• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

VS

they/she
I've never had the pleasure of going to a soccer match in person, only watched it on TV.

Perhaps I should change that.

You should it's an experience you won't forget.
The game I went to had like 3k people there though...

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Heard about it ten minutes ago. Really, really tragic. The world may have lost a talented man, but his family's feeling the sorrow harder.

Why did he have to do that? He was such a great guy (i think), this is easily the worst thing about today. :'(

Depression sucks that hard. I hope he's in peace, but for now his family will be the ones who need the comfort.

Genie was my fav role from him

I think Genie is my favorite role of his as well, but I've seen many more roles of him that I really can't decide which is my favorite. I don't think there was a single role of his I didn't like. Yeah, he had been in some bad movies, but he gave his best regardless.

VS

they/she
I cried when I heard he had passed. Depression sucks. Sports are my way of getting rid of my depression.

Also I LOVED his standup.

Mister_SGG

I was really depressed in the beginning of 2013 when my parents split. It was easier to get through that (cheesy alert) because I started listening to some new bands that I really enjoyed which made me very happy. I wish Mr. Williams had found something like that to help him through a tough time instead of giving up (same goes for all people that become suicidal)

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
So much sadness...
Robin Williams, dead? I mean, he seemed like a happy guy...

And Absol Wings, being an older brother myself, I think just giving him some support from the get-go would go a long way.
My brothers, I never get any 'Thanks' or anything from them. It would make my entire day for them to do something like that.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I was really depressed in the beginning of 2013 when my parents split. It was easier to get through that (cheesy alert) because I started listening to some new bands that I really enjoyed which made me very happy. I wish Mr. Williams had found something like that to help him through a tough time instead of giving up (same goes for all people that become suicidal)

I don't think we can really blame him, though. I doubt anyone outside of his closest family and friends knew of the struggles he had went through, nor for how long he had been miserable in private. Suicide is becoming more and more of a gray area that it's hard to know where to draw the line at, especially when mental illnesses such as depression are involved. There probably could've been an answer out there that would've given him the help he needed, if he hadn't tried everything, but it's possible it was just too much for him to handle. At this point, all we can do is mourn, give the family condolences, and then move on. Robin Williams left such a fantastic legacy that it's better to remember and rejoice in what he gave us instead of grieving over something that was beyond anyone's control.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
Depression will do that, my mom suffered and did the same thing. Really hope the press leaves the Williams alone. He was awesome always loved when he appeared in Zelda commercials and the like.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
So much sadness...
Robin Williams, dead? I mean, he seemed like a happy guy...

And Absol Wings, being an older brother myself, I think just giving him some support from the get-go would go a long way.
My brothers, I never get any 'Thanks' or anything from them. It would make my entire day for them to do something like that.

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll try doing that. "Life is too short to hold grudges" is my motto after all.

And.... holy Shinx, I'm literally just starting to make sense of what you guys are talking about. Robin Williams....dead? Wtf why, he was such a wonderful actor and person ;___;
I can't believe it. And SUICIDE? I had no idea he was suffering from depression.... Oooh gosh this is bad news. He's been such a cherished face ever since I was a kid..... man this feels lile the end of an era ._.

Last edited:

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz

The thing is, depression is a really scary illness. If it's mild then you can do things on your own to help alleviate it. But if someone has a bad enough depression to become suicidal, they *NEED* professional help. Depression, the illness, is not just being really sad. It's like this chemical imbalance in your brain where everything is just terrible. When someone tries to or does commit suicide it's not because they "gave up", it's because they literally cannot see or even conceive that things are going to get better.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
The thing is, depression is a really scary illness. If it's mild then you can do things on your own to help alleviate it. But if someone has a bad enough depression to become suicidal, they *NEED* professional help. Depression, the illness, is not just being really sad. It's like this chemical imbalance in your brain where everything is just terrible. When someone tries to or does commit suicide it's not because they "gave up", it's because they literally cannot see or even conceive that things are going to get better.

Wouldn't that be considered clinical depression?

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz
Wouldn't that be considered clinical depression?

Well, yes. That's the point I'm making. That suffering from depression the illness (Clinical Depression) is different than being depressed. When we're talking about someone who committed suicide because they've been struggling from depression, we're not talking about a person who is just depressed. We're talking about someone who was struggling with an illness.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
Well, yes. That's the point I'm making. That suffering from depression the illness (Clinical Depression) is different than being depressed. When we're talking about someone who committed suicide because they've been struggling from depression, we're not talking about a person who is just depressed. We're talking about someone who was struggling with an illness.

Ah okay, got you. Yeah, everyone gets depressed every now and then. It really will only become a problem if your depression isn't going away and like you said, having thoughts of suicide.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
i'm very glad i got to see robin williams live :( a sad day

shadow wolf

The one and only!

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Robin Williams died? Why am I instantly thinking Robbie Williams, the singer.. Are they the same person?
If so, then that's pretty sad..

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Robin Williams died? Why am I instantly thinking Robbie Williams, the singer.. Are they the same person?
If so, then that's pretty sad..

That's a terrible joke. And no, not even close.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Well then, I have no idea who Robin Williams is. Even heard of it on the radio this morning
It wasn't meant as a joke. I actually thought they meant Robbie Williams. But concidering how upset everyone are, I'll be quiet about it.

Last edited: