• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Jb

Tsun in the streets
i dont like this new generation of pokemon, a mole that turns into 3 mole, a bird that grows 2 more heads. sludge and a pokeball with a face that turns into a bigger sludge and pokeball with a face. and wtf is jynx. i liked the creative pokemon like mutant deers and ninjafrogs

Zazie

So 1991
I wonder when the results of the contest are going to be announced, I wanna know who the winner and loser are.

And pokeymans? I forgot all about those, isn't there supposed to be anew game coming out in a month or two? I remember when I cared, but I don't know I just shut out after a while because it was just endless pokemon. I'll probably be back into it eventually, but I am on a pokemon break right now. (maybe the new game will get me hyped)

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
never. everyone loses the end

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I wonder when the results of the contest are going to be announced, I wanna know who the winner and loser are.

And pokeymans? I forgot all about those, isn't there supposed to be anew game coming out in a month or two? I remember when I cared, but I don't know I just shut out after a while because it was just endless pokemon. I'll probably be back into it eventually, but I am on a pokemon break right now. (maybe the new game will get me hyped)
You'll always be hyped, concidering the main Pokémon games have been annual releases since 2009.

Phoopes

There it is.
Actually it's the annual releases that are kind of killing the hype.

It kind of ceases to be a big deal once it becomes and expectation.

I still get very hyped up and make a purchase every year. The only one I haven't put a bunch of hours into is White 2, so I think it's worth it.

Mister_SGG

I have to agree, the annual releases crashed my hype train--until this year. Before ORAS was announced I was doubtful I'd ever buy another pokemon game

Jb

Tsun in the streets
are we really compaining about how often big pokemon games are released like it's something new?

1998 - R/B
1999 - Yellow
2000 - G/S and Stadium
2001- Crystal Stadium 2
2002 -
2003 - R/S
2004 - FR/LG and Colo
2005 - Emerald
2006 - Mystery dungeon R/B
2007 - D/P and PBR
2008 - Mystery dungeon Time/Darkness
2009 - Platinum
2010 - HG/SS
2011 - B/W
2012 - B2/W2
2013 - X/Y
2014 - ORAS

the only year there hasn't been a major game or successful spin-off/battle game was in 2002. We've had 12 straight years of constant releases so im not sure what people are talking about

Zazie

So 1991
are we really compaining about how often big pokemon games are released like it's something new?

1998 - R/B
1999 - Yellow
2000 - G/S and Stadium
2001- Crystal Stadium 2
2002 -
2003 - R/S
2004 - FR/LG and Colo
2005 - Emerald
2006 - Mystery dungeon R/B
2007 - D/P and PBR
2008 - Mystery dungeon Time/Darkness
2009 - Platinum
2010 - HG/SS
2011 - B/W
2012 - B2/W2
2013 - X/Y
2014 - ORAS

the only year there hasn't been a major game or successful spin-off/battle game was in 2002. We've had 12 straight years of constant releases so im not sure what people are talking about

Mystery dungeon doesn't count. 3rd titles are essentially the same game, so I wouldn't call them that exciting either. In terms of being a big deal it's geneally New Gen > Remake > Third Game > anything else.

Revised it's more like:
1998 - Red and Blue GEN 1
2000 - Gold and Silver GEN 2 (2 years)
2003 - Ruby and Sapphire GEN 3 (3 years)
2004 - Firered Leaf Green
2007 DIamond and Pearl GEN 4 (4 years)
2010 Heart Gold Soul Silver
2011 Black and White GEN 5 (4 years)
2012 Black and White 2
2013 X and Y GEN 6 (2 years)
2014 R/S remakes I fogot their names.

And honestly you also have to take into account diminishing returns. After you've played a few some people aren't going to be as excited.

I don't really see how it matter whether I am excited about new games or not anyway. (I don't have much more to say about it, because I don't want to shove general chat too much into pokemon discussion)
---

Anyway did anyone else end up watching the SImpsons/Family Guy crossover?

