1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by Kreis, Mar 6, 2014.

1. I don't see the problem in going with franchise favorites. If you have a winner you should get the most out of it.

2. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

Every video game company reuses franchises. As a business practice, it's a safe bet. You know Zelda, Halo, Final Fantasy, whatever, is going to sell to a decent extent no matter what.

You've piqued my curiosity. What are 1st and 2nd, in your opinion?

...Also, it's too bad Tales of Symphonia never got a sequel. Just like Avatar the Last Airbender never got a movie. Yup, a real shame.

3. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Abyss is second while Vesperia is 1st.

If we in include Japan only then

1st Vesperia(PS3) and Destiny DC
    2nd Phantasia X
    3rd Rebirth

4. Oh god. Can we not bring up the abortion that was the M. Night Shyamalan version of Avatar.

5. Navin

Navin MALDREAD

6. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

Fun fact M. Night Shaymalan's 8 year old daughter got a head writer credit for The Last Airbender.

7. So basically Shyamalan pulled something similar to a Godfather III type move and got the same results.

8. Void Ventus

Void Ventus Sic Parvis Magna

Plot tweest: M. Night Shyamalan's next movie (something about a child staying in his grandparents' house, and being told not to exit the room at night) reviewed so well, it became a box office hit and single-handedly revived his career. He gets a second chance with Nickelodeon and makes a Korra movie.

9. Mister_SGG

Mister_SGG Well-Known Member

What are you guys on about the last airbender was bloody amazing. Shyamalan did such a good job it's barely even recognizable as an adaptation of the cartoon! That's the mark of a skilled filmmaker right there

10. Abstinence Pistols

Abstinence Pistols Fahrvergnugen

I'm going to throw myself to the wolves a little and say on the topic of FFVII I thought it was a pretty good game but really criminally overrated and imo Chrono Trigger kicks its ***. I dunno though.

The only Shyamalan movie I've ever seen is The Village which was alright but had some really off the wall plot points so I won't really comment on that

Anyone ever built a guitar? I bought a Jazzmaster a few weeks ago (it's just a Squier but I love it to bits holy **** it's so fun), and I wanted to get a bass too but I figured it'd be cool to try building one and it would cost about the same too.

11. Recon

Recon 11001101011101010100

I'm honestly waiting to see comments from people that played FFVII's remake that say "I paid $60 for this?"

I don't dislike the game, god no. I'm just wondering if it has aged well. Wasn't there a period of time we constantly poked fun at how bad Cloud's angst was? Or was that just me?

12. KillerDraco

The game really hasn't aged well, not at all. But the question is if the remake will polish it up at all to remedy this.

...At the very least, hopefully the lolbad translations improve.

13. Recon

Recon 11001101011101010100

It won't.

I mean it can't be all bad, Nomura is handling it, right?

Guys?

...I'm gonna go play TWEWY now...

14. BritishLanguage

BritishLanguage I enjoy earth day

maybe wikipedia will stop edit-warring about aeris/aerith's name. that's at least what this will make

15. Void Ventus

Void Ventus Sic Parvis Magna

If there's anything worse than FFVII fans, it's Chrono Trigger and FFVI fanboys who must always undermine FFVII in every single conversation. Why are people liking the things I don't like??!! You love both games? Great! Just don't shove it in everyone's face because no one cares unless it's a comparison argument.

You wonder if it has aged well, but then responds negatively when someone suggests that a remake that will make it up to current standards will fix it... Looks like your question wasn't even needed to be asked at all. And awesome that you're from the future, able to confirm the remake plays exactly like the original. How's life in the future, a future where you're still playing TWEWY just waiting for that mythical TWEWY 2? Lol

It's Aerith. You don't call Sephiroth "Sephiros", right? It's just japanophiles purists pretending to be Japanese. Their names can either be written with an s or th, but the official translation since KH1 has been Aerith.

People have been demanding a FFVII remake for almost a decade, so fans have to put up or shut up and actually buy the game. And FFVII is a great game, just needs a huge graphical upgrade and better translation work, which the latter the PC version seems to have fixed. The game's going to change a few things from the original, so it won't be a 1:1 carbon copy with upgrades.

Either you only played FFVII for 5 minutes, or only watched Advent Children, or have never played the game at all and just going from what you've heard/read. FFVII has you cross-dress Cloud and let him go out on a Ferris wheel date with either your female or male party members. He may not be as happy go lucky like Zidane or Tidus or Vaan, but he sure as heck ain't a brooding emo like Cecil or Squall.

16. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

OKAY REWIND FOR A SEC

Now, I admit to not knowing the script inside and out (sorry but all video games that aren't Big Rigs are trash and you should all be ashamed of liking them), but where was Sephiroth referred to as "Sephiros"? It's not like "Aeris" was an actual official translation for the main game for years or anything -- not to mention the main one.

17. Only watched FF7, never played it. Thought it was a great game, but just hasn't held up over time. Those graphics would've been tolerable had i played it back then, but man do they make my eyes bleed now. Aside from that, the game was great in my opinion, so i'd be interested to see what a remake would be like.

18. Psynergy

Psynergy Strong Winds Staff Member Super Mod

This guy are sick. Always.

FF7 has good music at least, hope they don't screw that up. Not a fan of One-Winged Angel though, sorry. Or Dancing Mad for that matter.

19. KillerDraco

I can't really think of a Final Fantasy game that didn't have good music, honestly. Don't get me wrong, some are obviously better than others, but I've never had one where I think to myself "Ugh, this soundtrack sucks" or anything.

Incidentally, despite a slew of bad games, Sonic games usually have pretty good music regardless as well. '06 may have sucked but its music was pretty solid.