• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
You truly think Sonic is good?

Because he has become a very unlikable character with even worst games

Yup! He's a good guy! Havent tried Sonic Boom or Lost World other then the demo yet, but of every other one I've played I certainly got that out of.

See what you mean with "become". Lately SEGA's been basting him with sass and pop-offs.
I mean, he's always been like that, but there was a bit more of a serious tone when it came to enemies, and it didn't really come off as strong but maybe it's partly his new VA?

Though it is just a buncha animals fighting an evil genius, I kind of miss when they took themselves seriously. Now that every game is Saturday cartoon mode, chars like Shadow, Rouge, and Omega are standing around like "ok what do we do"

Last edited:

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
lol if you thought sonic was ever a likeable character. he was uncool in the 90s and now he's dated and uncool

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
sonic is good!

As much as I like Chao Adventure 2 with that little Dark/Hero animal story going on alongside the Chao main game, I feel like a standalone Chao Garden wouldnt quite be enough for it to succeed. Chao Gardens have always come with some wacky Sonic gameplay to come with them in order to collect Rings and Items. Now i'm not sayin we cant find another way to collect those things, but I feel like havin to go through a bit of action to get stuff for your chao really helped balance things out when taking care of your chao for hours at a time. Of course, that's just me, since I enjoyed the Sonic/Shadow gameplay. Plus seeing Shadow be a mother-figure on his downtime was really a funny thought.

Anyone remember Tiny Chao Garden? The things the chao would say would really make you think.

At least the Chao 3DS theme will always be there to help memories flood back, and SEGA hasn't completely forgotten about it.

I mean I don't think it would be a $40 game on the 3ds, but considering most mobile games are <$5 a tiny Chao garden type of thing would work great at that price point. Just throw in a couple of those tiny chao garden mini games to get rings and you're set.

Week so far: U.S. announces that it will allow negotiations with terrorists, a witch hunt on inanimate objects (confederate flag and statues of confederate figures) and Bobby Jindal announces he is running for President. I do believe I'm in Hell.

Pigeon Mitch

Eraser Rain
Week so far: U.S. announces that it will allow negotiations with terrorists, a witch hunt on inanimate objects (confederate flag and statues of confederate figures) and Bobby Jindal announces he is running for President. I do believe I'm in Hell.
This makes two of us. I'm beginning to lose my faith in humanity all over again. I lost most of it on the presumed doomsday.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The Confederate flag is dumb and Sherman should have burned them all.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The removal of the Confederate flag will outrage the rednecks! Haha

Better get my popcorn ready.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
To be fair: the Confederate flag doesn't directly make people racist. But on the other hand, maybe freely flying racist symbols is not such a good idea, to put it lightly.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
I mean there's a reason why some European countries completely ban nazi imagery. Leave it in a museum but that shouldn't be sanctioned by the government

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
my free speech is being threatened cus i can't fly a flag that symbolizes little other than the oppression of a race in modern context ;_;

you poor soul

it's not even free speech that's being threatened, since private citizens can still fly it (I mean, they shouldn't, but they can)

my free speech is being threatened cus i can't fly a flag that symbolizes little other than the oppression of a race in modern context ;_;

you poor soul

I fly the American Flag on my property, stranger danger. If supporting individuals' rights to display a flag that they believe to symbolize southern pride, heritage, etc. is racist, fine by me.
Never had a Confederate Flag myself, nor will i ever. Personally don't like design, nor do i like it because it's usually what country boys have down here and i'm not that.

Last edited:
in general, the government forcing black people to subsidize a symbol of their own oppression with their tax money is wrong. Lewis black said it well, if you love it so much you can put it above your fireplace, but flying it above the state capitol and on public grounds is completely unacceptable. Government represents everyone, or at least it should. Aside from that, the flag is also a symbol of open rebellion to the government of the United States. It's the traitor flag, let's get serious here. That alone should be reason enough to explain why it should never be on public grounds.

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
pretty much. if individuals want to basically hang a giant sign that says I AM A RACIST outside their door fine, but the government should not be doing that.

reminds me of at my college when the guys who lived in the agriculture house had a racist/homophobic sign, noose, and confederate flag, and people got mad that they were made to take it down. sorry but when you get subsidized housing on university property and are a division of the university staff you have more restrictions on you.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Remember people still aren't convinced the Civil War wasn't about slavery at all, and call it the War of Northern Aggression.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
pretty much. if individuals want to basically hang a giant sign that says I AM A RACIST outside their door fine, but the government should not be doing that.

reminds me of at my college when the guys who lived in the agriculture house had a racist/homophobic sign, noose, and confederate flag, and people got mad that they were made to take it down. sorry but when you get subsidized housing on university property and are a division of the university staff you have more restrictions on you.
I agree with this pretty much. When you privately have the flag hanging around your house, you can think whatever about it. If you have it where many people see it, then it shouldn't be there.

Being in Texas and all, I know a bit of its history. The city of Houston is named after Sam Houston, the hero of Texas Independence from Mexico, and President of the state. After the state was annexed, Houston was a high ranking official (Senator and Governor). After the talk about succession came about, Houston refused to recognize it, and he was ousted for that.