• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Abstinence Pistols

Whenever I think of Chicago I very vividly remember the Death Grips concert where they didn't actually show up but instead just played music off of an iPhone through speakers and projected a suicide note onto the wall.

That's all I have to say about Chicago.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Hi everyone. I'm a tech dummy. How would you go about installing this mirc thing for a Windows 8.1 user? Does it cost money? Will it give me virus?

yea it is way easier to make friends on irc but i have made some via the forums as well

and spp-misc isnt suuuper active most of the time but if a lot of people are on at once it can be. it has the benefit of being able to talk faster, kick out creepy/annoying people easier, and you dont see what is said before you log in so it's nt like this thread where you have to read 20 pages of posts if you miss a day

Okay, I think I see why "bad topics" bother you so much. If I come on here and see more than 2 pages of posts, then I just skip ahead to the last 5-10 posts and pick up from there. This makes me wonder, as a side topic to the current discussion of online friends (edit: and I guess Chicago now?), do you guys make an effort to read every post on here?

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Whenever I think of Chicago I very vividly remember the Death Grips concert where they didn't actually show up but instead just played music off of an iPhone through speakers and projected a suicide note onto the wall.
(!!) I love that. That is amazing. I love Death Grips so much.

I suppose they got while they getting was good.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer

That's all I have to say about Chicago.
Wow, that sounds harsh.
Anytime I go on a vacation that sounds awesome something always screws up. For example, when I was on hiatus a week ago I went to Six Flags. It rained for two hours and I couldn't get any shelter.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
so i was at a night club, and went into the bathroom to change my shirt and someone came in and started talking to the restroom attendant, i was dying irl

"ERMAHGERD! You WORK in here? In the BATHROOM?"
"Yup. This is my office!"
"ERMAHGERD! Like, what do you DO? Don't you HATE IT?"
"I keep things clean, mostly."
"ERMAHGERD! Is that stuff, like, FREE?" (points to the tray of mints, hair ties, q-tips, etc.)
"Well, I buy all of it, and you basically pay what you want."
"Oh. So like, I'm just, like, gonna take a few of these. But I don't have any money or anything. But it's just mints, alright? Like, next time I come in I'll totally hook you up. You work hard."
"Thanks. I hope you die in a fire."

Zazie

So 1991
irc = the 'internet relay chat' protocol. there are hella clients using it

if you're on windows, install mirc
if you're not on windows, throw your computer out of a window

further instructions will follow either of these being done

I don't have windows so I guess I can't irc then. Or maybe I could run it through wine or a virtual box-thingy.

I don't see why someone would need to toss their computer out though, you can always just get windows and install it on the computer you have.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Hi everyone. I'm a tech dummy. How would you go about installing this mirc thing for a Windows 8.1 user? Does it cost money? Will it give me virus?

Okay, I think I see why "bad topics" bother you so much. If I come on here and see more than 2 pages of posts, then I just skip ahead to the last 5-10 posts and pick up from there. This makes me wonder, as a side topic to the current discussion of online friends (edit: and I guess Chicago now?), do you guys make an effort to read every post on here?

no it doesnt cost money or give you a virus and the instructions are pretty simple on the site

and yes i do pretty much read or skim all of them. when i dont bad things happen. see: last night when i skimmed at work and missed the entire beastiality/etc topic. this thread is not and was never meant to be a chatroom so tons of short, pointless messages like that do nothing but clog the thread. and if you want to chat with someone use their VMs, not this thread

John Madden

resident policy guy
I don't have windows so I guess I can't irc then. Or maybe I could run it through wine or a virtual box-thingy.

I don't see why someone would need to toss their computer out though, you can always just get windows and install it on the computer you have.

you can irc on several unix distros

it's just that i'm going to look at you condescendingly for no particular reason aside from OS elitism

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I've been in Minnesota for only a very brief time in my life. I mean, to be fair, I haven't been much of anywhere, so I guess there is that.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

IRC, like most useful things we still use, pretty much originated on Unix.

you can irc on several unix distros

it's just that i'm going to look at you condescendingly for no particular reason aside from OS elitism

Windows is a pretty terrible OS though.

IRC, like most useful things we still use, pretty much originated on Unix.

Windows is a pretty terrible OS though.
Windows 8 yes. XP was legendary, and Windows 7 is probably the closest thing to XP's successor. Windows 8 is craptacular. In other news, i beat Shovel Knight. Great challenging game. Reminds me of Mega Man and Super Mario World meshed into one. Great boss fights and level design. I recommend it to all.

Mister_SGG

I have a touchscreen laptop with Windows 8 and I really really love it. The touchscreen makes all those nifty Windows 8 features actually useful

I take it Windows Vista is too horrible to even get a passing glance. I'm honestly wondering which is worse: Windows Vista or Windows 8.

Definitely Vista. Slow, buggy, ugly, awful. At least in my experience.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I'm with King Infernape. I use Windows 7 and I will not be upgrading until Windows drops the "app-friendly" Windows 8 look and goes back to a normal OS. My boyfriend has Windows 8.1 and I can't even figure out how to shut down his computer, and I've been using Windows for 20 years. It's ridiculous. If Windows 9 looks like Windows 8, I will be switching to Linux.

kochoupink

butts lol
I think Chicago is pretty. I like the species of decay.

Zazie

So 1991
I take it Windows Vista is too horrible to even get a passing glance. I'm honestly wondering which is worse: Windows Vista or Windows 8.

I am no expert but probably Vista, the older versions are supposedly more virus prone.

I won't comment on windows quality since I am not an OS expert nor do I even know how to use it properly.

I mostly use Linux because it's free and Unix based, so I can do my server side scripting on something similar to a lot of servers.* The only thing I wish it could do is run stuff like Photoshop since that stuff is also important.

*Though to be fair WIndows has it's own special server side stuff that is only for it.