• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

AlbinoDino

Icy Swirls
I just want to say I love this place, and I love you guys, from members to staff. I get to have my trading services and awesome nice people. Its such a relief from such an active forum.

I just wish I joined sooner.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Rob Schneider got fired from being Statefarm's spokesperson because he's anti-vaccination. It makes sense because his comedy is a disease.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
but what if his mom is hot?

Is his mom a 3000 year old demon with the body of a big breasted 2nd Year High Schooler? Because this sounds exactly like one of my animes.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
So I was laying down in bed, and I was thinking about Pokemon...I can't believe Pokemon has been apart of my life for 17 years....

Wow, time flies...

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
So I was laying down in bed, and I was thinking about Pokemon...I can't believe Pokemon has been apart of my life for 17 years....

Wow, time flies...

Indeed. As I'm sitting here rewatching the show, I can't help but think back to those days. I still remember how it felt to watch it every day before I went to school and after coming home from school. I think Kids WB came to adore Pokémon (while also cashing in on it) in some way because of how quick it was for it to have two, sometimes three slots on Saturdays, and then become the first to air on Kids WB in the mornings. It may have been repeats at times, but nobody cared because it was Pokémon. The more we learned about Pokémon, the cooler we were on the playground. It still feels awesome to know we were part of the Pokémon phenomenon, if only because chances of something like that happening again are very slim. I hope something like that happens again, though, because maybe hopefully then we as adults won't be as baffled over it as our parents were. Then again, maybe I just think it would be so cool to see another historical moment make its mark in pop culture because of the kiddies.

Man, do I look forward to and fear the moment that 20th anniversary rolls around the corner.

John Madden

resident policy guy
i don't wanna be reminded of the old pokemon days because that was the late goddamn 90s and everything was ****

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Indeed. As I'm sitting here rewatching the show, I can't help but think back to those days. I still remember how it felt to watch it every day before I went to school and after coming home from school. I think Kids WB came to adore Pokémon (while also cashing in on it) in some way because of how quick it was for it to have two, sometimes three slots on Saturdays, and then become the first to air on Kids WB in the mornings. It may have been repeats at times, but nobody cared because it was Pokémon. The more we learned about Pokémon, the cooler we were on the playground. It still feels awesome to know we were part of the Pokémon phenomenon, if only because chances of something like that happening again are very slim. I hope something like that happens again, though, because maybe hopefully then we as adults won't be as baffled over it as our parents were. Then again, maybe I just think it would be so cool to see another historical moment make its mark in pop culture because of the kiddies.

Man, do I look forward to and fear the moment that 20th anniversary rolls around the corner.

I have been watching the older Pokemon episodes on Netflix. Netflix has all of the Pokemon Indigo League episodes! I always watch a couple episodes every night before I go to bed. Watching these older episodes brings back memories! The episode when Brock, Misty and Ash were turned to into dolls used to creep me out lol. Sabrina was playing with them in her doll house.

I remember waking up before school to watch Pokemon. I miss those days. When I was in elementary school I remember kids bringing their cards and gameboys to school. I also remember getting sent to the principle office because of Pokemon cards. I had my cards in my locker, and this girl tattled on me. I eventually received my cards back, after my parents came up to the school and retrieved them for me.

I also remember trading Pokemon with my friends at recess. We would all have our gameboys out, with our link cables. Back then we had to use link cables because we didn't have built in wireless technology in our gameboys. I remember those days just like they were yesterday.

I also remember going to Burger King to get Pokemon Toys. I also remember watching the Burger King Pokeball recall commercial on tv. Well, some parents just suck at parenting, and they do a crappy job of keeping an eye on their kids.

I still have my Pokeball toys somewhere. I know I have my Pikachu gold plated card nearby, I just found it a while ago actually. I also found the Pokeball it came in.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I have been watching the older Pokemon episodes on Netflix. Netflix has all of the Pokemon Indigo League episodes! I always watch a couple episodes every night before I go to bed. Watching these older episodes brings back memories! The episode when Brock, Misty and Ash were turned to into dolls used to creep me out lol. Sabrina was playing with them in her doll house.

I'm surprised at how much I remember and don't remember the old episodes. Like I've always remembered parts of Jigglypuff's song, but I had forgotten how long it used to play and how the melody would start to change as it went along. It's so weird, but it makes sense.

When I was in elementary school I remember kids bringing their cards and gameboys to school. I also remember getting sent to the principle office because of Pokemon cards. I had my cards in my locker, and this girl tattled on me. I eventually received my cards back, after my parents came up to the school and retrieved them for me.

Lol, I don't remember any kids getting in trouble for the Pokémon cards at school (the Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, on the other hand...), but I remember that commercial parody from StupidVideos. It's the one with the two guys playing Pokémon, and the one was losing, so he tricked the other guy to look away while he stole his deck, then the victim pops in a Mentos and snipes the kid running down the street. It's great, even though it's kinda scarily accurate how insane some people are when it comes to these things.

I also remember going to Burger King to get Pokemon Toys. I also remember watching the Burger King Pokeball recall commercial on tv. Well, some parents just suck at parenting, and they do a crappy job of keeping an eye on their kids.

1999 and 2000 were the two years we went to Burger King a lot strictly because Mom was collecting the toys. She believed that Pokémon was a fad and after it went away, they'd would be worth a lot of money. We got two of the 23K gold cards, actually, though one we did purchase from Burger King, the other we found in our church's lost and found, lol.

But yeah, I remember that recall. I don't know if we still have any of those PokéBalls left on us, I haven't looked in the box everything's stored in in a long time. We weren't that great of taking good care of our things, so we've lost a few parts.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
speaking of Pokemon, Bank seems to have a really lenient grace period before it goes all deletey on you

it's been almost seven months since my subscription ran out, and upon renewing it tonight, the crapmons I had in there are all intact

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
remember when there were only 649 Pokemon

That's so old school. I do remember a time when there were only 718 Pokémons though. But then I saw Diancie, and I knew Gamefreak was running out of ideas. Next thing you know, Harada cancels Pokken Tournament, and he replaces the generic cute Japanese High School girl in Summer Lessons with Pokémon hotties. VR private study sessions with Skyla and Cynthia, here I come!