• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I like a lot of old music, especially 60s-80s anything and even 1990s (to be fair I'll listen to just about anything, but I have a special fondness for the classics). I want to create a new radio format that combines classic hits with classic rock. Classic hits focuses on hit singles in pop music from the mid-60s to at least mid-80s but no later than 1989 in all genres of popular music (in this format you will hear styles as diverse as Motown, British Invasion, disco, country-rock, among others), while classic rock is basically just rock from the 60s to 80s sometimes early 90s without R&B and pop.

My goal is to create a radio format that people who like all kinds of classic music from Motown to hair bands can listen to. I need a name for this format, the best I can come up with is "classic music" but I think there could be a better name for this proposed format.

Abstinence Pistols

Opinions on which version of Blade Runner is the best? I figured the original first but apparently the voice-over is really hit-or-miss and the later versions remove it plus change the ending to something more like what Scott wanted.

e: oh god what the ****

Last edited:

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
The Eagles of Death Metal are alive after the Paris incident from yesterday.

Isis tried to destroy The Metal, but they failed, as they were stricken down to the ground.

Rip the 100 + people and those still in danger.

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
So, red, blue and yellow getting 3DS ports. Just came here for a "in your face" to the users who constantly told me that would be "impossible". And with that, goodbye.

i dont think very many people actually thought it was impossible. i know i thought it would never happen bc i didnt think nintendo would put in the effort required to program trading/battling and theres no way theyd release those without it. clearly they analyzed the cost and benefits and decided theyd make a profit doing it and making it $10 instead of $4 like most other gb vc games.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, personally I thought it was impossible in the sense that they wouldn't bother (I mean let's be honest if you don't care about the nostalgia of these games you won't bother buying them anyway), and now that they've actually done it? Well that's cool sure, but I've never had any interest in Pokemon games on VC anyway so eh.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
i like having them on vc because it's less things i have to dig out to play. i mean sure playing on the original hardware is almost always going to be better because the game was designed with that hardware in mind, but it's a great thing to have for old games that might be difficult to track down.

now i hope we get gsc because all of mine died completely and i never replaced the batteries..

KillerDraco

Or here's hoping they could start putting rarer games that places charge ridiculous prices for. I mean, things like Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky would get eaten up since they enjoy such a good reputation but are so hard to come by for non-ridiculously-inflated prices.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
While many people hate gen 1, I actually love gen 1. I started watching and playing Pokemon back in 1998. I'm obviously happy as heck that Red, Blue and Yellow are coming to 3DS! I was also able to get my Mewtwo amiibo this week so I'm happy about that as well!

I'm so stoked about Cloud Strife being a new playable character for Smash Bros! Final Fantasy 7 is one of my favorite games of all time.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I'm just glad they didn't bother with remaking Gen 1 again, and straight up brought it to us on VC.

Zazie

So 1991
I'd much rather play the originals than the remakes. So I say it's generally good.

The remakes being out of date mechanics-wise, not allowing you to use stuff that wasn't the original 151, and changing stuff that needed to be changed makes them not all that worth revisiting compared to the originals.

Too bad it's on virtual console, which is an excellent good idea until you realize the games can only be played on your system. (not so much an issue with pokemon as it is for some of the multiplayer console titles)

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I had Mallomars for the first time today, tasted somewhat similar to smores.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Hey Arnold! will finally get the movie resolution? Oh goody! And yeah, I'd also like the Pataki family spin-off revived.

How are people working in retail feeling? Is Black Friday hell? Is the Christmas shopping season the worst effing thing ever?

Jb

Tsun in the streets

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I can't wait for Black Friday. I sorta made a list, I hope I get to cross things out of it.