• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

I'm not a fan of washing dishes by hand, but depending on the dishes on my days to do them, I can get through them easily and I enjoy it a bit. I hate doing it the most any day we have hamburgers for dinner.

We actually had the money to buy a new dishwasher, but then our washing machine broke, and Mom didn't want to wash clothes by hand. So we're still saving up for a dishwasher, but knowing our luck, something else will break down by the time we have the money again. It's kinda funny, once the twins left for their missions, suddenly things were breaking around the house. (Though granted, it was the ten-year mark since we moved into this house.) The only thing my parents aren't willing to buy a new one of is a family laptop, since its absence at least has kept the squabbles down. Any withdrawals my brothers have had are pretty much gone at this point, it hardly comes up in passing.
I'm a little peculiar when it comes to washing my dishes. I like to wash them by hand then put them through the dishwasher. Can't stand not having them as spotless as possible before putting them in. I think i'm so weird about it is because i don't want any food particles somehow making it into the washer...

Spookz

Lumos
I guess I was ahead of most people with the moving out thing. I went to college out of state in a big city. My college "dorm" was an old apartment complex. I never lived in a true dorm. After my freshman year I got a studio off campus since the school only had enough housing for freshman and a handful of older students (mostly athletic students who did this, I think one dorm was actually set aside for them so they could stay over breaks). So I've been living in an apartment since I was 18. I only went home for Christmas and a short visit in the Summer, one year I didn't even go home for Christmas.

Anyway, I've noticed I was a better adjusted adult much sooner than my friends who stayed in state, close by, at more traditional schools. Sometimes I feel like I missed out on some of the college experience, but at the same time I'm glad I didn't have to graduate and worry about jobs and housing, etc all at once. I graduated and the only thing that changed for me was that I didn't go to school anymore.

I'm a little peculiar when it comes to washing my dishes. I like to wash them by hand then put them through the dishwasher. Can't stand not having them as spotless as possible before putting them in. I think i'm so weird about it is because i don't want any food particles somehow making it into the washer...
I thought everyone did this for a while. That's how my mom taught me to do it. Anyway, it's better on the machine because it's not working as hard to get caked on spaghetti sauce and crusty smoothie remains off of your dishes.

Last edited:

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz
I'm Dominican and Puerto Rican and I give zero shits what my parents would think. If they think I'm saying "**** you" to them should I move out, when obviously that's not the case, then that's their own delusions and problems. I've got my own, like how to pay for school and how to balance everything in life and med school aspirations.

*Shrug* I'm just pointing out that different cultures have different family structures and perspective. It's not uncommon here (in puerto rico) to joke about how americans kick their kids out of the house at 18. It's not necesarilly seen as bad, but it is definitely seen as odd.

"If you mix Taco Bell hot sauce into your ramen, it tastes exactly like poverty." Probably the best facebook post i've read all day..............god i'm bored.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I thought everyone did this for a while. That's how my mom taught me to do it. Anyway, it's better on the machine because it's not working as hard to get caked on spaghetti sauce and crusty smoothie remains off of your dishes.

Yeah, I wash the dishes before putting them in the waster. There are people who don't do that? Really?

"If you mix Taco Bell hot sauce into your ramen, it tastes exactly like poverty." Probably the best facebook post i've read all day..............god i'm bored.

The hell XD?

I'm sure it's just the Internet acting up (wireless sucks in my room), but I get a little finicky whenever I see my signature is not loading. I hate having to replace the banners, I figure Photobucket would keep it consistent instead of ImageShack.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!