• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Jb

Tsun in the streets
That doesn't change the fact that they don't make the game.

True, but that doesn't change the fact that both Compile Heart and Idea Factory are the Japanese equivalent of EA and Activision.

I wouldn't say that. The Japanese equivalents to EA and Activision are probably Capcom and Konami at this point. Capcom is like EA in that they pretty much want you to shell out extra money for damn near everything in their games, while Konami's recent antics have shown a pattern of screwing their own people over in addition to some of their most storied franchises, which is very similar to how Activision has worked over the past two decades. Hell, you could lump SEGA in there as well.

All in all though i don't find the list of terrible companies to be that pervasive in video games when concerning the Japanese. Most of the companies seem to have their stuff together.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I keep playing Tales of Symphonia and wondering what 13 year old me loved about it.

Pathfinder

No Angel
I keep playing Tales of Symphonia and wondering what 13 year old me loved about it.

Same though for me it's Jak & Daxter and Jak II lol. I had to break out my PS2 from the closet when my PS3 went down. I've also been playing Pokemon Snap on my N64 , but I still remember why I loved that game so much x).

I think when I get paid again I'm finally just gonna upgrade to a PS4 or get a Wii U instead of replacing my PS3. I've been putting that off for way too long anyway.

bobjr

Staff member
Jak and Daxter series still has held up well for me, but then again it is a Naughty Dog series. Some of the missions in 2 suck but it's still solid, or maybe it's because those games were my summer video games.

Xeno the Doomguy

I have a switch and getting back into Pokemon!
*tapping feet*.... Hello? How are you guys?

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
i just bought rayman legends and ori & the blind forest on steam. sale success

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Not even paying any attention to E3 at all, because at this point I could care less. Last console gen was bad enough that I don't even want to give the new stuff coming out a try at all.

Good for you, and I hope it stays that way. We don't need more people complaining about how gaming nowadays is boring and not innovative because you choose to be ignorant and just focus on dudebro games instead of doing research and seeing that the variety of games nowadays is overwhelming. Meanwhile, I'm still recovering from the megatons that were TLG rereveal, FFVII Remake, and Shenmue III.

Zazie

So 1991
Good for you, and I hope it stays that way. We don't need more people complaining about how gaming nowadays is boring and not innovative because you choose to be ignorant and just focus on dudebro games instead of doing research and seeing that the variety of games nowadays is overwhelming. Meanwhile, I'm still recovering from the megatons that were TLG rereveal, FFVII Remake, and Shenmue III.

I don't even know what "dudebro games" you are talking about. FFVII remake isn't remotely exciting, and Shenmue III is only interesting in that a big name was brought back, we don't exactly have a shortage of sandbox games here. And does TLG mean The Last Guradian, because that game was announced years ago, not what I would consider new.

But actually looking at e3 there are a few completely new things that look potentially interesting. Nothing that makes me want to install any additional software though. Better off waiting until they are released to care see if they are any good and through what means they are available.

Jak and Daxter series still has held up well for me, but then again it is a Naughty Dog series. Some of the missions in 2 suck but it's still solid, or maybe it's because those games were my summer video games.

I really like Jak and Daxter 1, less so the later ones, victims of the the sandbox and put guns in 3d platformers fads. I won't say they are bad, but they didn't grab me to keep playing after putting the disc in like ht efirst did.

Last edited:
FFVII remake isn't remotely exciting, and Shenmue III is only interesting in that a big name was brought back
I'd wager that millions of gaming fans disagree with your assessment.

Last edited:

Zazie

So 1991
I'd wager that millions of gaming fans disagree with your assessment.

I'd wager that millions of gaming fans being excited isn't all that relevant.

The point was that these things aren't the best showcase for the wide variety of games beaing released. Being seqeuals and remakes to older games and all. And it was for that specific arguement that these games were brought up.

Feel free to like them, I like Mario games, I am not going to say everything needs to be out of left feild.

Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I'd wager that millions of gaming fans being excited isn't all that relevant.

The point was that these things aren't the best showcase for the wide variety of games beaing released. Being seqeuals and remakes to older games and all. And it was for that specific arguement that these games were brought up.

Feel free to like them, I like Mario games, I am not going to say everything needs to be out of left feild.

Lol like I said, I hope you stay that way. "Another Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed? Is gaming creatively bankrupt?! They should look at Nintendo. Mario has NEVER had a sequel or remake."

bobjr

Staff member
If anything I tend to see the opposite. People going "Nintendo just keeps reusing it's franchises", when almost every developer does that.