1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by Kreis, Mar 6, 2014.

1. intergalactic platypus

intergalactic platypus Only rescues maidens

Misc people, help me out! I have entirely too many clothes, as much as it pains me to say that, but they're generally all really good quality so I don't want to just throw them out. Is there any good way to sell them? I want to avoid cosingment if I can in favor of something with better payout.

2. Because "I totally could have fucked him but I got friendzoned" said no woman ever.

3. intergalactic platypus

I actually did recently have a thing for a guy who just wanted to be friends. You know what I did? Accepted it, decided to keep looking for someone whose actually interested instead of continuing to pursue a guy who isn't attracted to me, and the guy in question and I are still friends with no problems. So yes, we do get told that the people we're interested in may not be interested back, but in my experience, we generally get over it.

4. GhostAnime

GhostAnime Searching for her...

and the experiences of most men I've heard.

and the statistics I've researched myself.

I assure you that it was more than just incessant whining. it's actually a phenomenon far beyond my own scope.

5. Spock

Spock Live Long & Prosper

then get tinder

6. Right. You acknowledge he just wasn't into you, instead of evoking the "friendzone" this magical place where you can explain away your rejection as having nothing to do with your appearance, lifestyle, or personality - 99% of the reasons why someone could possibly not be interested in someone else. The friendzone implies none of these are factors at all, and that the rejector values the platonic friendship too much to jeapordize it by pursuing something romantic. It's the ultimate ego shield.

Donate your clothes to charity. :p

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  7. Akwakwak

Akwakwak I'm hungry

You can always throw a garage/yard sale and price your items accordingly to what you think is best.

8. Navin

Navin MALDREAD

Literally nobody I've met who has used that term thinks of "friendzone" that way. Heck, I bet most sensible people use it as a casual word to describe a situation, not as an "ego shield" to deflect why he/she got rejected.

9. GhostAnime

Ehh, still the same things happen. Hence why Tinder eventually installed the "like" limit because guys started playing the numbers by just liking everything.

10. Pesky Persian

Pesky Persian Caffeine Queen

I know someone who uses Poshmark to sell her old clothes but I've never used it so I can't comment on how well it does. But if you're wanting something more local, have you tried looking on facebook for local swap pages? As far as payout and such, it might depend on your area, but people sell clothes that way all the time.

As far as the men vs women in online dating discussion... I'd personally rather get fewer messages/dates than deal with people who made me feel very unsafe/uncomfortable and harassed me, got aggressive, etc... But that's just me.

11. GhostAnime

Of course. On the other side of things, with the influx of messages women get and usually being of horrible quality, the issues become more of a matter safety and comfortableness.

12. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

They invented a tinder for women where they have to approve a match first. It was on the daily show when Trevor Noah first started.

13. intergalactic platypus

The local Facebook groups is a good idea! I may just donate them too. I blame/credit Kochoupink (a former member here) for teaching me the basics of how to dress to actually look good years ago when I was aggressively unfashionable and sending me down the clothes horse path.

I actually haven't gotten creepy messages in a while. I got good at recognizing signs that a dude would be a d*ck, cause there's often some sort of tell. I don't use it really anymore anyway since meeting cute law student guy, so who knows.

14. I used to care about fashion when I was 17 and skinny and could willy nilly blow off the money I made from my part time job at Caribou Coffee. Now that I'm fat and live in an area where there's no one I really care that much about looking good for (Which should be myself, ugh) I'd rather spend my money on getting a new ceiling and fixing up my atrocious bathroom.

15. Akwakwak

Akwakwak I'm hungry

Caribou Coffee is underappreciated, it's much much better than Starbucks imo.

16. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

Oh dear goodness. I hopped on Black Ops 3 for the first time in months, and this kid is already calling me vulgar names. I felt like telling that little brat if he doesn't shut up I'm going to become his stepdad. Instead I just muted him.

I'm surprised that kids Dollar Store microphone didn't explode. He was screaming in that damn thing loud. Those microphones can only handle so much......

Thank goodness for muting. The last thing I want to hear is an annoying squeaker swearing at me. Nobody cares if you're better at the game than me. It's Call of Duty. My grandmother with very little video game knowledge could pick up the controller and figure out how to play. It doesn't take skill to play Call of Duty.

17. ellie

ellie Δ Staff Member Admin

ive heard lots of guys say they do that and i never understood why. isn't the point of tinder to filter out people you aren't interested in? if you were just gonna stay open to literally everyone of your preferred gender why not use any other dating site?

local groups are probably the best way to go because you will get cash and then be on your merry way. people who i know who tried to sell online said there's either too little of an audience and it takes forever to sell your stuff, or you sell on a place like ebay and deal with the massive headache of people trying to return stuff or scam you. i'd probably just post it up on a local group at a price you think is fair, slowly lower prices if it's not selling, then when you feel you've done the best you could with selling just donate it.

i should really do the same with some of my old stuff esp since now i wear scrubs that are provided by my job when im working so i dont have to pick my own clothes. but i'm so bad at getting rid of things

18. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

19. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  20. GhostAnime

it's to play the numbers. some guys don't get enough out of it just by liking who they authentically like. like, for me, it would take maybe 2 weeks to get somebody that wasn't a spambot. through those two weeks, I'm not actually talking to anyone. if i want to actually *speak* to at least ONE person? i'd have to play the numbers and spam it every 12 hours.

other dating sites suffer from the same 'play by the numbers' mindset men have but just more subtly.