• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I can confirm that all anime is weird. Some anime is beyond weird.

I've heard of some so weird.... I literally feel like vomiting.

Go watch Queen's Blade. Hehehehehe

Please don't. Especially not near your friends or family

Now you have me an idea to look it up and immediately regret it.

Ehh... 4/10 for the time I played. I was still way in the beginning though, so I don't know if the gameplay would have been more awesome or stayed relatively the same after leveling up and gaining more and more powerful skills and spells.

Got it then.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
I haven't watch anime seasonally since forever, I got tired of wading through crap to find the good stuff.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Don't watch Naruto. This should probably all be somewhere in the anime forum, though.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
>anime
>good

okay no but to not be That Guy: if you want a good anime, go look into either Gintama or the 2012/2014 version of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I've heard of some so weird.... I literally feel like vomiting.

Now you have me an idea to look it up and immediately regret it.
You should... You should go repent for your sins and get blessed in Holy Water. Once you've seen an ecchi anime, you've been cursed by the Anime Devil. Not the 4Kids Devil variant though. Now those dudes are evil.

Yu Yu Hakusho is a good two decade old shonen anime. Should watch that instead of Naruto Shippuden. Saw the Pain battle? Hoooo boy! The animators were as high as the moon.

Zazie

So 1991
Seriously though, what's good? Kill la kill was too much for me.

Well if you like pokemon there is also digimon, beyblade, yu-gi-oh, monster rancher, medabots, b-da-man, bakugan, spider riders etc. Plenty of anime about kids battling stuff.

Unless you are looking for something different from pokemon (which I think is yes). I would first ask what kind of other stuff do you like to watch/read. Hard to give recommendations if we don't know what you like.

I agree with Hydrohs about asking in the anime section though. Some of the posters here haven't seen enough anime to give good suggestions. (not that the anime section sis going to be a huge improvement, but at least you won't hear about the same few shows.)

Last edited:

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
You should... You should go repent for your sins and get blessed in Holy Water. Once you've seen an ecchi anime, you've been cursed by the Anime Devil. Not the 4Kids Devil variant though. Now those dudes are evil.

So does everyone still hold OP's 4KIDS dub against 4KIDS even after we got a new FUNi dub? I mean for all the stupidity they did (YGO GX/YGO 5DS not getting proper endings, OP, Sonic X, and Tokyo Mew Mew, etc), they did have Pokémon's dub and Yugioh Duel Monsters dub which were great IMO.

Yu Yu Hakusho is a good two decade old shonen anime. Should watch that instead of Naruto Shippuden. Saw the Pain battle? Hoooo boy! The animators were as high as the moon.

Heard about it. How so?

Well if you like pokemon there is also digimon, beyblade, yu-gi-oh, monster rancher, medabots, b-da-man, bakugan, spider riders etc. Plenty of anime about kids battling stuff.

Digimon, Beyblade, B-D-Man, and Bakugan are all torture dubbed, well the latter 3 are but you get my point.

Zazie

So 1991
Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Dubs have been getting better over the years, but there's still a lot of bad ones out there (and not just 4Kids dubs -- apparently there was a dub of Madoka Magica which was atrocious (as if the entire series wasn't) and the Karneval dub was of laughable quality (but it's not like anyone would be interested in that)). If you want a GOOD dub, I'm led to understand that some number of Gundam dubs (e.g. Zeta, 0080 -- you know, the good Gundam series) are pretty good. The Cromartie High School dub occasionally very blatantly changes some lines -- but it was a gag series with an intentional gag dub. It's actually very good and surprisingly funny