1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by Kreis, Mar 6, 2014.

1. I remember Ellie not being particularly popular with Misc. at all, peaking right around the time the roast threads were created, but even then the kind of ridicule she engaged in while occasionally over the top, was still pretty mild compared to the straight up vindictive things Josh, Rave, and Ethan could dish out on a good day. When it comes down to it though, I really don't think who is less guilty of what is a productive discussion to be having. If you come home from work covered in shit, you still smell. How much more caked in crap the other guy was is all pretty irrelevant at that point. Everyone sinned and fell short of the glory of God, you get it.

I remember getting pretty excited about the roast threads when they first showed up, but I guess why they could have never worked out the way they were intended is because you can always use a ribbing in good fun as a false pretext to spew out venom. Sadly, that's exactly what happened.

I also agree that the moderators at times really did have to act like dicks. There were some members that just really didn't get it and seemed not to respond when gentler methods of moderation were used. Maybe because of the way that Misc. was set up at the time, being a dick was sort of a path of least resistance. If you constantly find yourself in a position where you have to be a bit of a jerk to get your point across, it's probably not going to take long before you start making that the default method of dealing with things.

Anyways, I guess we'll see in the future if the community here is capable of being built from the ground up again, should the forum ever become more active. You never know.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  2. Rocxidi

Rocxidi ס₪₪₪§€ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ7

someone link me to a roast thread. sound like good times, why didnt i join earlier

siGH

3. Eternalserenity

Eternalserenity Wanderer

Well, Pokémon hype is a bit at a low point without news or a release of a main installment in the Pokémon series. If the forum isn't generating traffic, there won't be as many people contributing to the community. I wouldn't know the state of Misc these days, but it sounds a little less than lively.

4. I hope pokemon go will be as fun as what people are cracking it up to be. My 3DS was stolen awhile ago, so I only get to enjoy pokemon related things through my phone at the moment. :(

5. ellie

ellie Δ Staff Member Admin

the other mods always liked me (for the most part). it was just the members who didn't like me once i became a smod because i was an "outsider" who actually did more cleaning up of the worst of the trolling/other crap than the mods added to misc were willing to do. but, like many other things it was a small vocal group, the majority of people just kind of sat back and either partook just a little or not at all.

as for viewing the old threads, they probably all got deleted/mixed up when ethan decided to go nuclear upon leaving. i havent bothered to look for those threads specifically but 9 times out of 10 when i go to look for an old misc thread it's gone bc of that. but really they weren't "good times," they were kind of a terrible idea from the start because the point of a roast is they all know the person and know what lines not to cross so it's all in good fun. on a forum like this it isnt possible to only have people who know the person post so it will always lead to crap like what happened.

anyways. i am cautiously optimistic about pokemon go. they're hyping it up so much i'm not sure it will be able to meet people's expectations, but it does seem to be a really neat concept. i drive around a lot for work and like to travel so that will help complete my dex ;)

6. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

On the topic of pokemon go, if any of you have played an android game called Ingress, it's made by the same developer that Pokemon Go will have. I just recently got it, and it was a similar concept, where your physical location determines game effects. However this game is more along the lines of capture the flag, there being 2 teams having to go to landmarks and claim them. It's actually quite fun, if these are the same people who are making Pokemon GO, then it's in good hands.

7. Murder Doll

Murder Doll Button Presser

I'm amused that I'm still the top poster here despite having basically stopped existing on Serebii at large...

8. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Pokemon Go is gonna suck if you have a shitty phone aka anything made before mid 2013.

9. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

I live out in the middle of nowhere. All we will probably find out here is Rattata....

10. Rocxidi

go will be trash until gen 4+ mons show up

gen 1 is trash zzz

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  11. Eternalserenity

Eternalserenity Wanderer

I don't even have a phone. I guess I'll have to make do without Pokémon Go.

12. ellie

ellie Δ Staff Member Admin

another place i was reading (cant remember where now otherwise i'd go find it) said that similar games often let you contact the devs and they will make stuff "populate" where you are. as long as it's public buildings. but we will probably have to wait until the actual game comes out to see.

13. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

People said the same thing about X&Y and not having a 3DS.

There's always gonna be someone who lacks the thing to play the other thing.

14. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

How do you even not have a smartphone.you could get one for like 40 bucks from Walmart.even less from the dollar store

15. Rocxidi

Phone companies giving out free phones for paying 40 bucks a month for unlimited calls text and data

you can prob get a cheap tablet and just steal peoples wifi to find mons

16. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

I always kind of wondered why the people they picked for mods in this section were such massive trolls. Granted, I guess trolls were about all we had for active members around here for a while, eh

17. Void Ventus

Void Ventus Sic Parvis Magna

Saw a gay marriage yesterday morning. Was cool. Didn't know gay marriage was allowed in Hawaii.

18. Navin

Navin MALDREAD

Is it going to be one of those free to play but in-app purchases where you basically can't do anything more than basic stuff without $$$? I rather they just release a $10-20 full version with everything available.

19. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

Well when gay marriage was legalized in the states, I would have assumed Hawaii would be included.

20. Void Ventus

Void Ventus Sic Parvis Magna

Aren't all official Pokémon games so far on iOS just ports of the same games on 3DS? Shuffle on 3DS microtransaction, so of course the iOS version will too.

Not all 50 states have legalized same sex marriage.