• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

KillerDraco

I'm not sure if everyone is taking serious pills tonight, or if everyone is just collectively missing the obvious joke.

In any way, to put the Dick/Richard thing to rest...

And why should dick be censored?

Its a vulgar word

The reason why it's not censored, barring the fact that it rates very low on the vulgarity spectrum (compared to those that automatically get censored, for instance), is the fact that it is in fact a proper noun, a name. That's why, despite it's less than eloquent usage in today's society, it's not censored.

I take it no one here actually knows a person named Richard :/

Not unless you count death-crazed undead warlocks in webcomics.

KillerDraco

Haha a fellow fan of LFG

Indeed... although lately the quality seems to have gone down. Poor pacing, and there's not really any drive in the story. Just everybody sort of derping around. I feel like it hit a rut when

Aelloon died.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
the filter is pretty pointless anyway. you might get a minor infraction for evading it but we care a lot more about the context that the word(s) are used. if you say "**** i lost my game" that's a lot different than "**** you suck a dick go die in a fire" or something

also whining about negs is against the rules so dont do it again.

Gamer Fluttershy

the filter is pretty pointless anyway. you might get a minor infraction for evading it but we care a lot more about the context that the word(s) are used. if you say "**** i lost my game" that's a lot different than "**** you suck a dick go die in a fire" or something

also whining about negs is against the rules so dont do it again.

And let me guess talking about positive ISN'T against the rules? xP

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
generally people dont whine about positives so i dont really care i guess? if you're dumb enough to whine about getting a poz rep i will still treat it as complaining and probably infract you because i am sick of the dumb whining about reps.

KillerDraco

Complaining about a positive reputation comment? That's like getting angry about a compliment. Seems a bit... tsundere. And that's dangerous trope territory.

KillerDraco

And with that, we can move on to more important, relevant discussions...

...Like bacon. I will put bacon on almost any sandwich, mac n' cheese, chili, etc., because bacon makes everything better! ...Everything except arterial health.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
It would seem I have the tendenacy to be bad at choosing people to be nice to >_>

...Like bacon. I will put bacon on almost any sandwich, mac n' cheese, chili, etc., because bacon makes everything better! ...Everything except arterial health.

I can't have bacon...I suppose my arteries are thankful

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly

Today I had a turkey sandwich from Tim Horton's south bacon and it was delicious. To those of you living outside of the 15(?) states with no Tim Horton's, you have my deepest condolences

AwesomeGrovyle

Local Cryptid

I hate it how some people will say "Every piece of bacon you eat takes 7 minutes of your life away." or something like that. I'm pretty sure over half of America would be dead then because most of us eat a bunch of bacon...