• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Ninfia-Fan

*Someone makes Ebola joke* *Everybody laughs* *Someone makes AIDS joke* *Everybody laughs* *Someone makes Cancer joke* *Come on man, people die of Cancer* - Our Stupid Society

Sorry I don't mean to offend anyone by making this post or directly point it towards someone but the above post reminded me of this but this is what is happening in our societies nowadays.

It truly sickens me when the students at my school make jokes about Ebola and AIDS. Don't they understand just what Ebola is and that both can kill you and both are horrible. Then they joke about some other disease, such as cancer, like you mentioned and don't even laugh because cancer can kill you. I don't think people really give AIDS or Ebola, especially, the respect and caution - maybe even fear - these diseases deserve. Just because Ebola hasn't reached Australia yet (I don't think) doesn't give people a right to crack jokes about people dying from it.

In this way, society sickens me... (Not meant to offend people)

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Even though a very limited number of people (in America, anyway) have died of Ebola, I've still gotten REALLY frustrated with a lot of the joking about Ebola lately.

Canada

Banned
if you're going to reply with a meme at least make sure it's one that's less terrible

sorry sogeking but someone had to say it ;438;

Sppf is friendly.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Even though a very limited number of people (in America, anyway) have died of Ebola, I've still gotten REALLY frustrated with a lot of the joking about Ebola lately.

The "Obama created ebola" thing is so much worse.

Canada

Banned
Agreed there. That is hella annoying to me as well. Also Obama being at the butt of tasteless jokes has gotten old a long time ago.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Even when it's not a joke the whole "President X is the only person responsible for this" thing is annoying, because it's not like the president just presses a button and something happens. It's more "President wants something done and it never happens because of a mountain of political crap"

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
it's not like the president just presses a button and something happens

I think it is essential that we are all vigilant in remembering that there are literally people who believe this

Canada

Banned
Last edited:

VS

they/she
*Someone makes Ebola joke* *Everybody laughs* *Someone makes AIDS joke* *Everybody laughs* *Someone makes Cancer joke* *Come on man, people die of Cancer* - Our Stupid Society

Sorry I don't mean to offend anyone by making this post or directly point it towards someone but the above post reminded me of this but this is what is happening in our societies nowadays.

I am very anti-sick joke. I only commented this time because Cancer jokes hit closer to home for me. If you are unaware of this, my granny died of cancer recently.
if you're going to reply with a meme at least make sure it's one that's less terrible

sorry sogeking but someone had to say it ;438;
This^

I am very anti-sick joke. I only commented this time because Cancer jokes hit closer to home for me. If you are unaware of this, my granny died of cancer recently.

Yeah. People take cancer very seriously and it's alright, I agree with that but it's not right to laugh at AIDS and Ebola. People die of those too. And in societies nowadays people make jokes of Ebola and AIDS.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
it might work better if you lighten the mood with a video that doesn't have a rape joke in it, but thanks for trying

Alright you got me there. That video was a little too edgy. That joke wasn't needed. It was the Jigglypuff voice trolling that I found hilarious.

Sorry for interrupting you guys, and your important argument about Obama. I had no clue GCT became the GOT "General Obama Thread"

I also recall ebola and feminism being the topics of discussion as well. Again, sorry for interrupting.

Have a good day.

Last edited: