1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by Kreis, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Eternal Darkness

Eternal Darkness Eternal Evil

Supreme Court made a decision back in June that gay marriage was legal under the 14th? amendment

It was all the rage all summer. Look up Kim Davis, for one

2. Void Ventus

Void Ventus Sic Parvis Magna

Oh that's nice. How the heck did I miss this though? Shame on me.

Anyway, South Park Studios wants fan drawn images of Yaoi Tweek and Craig shipping to use on this week's episode. If there's one thing Pokémon fanart makers are good at, it's erotic images.

3. Rocxidi

Rocxidi ס₪₪₪§€ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ7

Its legal bit apparently people can still refuse it. Im all for equality, but forcing someone to go against their own beliefs and marry two people who they see as sinners sounds wrong.

does civil marriage require a priest?

4. No, it doesn't.

5. JoshYEAH

JoshYEAH ???

the roast threads were dumb as hell

i mean they were pretty funny if you were in the crowd of people who actually saw the funny side but to 99% of the forum it just looked like a bunch of people being terrible to one another

and also literally nobody ever was funny

except me

i was p funny tbh (here is a link to the only thread of "that time" that was ever funny in the slightest - Stay strong, Ethan

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  6. I thought lots of other members could be funny, but it's a rare comedian that's consistently funny. GrizzlyB was always my favorite in that department. Though perhaps my humor isn't quite as sophisticated as yours.

7. Rocxidi

lmfao if this is whats considered "funny" by the intolerants id like to see the rest

lol ethan got banned.

you know, all these banned members make me wonder if the forum would run faster and smoother if we were to get rid of these accounts. i dont know how the forum functions but im sure ellie would know something since shes serebiis 2nd or 3rd in command

damn tho, sexual reassignment camps are actually real

8. JoshYEAH

JoshYEAH ???

ye the sheer amount of saved megabits would be a v big deal

and i know, "damn tho"

obviously not for i am british and we invented humour????

and also most comedians have to be consistently funny

otherwise they wouldn't be a comedian

they'd just be a guy or girl that was sometimes funny

wtf

it was very terrible

9. You've never heard of good comedians giving a bad performance? Even household names like George Carlin did shows that weren't that great. For example, I thought Cipher was funny too, but he had a couple embarrassing moments where he fell pretty flat. I vaguely remember some parody thread he made that got a lot of bad press.

Honestly, what I found the funniest about Misc. were the members that weren't even trying to be intentionally funny. I can't recall a whole lot off the top of my head, but there were so many people that had the most ridiculous and over the top reactions to things.

Speaking of comedy, what types of humor do most people here enjoy? When it comes to the subject of funny, I think I may have become one of those sad, humorless adults that everyone talks about. I get most jokes, but it's a rare moment you'll get a belly laugh out of me. Even if I find something genuinely funny, these days the most I can muster up is a chuckle.

10. Zazie

Zazie So 1991

I presume the funny side was the stuff happening on the misc irc that people used to keep talking about?

I don't laugh much either, but it's not like a can't appreciate the light-hearted attitude behind the humor.

Me and one of my friends think Stevie T (youtube guitar video guy) is pretty funny. I like Djent jokes.

I also like cartoons, especially the ones on cartoon network. Cartoon quotes can get old if overused, but when used judiciously they work well.

As far as memes, most of the mainstream ones aren't funny and I am not a big fan of them in general. But I still get a slight out of Goofy Time and Milhouse.

11. emeraldellie

emeraldellie Δ Staff Member Admin

no it's more like i get **** done that joe is too lazy to do

and it might run faster i honestly dont know. but joe has a weird thing about not wanting to delete old accounts/posts/whatever since like.. i wanna say late 2005 was the last purge? i brought it up wrt name changes freeing up older names but it isnt happening apparently. oh well.

and people being funny without trying is always way better than people trying too hard to be funny and usually failing at it

12. Void Ventus

Are you sure the current Joe isn't a robot? Or that he hasn't gone insane from the Yokai Watch success in Japan?

13. Rocxidi

Im pretty sure hes planning to reset the site and do nothing but yokai watch discussion. hell destroy the forums so nothing from the current serebii remains

14. Void Ventus

Fortunately for him, YW isn't that popular here in the US (so far). The anime is doing bad ratings wise, but that could be because it's on Disney X D (spaced so it doesn't the emoji). I don't watch TV, but has anyone seen an ad for the game yet? It's coming out the same week as COD, but which genius decide to release it the same week? I remember watching the YW event earlier this year where they were trying to push the IP to the west (even announced a USA themed Yokai), but now nothing.

15. Rocxidi

McDonalds putting Hoopa in their happy meals next month. What a way to fatten america, give everyone an ultra powerful demon like monster for eating a big mac.

16. Eternalserenity

Eternalserenity Wanderer

It might be this Pokémon deal was made because McDonalds is losing business and is looking for ways to get warm bodies back into their restaurants.

Anyone got plans for Halloween? I'm gonna try to make some time to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas.

17. Psynergy

Psynergy Strong Winds Staff Member Super Mod

I mean it seems straightforward enough, marketing for the Hoopa movie is a thing and why not do it through McDonalds promotion? Apparently they didn't market the movie enough in Japan so they could be taking a hint from that to do a better job promoting it overseas.

No Halloween plans for me though, too lazy to do anything and I have stuff to catch up on anyway.

18. CyberBlaziken

CyberBlaziken A Greater Evil

First time posting here, might as well.

That could be it too, but we all know McDonald's isn't as popular as it was 5 years ago. Mutual benefits from this.

And as for Halloween, there's the campus party. And I am dressing up as Kirito from SAO. It's been a long time since I did.

I just heard Toys 'R' Us store in Times Square is going to close in January. A little part of my childhood just died.

19. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

Whenever I go to McDonalds, ppl are always clamoring in it and there is a long line...how are they losing customers

20. Rocxidi

jack in the box is better