• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
im pretty sure if used something hard enough, you could break any sword

You'd actually be surprised, even cheap beater swords wont break, you'll dent them for sure, but they should never snap from hitting something.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
That's still pretty cool, though. I've only taken a look at my brother's sword a couple of times since I'm tense around sharp or potentially-sharp objects anyway. I don't think he was going to plan on doing much with the sword except hang it up somewhere, though I think he plans to go get it sharpened when he gets back home from what I remember him telling me. I've been to the place he got it from once, and the swords there looked authentic enough to cut you (there were signs that said "You bleed, you buy", so I took it that meant everything was going to cut you), so I'm still a bit in awe over it.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Well yeah even novelty swords can be sharp enough to cut skin, but the first time I accidentally cut myself on mine was mind boggling. Essentially if you touch the blade and move even a bit, even without applying any pressure, it'll cut you very easily.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Well yeah even novelty swords can be sharp enough to cut skin, but the first time I accidentally cut myself on mine was mind boggling. Essentially if you touch the blade and move even a bit, even without applying any pressure, it'll cut you very easily.

I figured it was that easy to cut yourself on a blade. I only touched the blade once, and had made sure to feel the top flat surface and not on the edges, and not near the tip. Though I guess on a really good sword, you can lay a finger on it anywhere, and it will cut you if you so much as twitched.

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
Speaking of swords... is it even legal to OWN one of those things now?

I know certainly down where I live it isn't. XD

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Laws vary based on where you live, I don't think there is any place where it's illegal to own one. There are many laws in places preventing you from carrying it though. I know it's legal to own a sword in the UK for sure, there are quite a few collectors there.

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
Oh jeez good call Hydrohs; I didn't know that! Friend of mine told me the opposite so I naturally just thought it was illegal.

Oh are you from the States then JB? XD

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Ninja'd by Hydrohs. I know here in the U.S. there's nothing that says you can't own one, but I guess it depends on where you live. I think to use one outside of the home, you need a permit for it. I believe there are classes to take on how to properly use a sword, so permits probably do exist. Still is an interesting question.

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
Ninja'd by Hydrohs. I know here in the U.S. there's nothing that says you can't own one, but I guess it depends on where you live. I think to use one outside of the home, you need a permit for it. I believe there are classes to take on how to properly use a sword, so permits probably do exist. Still is an interesting question.

This is quite interesting actually! Not that I'd WANT to own one mind. ¬_¬ I just think it's quite cool to be more knowledgeable. XD Classes to do that kind of thing and all, wow. I bet that'd be pretty cool.

I've always wanted to do Tai Chi or something like that tbh; something that'd teach me self defence but be very chill. I think there's a place near my house that offers free classes on it actually.

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
Yep, I've actually carried one on the subway before when taking it to a friends house and nobody said anything.

Oh wow! I know down here that'd DEFINITELY turn a few heads if you get me. I know I'd be quite... worried tbh ha, ha XD

Why were you taking it anyway out of curiosity? Just to show to your mate?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Yeah, I have a few things stored at her house. I'm kind of a pack rat. I have like 6 "junk drawers" and I know as soon as I throw something away, I'll end up needing it again >>

srs, I have like 200 usb cables. maybe i can sell them

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I have a ton of different kinds. Standard ones, Normal to micro, Micro to Normal, Micro to Mini, hell, I even have a few SD to Micro adapters and a Headphone to mini one.

A lot can from cameras, cell phones, game systems and such over the years. Selling them at a $1 does seem like good idea, considering I don't even use most of them

Zazie

So 1991
I was sorta raised into nerdy-ness. Before and slightly after I was born, my parents were playing Red and Blue. Then, they got Yellow as a transfer game and I sorta just took it over. I played Yellow until my baby sister dropped it into a cup of Coke. Then I got Crystal because I was in love with the design of the cartridge. When we moved out of that apartment and into a house, I gave Crystal to my best friend there so he'd remember me. (never saw him again, this was 10 years ago) Then I just sorta....grew up with Pokemon. Now I'm 16 and still playing Y, my sister plays X, she has SoulSilver, and I have White 2. I doubt I'll ever stop~

Wow it's hard to believe pokemon is that old.

And dropped your game into a cup of coke, that hardly sounds like an accident. That sucks.

---

Been doing research for my big Master's paper. Reading a lot about Abbie Hoffman. Fun times.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
So I recently got this job during the days, and there is this guy who for the most part assumes things about me I always say, no your wrong about that. So today, a week and a half in one of the older gentlemen who has been swearing at this guy all day finally says to me during our break that he is an idiot and probably doesn't know that we call him one (fair enough it has been hinted at him but he doesn't pick it up, or woe is me. Mind you in a work place this isn't something that should be allowed, but due to the volume of work per time, there is not enough time to reprimand someone when 9/10 there mentality is to walk out immediately and not come back if reprimanded, people save money well enough, etc). Enough back story.

I just find it terrible that this guy who is considered dumb by those that work with him, self excluded as I just don't care, would continue to take no pride and effort into his job, regardless of what other people say or think I think that it's better to take pride in what you do because it's not the work it is you who does the work that follows through that people see.

John Madden

resident policy guy
Cosplaying is for nerds. Nerd.

but i can't be a nerd, just last weekend i went on a date

(which included a trip to a technology museum, one day after touring the stanford university campus)

Last edited: