• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

So to alleviate the boredom that i've been having over the last two weeks, i've decided to take up my fourth language. Been putting it off for a while now, but i'm ready to try and learn Japanese now that i have the free time.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The problem is people get too mad at video games and act like babies when video games are meant for fun and relaxation over all. When you're getting legit mad over a video game you need to seriously reevaluate your life.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Is it fine to eat expired food, or at least the day when it's the least best eaten at? I'm eating a crouton sandwich right now, it's 6/3, and the date on it is 6/3. I don't really mind getting a stomach virus as long the food still tastes great, which it difinitely still does.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
@Exciteable Boy - I don't know if the frame delay is what I'm describing or not, but that's a good educated guess. But whatever it was, frame delay or not, it's the reason I didn't buy Brawl because I couldn't stand the floatyness and half a second delay.

Is it fine to eat expired food, or at least the day when it's the least best eaten at? I'm eating a crouton sandwich right now, it's 6/3, and the date on it is 6/3. I don't really mind getting a stomach virus as long the food still tastes great, which it difinitely still does.

Dude I ate a protein bar yesterday that expired two years ago and I'm still kickin'. I wouldn't be concerned, especially because it's expired on the day you're eating it.

There are some foods that you should NEVER eat after they're expired though, such as canned foods, non-frozen meats, and non-frozen fish, because you don't want to get botulism or salmonella. But packaged dry foods last WAY longer than the expiration date. For example, you can eat cereals, pasta, croutons, dried grains, crackers, candy, and pretty much any dry good for months after it expires. It might go stale, but it won't kill you.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
The problem is people get too mad at video games and act like babies when video games are meant for fun and relaxation over all. When you're getting legit mad over a video game you need to seriously reevaluate your life.
The part after Joel let Ellie use the sniper... That made me legit angry on Survivor. I barely had any ammo left and no traps. I had to make every shot count, and if I miss a shot, then return to CHECKPOINT! Then I made it far enough where I reached a checkpoint. I died, and respawned in a place where I was instantly spotted. I was mad, and almost gave up on that section.

@Exciteable Boy - I don't know if the frame delay is what I'm describing or not, but that's a good educated guess. But whatever it was, frame delay or not, it's the reason I didn't buy Brawl because I couldn't stand the floatyness and half a second delay.

Dude I ate a protein bar yesterday that expired two years ago and I'm still kickin'. I wouldn't be concerned, especially because it's expired on the day you're eating it.

There are some foods that you should NEVER eat after they're expired though, such as canned foods, non-frozen meats, and non-frozen fish, because you don't want to get botulism or salmonella. But packaged dry foods last WAY longer than the expiration date. For example, you can eat cereals, pasta, croutons, dried grains, crackers, candy, and pretty much any dry good for months after it expires. It might go stale, but it won't kill you.

Ahh okay thanks! I guess I'll keep that expired lemon cake until Monday... Mmmmmm cake

SODA

Hunter Of Sparkles
Have the next two days off. Pretty excited about it.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
There are some foods that you should NEVER eat after they're expired though, such as canned foods, non-frozen meats, and non-frozen fish, because you don't want to get botulism or salmonella.

Some canned foods can be eaten about a year after they expire, like soups, which is why they're used in food storage (you heat it up on the stove, for heaven's sake, any germs that were in it will die at the right temperature). I ate chicken noodle that was said to have expired (about a year ago), and it tasted fine, and I didn't get sick from it. In all honesty, if it hasn't been exposed to the outside air at all since it was canned and it's past its expired date, it should still be fine.

After staying off-and-on with my grandparents for four years, I've learned to just ignore expiration dates if it says on the can they're a year-or-two past.

Ahh okay thanks! I guess I'll keep that expired lemon cake until Monday... Mmmmmm cake

You might as well just eat it now.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
yeah i tried to tell my boss that about expired food when some of ours expired (legally we cant sell it but employees can eat it) and he didnt listen to me. i'm a bio major youd think he'd trust my knowledge on health a bit more..

but yeah, i usually just google "how to tell if x food is expired" and use those tips to tell. plus even if it IS starting to go bad unless it's something really bad like salmonella or botulism usually the worst that will happen is a mild upset stomach. hell i accidentally drank some moldy juice once when i was super hungover and just needed liquids and it did absolutely nothing to me.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
If Rep system wasn't temp disabled, I would have given you all positive reps for the responses. I'll try to remember when it's back on.

You might as well just eat it now.
Look at the first comment on my sig. I'll torture myself if it doesn't show up for the 5th year in a row now. Nothing hurts more than waiting half a decade to play a game about a gryffon thing who'll most likely die by the credits.

Part of me goes "Oh yeah, that the guy that smacked his step sons mom is getting the crap beaten out of him. POETIC JUSTICE." and then in a split second I'm watching some other dude getting the crap beaten out of him when he's pretty much already down for the count and harmless, then I think to myself "Wow you're an awful person for watching this." It's awful and wonderful and I can't stop watching the carnage.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.

^ Reason why Sogeking is a good poster ^

Part of me goes "Oh yeah, that the guy that smacked his step sons mom is getting the crap beaten out of him. POETIC JUSTICE." and then in a split second I'm watching some other dude getting the crap beaten out of him when he's pretty much already down for the count and harmless, then I think to myself "Wow you're an awful person for watching this." It's awful and wonderful and I can't stop watching the carnage.

Carnage, so good. You should feel guilty about that, but then, I laugh when people cry for some reason.

I get a week off from work every month, and it's paid.
Lucky dog. I wish i had had that luxury while i was working.

In other news, Robert Pattinson is rumored to be the next Indiana Jones. If it's true, damn Disney to the deepest pit of hell. As if it wasn't bad enough for Spielberg and Lucas to put aliens and Shia Lebeouf in the last Indiana Jones, now Disney wants to put Mr. Sparkly Vampire into the franchise...Don't get me wrong, I liked him in Harry Potter and Water for Elephants but jeez..the bad movies and performances outweigh the good.

John Madden

resident policy guy

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/SH6vESz.jpg[/img139]

I havent been here in over a year
Welcome back. It's not like you've really missed anything. If anything the forum is still thriving, but we still have occasional bouts of crazyness.
Pretty much sums up me walking in on any part of the forum on any given day:
[IMG200]http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/fire_community.gif[/IMG200]

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Welcome back. It's not like you've really missed anything. If anything the forum is still thriving, but we still have occasional bouts of crazyness.
Pretty much sums up me walking in on any part of the forum on any given day:
[IMG200]http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/fire_community.gif[/IMG200]

I'm either really lucky to have not seen anything crazy happen (at least not in years), or I'm just that oblivious to everything that goes on here.