• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The graphics in Uncharted 4 are freaking phenomenal! This game is damn good. I'm enjoying the storyline so far.

I love the Uncharted games. The only Uncharted game that I haven't played is Golden Abyss.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
So, what percentage of this is "straight men are really, really desperate"?

*shrugs* large enough for Tinder to do something about it.

of course I imagine somewhere close to half of us, maybe.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
well i think tinder mostly attracts 2 types of guys, from my experience of using it (which, granted, is limited to a pool of college-age dudes in a college town with not a ton going on outside of the typical college life party scene and such, so im not saying you/anyone here definitely falls into one of those). there's the outgoing dudes who use it to supplement their casual dating, and there's the dudes who heard of it as the land of milk and honey of hookups and then are surprised when they dont find anything. tinder is SUPER shallow by design so im not surprised a lot of guys have trouble finding girls to actually talk to on it.

i know pretty much everyone has a story of oh i know a couple who met on tinder and theyre engaged or w/e, but theres way more stories of disasters

Nothingjustgo.

well i think tinder mostly attracts 2 types of guys, from my experience of using it (which, granted, is limited to a pool of college-age dudes in a college town with not a ton going on outside of the typical college life party scene and such, so im not saying you/anyone here definitely falls into one of those). there's the outgoing dudes who use it to supplement their casual dating, and there's the dudes who heard of it as the land of milk and honey of hookups and then are surprised when they dont find anything.

I am a male who uses tinder and I can verify this statement.

Navin

MALDREAD
well i think tinder mostly attracts 2 types of guys, from my experience of using it (which, granted, is limited to a pool of college-age dudes in a college town with not a ton going on outside of the typical college life party scene and such, so im not saying you/anyone here definitely falls into one of those). there's the outgoing dudes who use it to supplement their casual dating, and there's the dudes who heard of it as the land of milk and honey of hookups and then are surprised when they dont find anything. tinder is SUPER shallow by design so im not surprised a lot of guys have trouble finding girls to actually talk to on it.

i know pretty much everyone has a story of oh i know a couple who met on tinder and theyre engaged or w/e, but theres way more stories of disasters

A couple of my buddies use it, and one told me he has it just to see how many chicks swipe interest for him. He's never actually bothered to meet any one of them (even the ones he likes).

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
oh yeah i forgot theres that category too. i know people of both genders who have done that. w/e man if that's how you have to get your ego boosts...

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
there's a few weirdo guys at my university who do that (who wouldn't look that way at a first glance), what they don't understand is that most of the girls they're trying to attract are well aware of these kinds of shenanigans if they've talked to them for more than five minutes and often do it in groups when hanging out with other friends and we all have a good laugh at how try-hardy they are for about ten minutes or so

one fellow in particular was in a couple of my classes. "Wildman" was his nickname. "nice" enough dude but absolutely no social boundaries, literally the type to boast about their mutual matches to people they hardly know

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I don't use dating sites in fear that no girls will give me a notice, verifying I truly am one ugly wizard.

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
You don't think ugly girls use social media? They find clever tricks to hide it. Ever heard of the Myspace angle? You can do that too my friend.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
USPS sucks. I'm pretty sure if a package says "fragile" that means you need to handle the package with care. Not beat the package with a baseball bat and then throw it into a mosh pit...

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I don't use dating sites in fear that no girls will give me a notice, verifying I truly am one ugly wizard.
how do you know you're ugly without trying?

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
What if you look ugly from every angle? xD

Fortunately for you as a male in our society, your physical worth is attributed mainly to your body and thus with a bit of elbow grease can be chiseled into irresistability. Women have it a lot harder since they're under a more critical lens. With that there's higher emphasis on both personality and worth - women generally want someone who isn't an asshole and who can provide for them to go with a good body. But! If you start working out you'll develop greater confidence, esteem, and self-respect - all highly desirable traits that will help make you better connections, get higher marks, and land more prestigious jobs. I mean, no one wants to hire a weirdo. Even if you are a weirdo, the smokescreen of a good body and excellent charisma will have them see that as more of an endearing quirk than anything.

Become hot.

Not really into chicks but nonetheless your thoughtful expose is appreciated, Cifala.

Working out isn't a bad suggestion, I just don't really feel like it when I already work 50 hours or so a week. I really miss Washington state for this reason, it was relatively easy to stay in shape because I was always going on hikes and camping trips and stuff. If I'm outside and about in nature I'm not typically paying attention to things like physical exhaustion, as opposed to weight lifting or running for example where the only thing I can think about is "Oh my God, this sucks so much why do people even do this." Working out for the sake of working out is the worst because it gets boring, repetitive, and solitary unless you have a partner. Doing something fun like hiking, rock climbing, canoeing, etc. that has the added bonus of exercise is the best route to go, in my opinion.

Last edited: