• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Is there some reason you can't lie about your age (if necessary)? That's what The Internet was founded on, after all, and they can't take that away -- it's in the Internet Constitution, iirc

There was no reason to lie about it, I just needed to figure out how to verify it to follow Corona's memes. Apparently downloading the app was all I needed to do.

It's all good now.

Zazie

So 1991
So the T. Rex could just lash it's tongue out at you, then eat you?

Scary.

Personally I am getting a little tired of memes. They are too mainstream now. It kind of ruins the point of having an in joke if everyone knows it. Though some memes are more creative and flexible than others. Like the brain spectrum one was pretty decent.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Honestly memes as a concept won't go away. I could insert the MGS2 speech about them here, but if you don't like them it's best to just develop a kind of apathy to them.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
So, imagine if we made that speech into a meme... (or is it one already, most Metal Gear things are almost memetic in their own right depending where you are)

See, I don't really have any opinions one way or another about memes in general. Just that some of them suck and are unfunny, like Nigel Thornberry/"SMASHING." something something here's a canned joke about hoping their teeth get smashed or something idk

I was going to post a meme in response to this, but then I realized that I don't know where one is supposed to find such a thing.

Hell. Hell is where I usually get mine.

So the T. Rex could just lash it's tongue out at you, then eat you?

Scary.

But also, awesome.

Zazie

So 1991
Honestly memes as a concept won't go away. I could insert the MGS2 speech about them here, but if you don't like them it's best to just develop a kind of apathy to them.

It's not the concept I have an issue with there are lots of memes out there that entertain me.

It's just some of the execution nowadays thats off. Lately it's been, here is the big mainstream meme of the month that will be all over facebook, and most of those memes aren't very good. At least in my view. They don't like make me angry or anythhing, but it does wear me out a bit if I get to overexposed to them.
---

Personally I kind of like Femme 4 Memes, Gaylor Moon and similar as memes go. Quite a few of them are too edgy or too saccharine, but when they post good stuff it's good. And you know sharing more of those will signal to other trans people and whatnot, which is an added benefit. (worth noting those memes aren't safe for work)

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Nothing will top the Crash Woah meme, as the Misc discord is like 20% that now.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Does anyone know if one uploads his profile picture on Facebook via the mbasic site [to avoid cropping], would the update still be featured regularly in the account's friends' feed? or maybe not?

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Solar eclipse? More like lame-ar eclipse. I guess I could have gotten some magic glasses and/or bothered to take a relatively short trip to actually be in the totality, but traffic is a bear, and not the good kind. It's just mildly darker here, 90% coverage or w/etf it's supposed to be is not that impressive.

2/10, would not sacrifice first-born during

I over did it at the gym and can barely get out of bed. On top of that, I have strep with high fever.

I couldn't see through my own tears to see the eclipse. I'd end my suffering right now but Elder scrolls 6 hasn't come out yet.

2/10, would not sacrifice first-born during

Lol.