• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Well then, I have no idea who Robin Williams is. Even heard of it on the radio this morning
It wasn't meant as a joke. I actually thought they meant Robbie Williams. But concidering how upset everyone are, I'll be quiet about it.

Nah, no harm no foul. It's just that everyone's still grieving and still can't grasp that one of their childhood idols is gone from this world. So it's best to say your condolences for now.

Anyone going to watch his movies? I have only seen a few movies of his, and I have both Netflix and Hulu, so I need recommendations. Popeye and Hook are on top of the list though!

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Well then, I have no idea who Robin Williams is. Even heard of it on the radio this morning
It wasn't meant as a joke. I actually thought they meant Robbie Williams. But concidering how upset everyone are, I'll be quiet about it.

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw VS's user title last night, and I honestly didn't give a ****. But then I found out the sad truth, and I still can't believe it. (don't feel bad though 'cause for one I didn't really know exactly who Michael Jackson was until everyone was sad about his death so.... despite being Robin Williams's fan, I know what you mean :) )

It could've been literally any other celeb and I wouldn't have cared at all. But him... he was special. A bit of my childhood died with him.

Hell, I actually teared up this morning while re-watching the stand-up scene from the Dead Poets's society. I never thought it was possible to feel like this for the death of someone you never knew in person.

Nah, no harm no foul. It's just that everyone's still grieving and still can't grasp that one of their childhood idols is gone from this world. So it's best to say your condolences for now.

Anyone going to watch his movies? I have only seen a few movies of his, and I have both Netflix and Hulu, so I need recommendations. Popeye and Hook are on top of the list though!

Defenetely. As soon as I get a new computer (now I'm gonna speed up the process of aquiring one) I'm marathoning all of them. And I bet there's gonna be a load of specials and re-airings of 'em on tv these days anyway.

Geekachu

This is really the most poignant thing we can take from this. Depression is the cancer of the soul. It's pertinent to note how Williams could make everyone but himself happy.

Usually it's an empty statement when people say 'they used to be a big part of my childhood' after a celebrity's passing, but Robin kinda was for me. He always seemed like one of those infallible icons - a constant - who had always existed before I was born and who would continue to exist after my lifetime. I guess he will figuratively, but for now I'm still in disbelief. RIP.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I traded in GTAV. Glitched around 60% into the game, game wouldn't let me play as Michael, and couldn't advance the story. The mini-games were effing terribad. I'll still get the PS4 version though.

PS
If you have a PS4, go download P.T.
It might look like a horrible anime 2D side scroller with Scott Pilgrim look, but it's really a Silent Hill game.

Last edited:
I don't know if I'll get the Witcher 3. I didn't think the Witcher 2 was really all that fantastic, it was just good enough to keep me playing until the end. Though, maybe it'll be worth playing if they're going the whole open world route. Hopefully they'll give Geralt hair styles that don't suck.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I don't know if I'll get the Witcher 3. I didn't think the Witcher 2 was really all that fantastic, it was just good enough to keep me playing until the end. Though, maybe it'll be worth playing if they're going the whole open world route. Hopefully they'll give Geralt hair styles that don't suck.

I got Witcher 2 for $5 during one of the Xbox Live Gold sales several months ago, and it was... Okay. I stopped in a town where there were 3-4 people about to be executed. I did something, screen turned all red, and I just quit. Haven't gone back to it since. That was probably a good 3-4 hours in.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I got Witcher 2 for $5 during one of the Xbox Live Gold sales several months ago, and it was... Okay. I stopped in a town where there were 3-4 people about to be executed. I did something, screen turned all red, and I just quit. Haven't gone back to it since. That was probably a good 3-4 hours in.

Have you looked into that problem? It may be a glitch with the game or your 360. But 3-4 hours in? That's very quick for the game to red screen like that.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Have you looked into that problem? It may be a glitch with the game or your 360. But 3-4 hours in? That's very quick for the game to red screen like that.

Nah, it was the game. I think I drank something or activated a feature. Didn't matter though, as the intro bored the heck out of me. I was ultra hyped too, as I've heard praises for the game, and downloaded it as soon as I heard it was up for $5. Might go back to it someday, but I've personally got no hype for The Witcher III at the time being, no matter how awesome it looks.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
Nah, it was the game. I think I drank something or activated a feature. Didn't matter though, as the intro bored the heck out of me. I was ultra hyped too, as I've heard praises for the game, and downloaded it as soon as I heard it was up for $5. Might go back to it someday, but I've personally got no hype for The Witcher III at the time being, no matter how awesome it looks.

Oh I get it. Probably the former. So how boring was it on a scale of 1-10? I see.

I'm watching non-pokemon anime for the first time.
It's weird.

You haven't done this sooner?
Because it's actually good? (This coming from someone who still watches that show.)

All anime is weird

Mister_SGG, giving out words of wisdom since 2011 people!

Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I'm watching non-pokemon anime for the first time.
It's weird.
Go watch Queen's Blade. Hehehehehe

Please don't. Especially not near your friends or family

Oh I get it. Probably the former. So how boring was it on a scale of 1-10? I see.
Ehh... 4/10 for the time I played. I was still way in the beginning though, so I don't know if the gameplay would have been more awesome or stayed relatively the same after leveling up and gaining more and more powerful skills and spells.