Last edited:
So, I had fun at conciliation court yesterday. We ended up reaching a settlement, but the most amusing part is that before we brought our settlement to the judge we had to wait for him to hear this other disputed case involving this lady that wanted to kick her tenants out, citing forfeiture, because ten thousand dollars, ten pounds of crack, and a gun were all found in a safe in their basement. It made my problems feel really small by comparison.

Last edited:

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Don't you guys hate whenever there's a fly or mosquito in your room at night and you are trying to sleep but can't because as soon as you close your eyes you hear the buzzing. Well there is this big fly in my room, it's too fast for me to kill. I even opened my room door with the hopes that it would fly out but no, it made it worse because another fly flew in so now I have to deal with two flies instead of one.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Don't you guys hate whenever there's a fly or mosquito in your room at night and you are trying to sleep but can't because as soon as you close your eyes you hear the buzzing. Well there is this big fly in my room, it's too fast for me to kill. I even opened my room door with the hopes that it would fly out but no, it made it worse because another fly flew in so now I have to deal with two flies instead of one.
Brah, Winter is Coming. The mosquitoes are gonna freeze, and die in masses, and I will be happy again. Mosquitoes freaking suck. I wouldn't mind being a lame superhero whose only power is being a human mosquito repellant.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Oh my God yes. I freaking hate this the moment I notice one's in the room. If any of my brothers are easily available, I will pretty much beg them/pull them into my room with a flyswatter to help. Flies typically don't bother me, and if they're small and I know they don't bite, meh, they'll go away eventually (I leave my door open at night anyway). It's the mosquitoes I don't like the most, and I don't care that they don't bother humans, the mosquito hawks (mayflies) are fugly and freak me out just as much. Even spiders in the room would bring me to cover myself up at night, and they don't bother me as much.

Sometimes I wish we had geckos living around the house, or that our cats would catch and eat them, then maybe I wouldn't be as antsy about it.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Mystery dungeon doesn't count. 3rd titles are essentially the same game, so I wouldn't call them that exciting either. In terms of being a big deal it's geneally New Gen > Remake > Third Game > anything else.

Revised it's more like:
1998 - Red and Blue GEN 1
2000 - Gold and Silver GEN 2 (2 years)
2003 - Ruby and Sapphire GEN 3 (3 years)
2004 - Firered Leaf Green
2007 DIamond and Pearl GEN 4 (4 years)
2010 Heart Gold Soul Silver
2011 Black and White GEN 5 (4 years)
2012 Black and White 2
2013 X and Y GEN 6 (2 years)
2014 R/S remakes I fogot their names.

And honestly you also have to take into account diminishing returns. After you've played a few some people aren't going to be as excited.

I don't really see how it matter whether I am excited about new games or not anyway. (I don't have much more to say about it, because I don't want to shove general chat too much into pokemon discussion)
---

Anyway did anyone else end up watching the SImpsons/Family Guy crossover?
yes. thats 45 minutes of my life ill never get back.

KillerDraco

To be fair, the Simpsons jumped the shark years ago. Never watched Family Guy so I can't speak for it. Doing a crossover episode just screams gimmick though. Did anyone really have high standards for it?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
It was horrible. Family Guy and The Simpsons haven't been funny in a long time, so this crossover was just godawful. Bob's Burger is awesome though (Bob got a small cameo in the crossover), and South Park is as witty and funny as ever, even if I didn't understand most of the references in the season premiere. Still can't wait for the next crossover though, with Futurama. Loved the show, and glad it actually had a finale, rather than going on and on and on.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
lol

What I hated about the Family Guy/Simpsons crossover is that it was painfully self-aware but in an awful way.

Opinions; Everyone's got one.

It's October now?? Cool. Might try to change my username to something shorter. I still love Hydreigon, but dat Gen 6 nerf.