• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I don't think Walmart has a Cute Female Corpses section though. Granted it's been a few years since I've been in one.

Abstinence Pistols

Yeah, but they banned most of the subs that had blatant racial slurs in their names, so it's all good, right?

Even when I first started posting on this forum it was active. I've known about Serebii for years, but I didn't start posting in the forum until 2012. I was actually here for one of the General Chat implosions....That was a crazy day....Reading the posts in that thread was cringe worthy. I think that was two years ago....

Ah, fond memories.....

More than anything I'm really glad that I found this site when I was thirteen so that all of the worst parts of my middle school social media presence are here and not on Facebook or somewhere my friends can find them.

Speaking of which - I turned eighteen today. What's the first thing I should do besides filing my taxes?

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
I wish Reddit barely worked and people could only go on it 10 minutes at a time.

r/The_Donald is a wonderful sociological curiosity, and the slapfights people are willing to get into will be interesting to see as they translate into people's use of their democratic capabilities

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
More than anything I'm really glad that I found this site when I was thirteen so that all of the worst parts of my middle school social media presence are here and not on Facebook or somewhere my friends can find them.

Speaking of which - I turned eighteen today. What's the first thing I should do besides filing my taxes?

Happy birthday! Ah, taxes are always fun....I don't remember doing anything memorable on my 18th birthday. For my 18th birthday I stayed at home and played video games.

Also, off topic. My Myspace account still exists. Wow.....The 8th grade nostalgia is real.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Misc and this thread has definitely been on life support for a while now. It's nice to see this place still kicking though. Honestly, I wish I had joined the forums way back in the day. I missed out on a lot....

Phoopes

There it is.
Yeah I decided to have a look at GCT for the first time in awhile just now and it definitely seems a lot less active than it was a few years ago. Good times tho

bobjr

Staff member
Dark Souls 3 is fun, and I wish it didn't come out at the worst time for school and work.

Abstinence Pistols

Last I remember I stopped playing around Blighttown. So I'm, what, two and a half games behind?

I just need to sit down and ****ing finish something before I pick up any new games, honestly. I went hunting for old games with a friend and ended up coming back with a Dreamcast, a PSP and a PS2 over the course of a month, and between those and still having to finish everything on the 3DS (and Gamecube my god) I probably have enough games for a few lifetimes.

bobjr

Staff member
Blighttown is an area that's awful your first time and then every time after it's not bad because you know what's there.

Then again I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne days before someone hit my brand new car for 6k worth of damage

Dark Souls 3 is fun, and I wish it didn't come out at the worst time for school and work.

I just recently got ESO as my first ever mmo. I like it a lot so far but it I'm painfully reminded that gamers can be a vicious lot. I've been cussed out like three different times for being a newb.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
I just recently got ESO as my first ever mmo. I like it a lot so far but it I'm painfully reminded that gamers can be a vicious lot. I've been cussed out like three different times for being a newb.

Games like that and MOBAs tend to have the worst players though. You can't get into them because everyone spends 8 hours a day getting good at them, and they're weirdly angry about it.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Speaking as someone who's played an unfortunate and, really, obnoxious amount of Dota, I'd be angry if I spent eight hours a day getting good at that piece of **** game.

At myself ofc.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member

^ This. I feel your pain. I feel like in every mmo game that I play I always run into douchers. I still have ESO, but I took a break from it.

These people that play all day in these mmo games need to learn that not everyone can play all day and get good.....

Uncharted 4 comes out next month and I couldn't be happier!

Last edited: