• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Hitler had like 100 assassination attempts on him, I guarantee half of those were from time travelers. Hitler was just good at not getting assassinated and nothing else.

21st Century+ assassins with MGS4 Octocamo camouflage and a whole bunch of deadly toxins and poisons in the palms of their hands, and they couldn't even kill Hitler? SMH

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
why didn't they just go after him after he got rejected from the Vienna Academy of Fine Arts or whatever

Hitler had like 100 assassination attempts on him, I guarantee half of those were from time travelers. Hitler was just good at not getting assassinated and nothing else.
Did nazi that coming.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
can we not start another dumb pun thread

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
There was a dumb pun thread??!! Is it still active, or has it been archived?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
no people were doing puns earlier in this thread and i would rather not start it again

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
do schools even still use chalk boards? i seen one today, i though everyone was using whiteboard(dry erase) or smart boards

i think i've seen maybe a room with a chalkboard where i'm currently enrolled and there were still a few at my community college.

however, i kind of live in the middle of nowhere

GhostlyMaiden

Old User: OtakuGamer
There was a dumb pun thread??!! Is it still active, or has it been archived?

That would be an awesome thread! I wonder if there was ever one in the first place?

do schools even still use chalk boards? i seen one today, i though everyone was using whiteboard(dry erase) or smart boards

My school uses smar tboards. Each student is also given a laptop. Considering my age, I never grew up around a chalkboard, just a whiteboard and smart board.

Canada

Banned
That would be an awesome thread! I wonder if there was ever one in the first place?

Well there's one for pokemon related puns in the games subforum, though I don't like it that much. I don't think another pun thread would make sense since it's not very interesting content. You can just make puns with friends in VMs.

Last edited:

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Well there's one for pokemon related puns in the games subforum, though I don't like it that much. I don't think another pun thread would make sense since it's not very interesting content. You can just make puns with friends in VMs.
Basically it's just a bunch of Wynaut puns with a few others inbetween.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
There's still chalkboards in my school. I think they're all black. We also have white boards and those really large projections. I don't see what would make a blackboard "outdated".

KillerDraco

There's still chalkboards in my school. I think they're all black. We also have white boards and those really large projections. I don't see what would make a blackboard "outdated".

It's not so much outdated, but rather, things like whiteboards and even smartboards are cleaner (given they don't have the extraneous chalk dust), and they don't make the horrifying, ear-splitting sounds that make you wanna rip your ears off.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Chalkboards are almost certainly outdated. Whiteboards remove the dust clouds, noise, and chalky fingers, as well as reduce cost by needing marker replacements less often that chalk needs replacement from being worn down/breaking. Smartboards go a step further and remove the replacement problem entirely, and doubles as a projector, but costs a lot more.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Leave it to Rutgers to be cheap :/

treespyro

Vintage much?
It's not so much outdated, but rather, things like whiteboards and even smartboards are cleaner (given they don't have the extraneous chalk dust), and they don't make the horrifying, ear-splitting sounds that make you wanna rip your ears off.

That was the best thing ever about chalkboards. That and licking the chalk.

VS

they/she
The school I went to last year had no chalkboards, but whiteboards and some computer thing.
I'm not sure about the school I'm probably going to this year.