• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Shouting at the Morning Sun

An Overwhelming Surplus of Diggity
is the republican party's symbol an elephant because they both make stupid noises?

please respond

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
As if either side is as holy as they make themselves sound. All that this is, is each side choosing to ignore their own faults, and to focus on the faults of the other side. I personally think both sides are at fault but whatever.

I find it kind of interesting though that almost all the mods posting right now seem to be on the same side though...

John Madden

resident policy guy
democrats are occasionally bad on a small handful of economic issues. clearly this means they have as many faults as the literal cartoon villains that seem to comprise the entire population of the House GOP

John Madden

resident policy guy
considering their favorite president ever said "government is the problem" in his inaugural address... you make the call

bear in mind that this president eventually wound up dramatically expanding the government over his 8 years in office, and i don't just mean public-sector job creation

BigLutz

Banned
I find it kind of interesting though that almost all the mods posting right now seem to be on the same side though...

Kind of gotta agree, I know the mods have a tough job to do, I mean I am surprised Moogles hasn't gone insane with all the work he has to do. But.. it is kind of disconcerting when you do not have a mod for a debate forum that represents the other side of the political spectrum, the charges of bias become far too easy to throw out when you have two mods cracking jokes like they were last night.

John Madden

resident policy guy
Kind of gotta agree, I know the mods have a tough job to do, I mean I am surprised Moogles hasn't gone insane with all the work he has to do. But.. it is kind of disconcerting when you do not have a mod for a debate forum that represents the other side of the political spectrum, the charges of bias become far too easy to throw out when you have two mods cracking jokes like they were last night.

about 90% of the posters in this thread are surprised you haven't gotten permabanned yet for reasons entirely unrelated to your choice of corporatist circlejerk, so that all evens out in the end

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
maybe it's because we mod smart people and smart people tend to share a lot of the same characteristics..... :rolleyes:

Peter Quill

star-lord

1) I wouldn't go insane over a debate forum online lol my priorities are a little better than that :p
2) Bias can't really be applied in this case - at least not because two people were tossing around jokes which weren't even in a debate. I could see someone crying bias if there was actual infractions or whatnot simply because they disagreed with your political views. That doesn't happen though, we only step into infractions when they are deserved. There's been some pretty religious and conservative mods as well, they just don't happen to frequent the debate forum.

John Madden

resident policy guy
maybe it's because we mod smart people and smart people tend to share a lot of the same characteristics..... :rolleyes:

do you mean to tell me there's a positive correlation between educational attainment and identification on the left side of the political spectrum??? odd

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
It's funny how everyone here is talking about politics......

I was reading an intense political debate on Facebook last night. The debate turned into a p*ssing match real quick. I received my entertainment for the night.

*Sits back in chair with popcorn in one hand.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
2) Bias can't really be applied in this case - at least not because two people were tossing around jokes which weren't even in a debate. I could see someone crying bias if there was actual infractions or whatnot simply because they disagreed with your political views.
True, but at least here, mods are considered to have power, so when people see a mod posting with one side, people who are on the fence may side with them. But then again, this is a pokemon forum, so it doesn't really matter.
do you mean to tell me there's a positive correlation between educational attainment and identification on the left side of the political spectrum??? odd
Why do we need to make fun of a certain political group? I'm sure if I started making jokes about Democrats people would get irritated, so can we just drop it? I'm asking politely here.

Peter Quill

star-lord
I've made my stance clear I'm not particularly fond of America period so I try not to delve into their politics too much. I mean I still engage in debate when it involves western civilization considering I live there but Republicans v. Democrats? No thanks. I'll laugh at jokes when I hear them but I'm not going to invest as much as time as the average American or whatever.

actually no on further reflection I guess it depends what the issue is. I'll use debate in American context (i.e American gun laws and how I think they're wack, the police brutality seen in the states, gay rights) but as far as pure democrat/republican regards of running the country you can count me out.

Last edited:

John Madden

resident policy guy
Why do we need to make fun of a certain political group? I'm sure if I started making jokes about Democrats people would get irritated, so can we just drop it? I'm asking politely here.

won't someone think of the poor republicans?

(because the actual republican party won't think about them except when they're trying to get away with raising taxes on them.)

all snark aside, i wonder how much you'd be handwringing if i was making fun of the Partij voor de Vrijheid

probably nowhere near as much in spite of the fact that their political positions are eerily similar to that of the GOP

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
*guess

yes so terrible laughing at the republican party makes you far more terrible than the things they have done
dang i didn't know that ALL republicans were terrible beings
dang girl smart!
about 90% of the posters in this thread are surprised you haven't gotten permabanned yet for reasons entirely unrelated to your choice of corporatist circlejerk, so that all evens out in the end
lol huckster im surprise you haven't been banned for any given amount of time because of your blatant personal strikes against anyone with a right view point

see there's arrogance and ignorance on BOTH sides of the political spectrum (beautifully displayed in the last page or so of this thread) so the lesson here would be not to focus on one bad apple of the group BUT nah

Last edited:

John Madden

resident policy guy
lol huckster im surprise you haven't been banned for any given amount of time because of your blatant personal strikes against anyone with a right view point

you're surprised i haven't gotten banned because my posts generally consist of more than personal attacks, unsourced speculation, and devil's advocate garbage? weird. i thought everyone got banned for that.

see there's arrogance and ignorance on BOTH sides of the political spectrum (beautifully displayed in the last page or so of this thread) so the lesson here would be not to focus on one bad apple of the group BUT nah

hrm yes, both sides are bad so therefore you can't ever talk about just the side that's the worst by far (and god help you if you don't make it clear that you're talking about elected officials, because otherwise you get posts reeking of NOT ALL MEN syndrome)

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
you're surprised i haven't gotten banned because my posts generally consist of more than personal attacks, unsourced speculation, and devil's advocate garbage? weird. i thought everyone got banned for that.
right, my past history of actually providing reliable sources and trying to get you to stop making circular arguments is completely glossed over in favor of the two or three times i've called you an obtuse moron who refuses to admit he's wrong and who always tries to go for the lowest-hanging fruit in every debate forum thread, because somehow you haven't gotten banned enough times for that to sink in
oopsie

hrm yes, both sides are bad so therefore you can't ever talk about just the side that's the worst by far
once again your bias comes in the clutch
ill state it again: both sides have their bad examples
(and god help you if you don't make it clear that you're talking about elected officials, because otherwise you get posts reeking of NOT ALL MEN syndrome)
clearly not talking about elected officials at all

Last edited:

John Madden

resident policy guy

excellent. one post with a personal attack out of god knows how many on that forum evidently means i am the attack dog of spp. you've outdone yourself again!

once again your bias comes in the clutch
ill state it again: both sides have their bad examples

here is a helpful link for u to read in the future

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_balance

now here is a spoilered line i'm typing ~*just for you*~

sure, both sides have bad examples. except in this situation, one side has 3,000 bad examples and the other has 50.

(and a lot of them for completely different reasons, like "state senator convicted of corruption" versus "actually submitted a real federal budget abolishing basically every social safety net program")

Last edited: