• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Canada

Banned
I think we need to add a second question mark to the thread title.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I'm not asking for anarchy, I'm asking that nobody trashes a fanbase unless it's a bad one like NAMBLA and that the moderators set a better example for their members. I am a peaceful pony.
Oh sweet irony
EDIT: Making it clear here that I am not attacking you for being a Brony, Gamer Fluttershy. I am merely pointing out a connection between what you stated and a prior discussion. I respect your interests.

Last edited:

Canada

Banned
Please everypony, to each their own. and YOU, MODERATORS, set a good example for your member's for f*ck's sake.

the pony slang is gonna get weird and annoying if you keep using it every five minutes. i don't think any bronies post in this thread anyway so you won't find anyone to share your culture with or whatever unless you post in a pony thread

also wtf the mods didn't even do anything wrong

Last edited:
This discussion has devolved into meaningless inflammatory remarks. Might I suggest a change of subject? Anything else might be a good place to start.

Actually, I'm devoid of any significant topic changers. All I can think about is Shovel Knight.

Gamer Fluttershy

This discussion has devolved into meaningless inflammatory remarks. Might I suggest a change of subject? Anything else might be a good place to start.

Actually, I'm devoid of any significant topic changers. All I can think about is Shovel Knight.

Yes please thank you. Different subject. What do you people think of The Colbert Show ending?

tl;dr Bronies need to keep it to themselves and other bronies. If there is a nonBrony out there that disagrees with this statement, feel free to correct me. But from both my opinion, and what Ive gotten from others, people dont like it when Bronies talk about there pony stuff when they dont GIVE A SHIT.

KillerDraco

It took me 24 years of life to finally watch My Neighbor Totoro for the first time.

I'm late to the party.

Peter Quill

star-lord
tl;dr Bronies need to keep it to themselves and other bronies. If there is a nonBrony out there that disagrees with this statement, feel free to correct me. But from both my opinion, and what Ive gotten from others, people dont like it when Bronies talk about there pony stuff when they dont GIVE A SHIT.

Personally I don't care if they bring some pony stuff into it as long as it isn't overly obnoxious (most of the time it is) but the problem that I have with the whole "brony" thing is that we're giving a bunch of men who like a show for little girls a special name and that seems very... stupid? Like you're not special for liking a little kids show. With the way "brony" culture sort of blew up it seems like it's a super cool club for guys to get into rather than a little kids show. Like I was at McDonalds the other day and I heard the name "Rainbow Dash" said by a little girl and I actually had to go through the mental process to remind myself that it is, in fact, a show meant for little kids.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen

I'm okay with Bronies being open about their Broniness because it gives me a heads-up on who to avoid.

I gave My Neighbor Totoro an honest watch. Didn't see what was so spectacular about it. There are other Studio Ghibli films I enjoyed more. To name a few, Porco Rosso, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away (That's a good one to be honest), Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky (bloody brilliant). Ponyo was the most recent one I watched.

Personally I don't care if they bring some pony stuff into it as long as it isn't overly obnoxious (most of the time it is) but the problem that I have with the whole "brony" thing is that we're giving a bunch of men who like a show for little girls a special name and that seems very... stupid? Like you're not special for liking a little kids show. With the way "brony" culture sort of blew up it seems like it's a super cool club for guys to get into rather than a little kids show. Like I was at McDonalds the other day and I heard the name "Rainbow Dash" said by a little girl and I actually had to go through the mental process to remind myself that it is, in fact, a show meant for little kids.
Thats my problem. Its a show meant for little girls, and when bronies think theyre cooler than everyone because they like this "awesome" show, it really gets on my nerves because it doesnt make them any cooler.

I'm okay with Bronies being open about their Broniness because it gives me a heads-up on who to avoid.

That is something I havent considered, but thanks for that.

KillerDraco

Western culture =/= all culture

Bless this post.

I gave My Neighbor Totoro an honest watch. Didn't see what was so spectacular about it. There are other Studio Ghibli films I enjoyed more. To name a few, Porco Rosso, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away (That's a good one to be honest), Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky (bloody brilliant). Ponyo was the most recent one I watched.

Might be its age. I dunno. Personally I'd rate it as my second least favorite Ghibli film that I've seen, with Whisper of the Heart being my least favorite (that's not to say these two are bad, but they're the ones I enjoyed the least). The Cat Returns, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away top my list.