• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
Cosplaying is for nerds. Nerd.

Let's face it. If the people here took the time to find this website, find the forums, read enough of the forums that it makes them want to join, and then proceed to join, all for the sake of one video game, then we might as well all be nerds. Although the term "nerd" has been kind of blurred these days.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Nope. The mods get their own special ones depending on their ranks as mods (I think?)

Normal users get new ones whenever they reach a certain post count (I think?)

Yeah. The normal members get new ones for breaking a certain post limit (e.g I got a new one for doing over 1050 posts)

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
Actually I just found a definition for "nerd" on UrbanDictionary, and whoever wrote it must have nerded out. :p

A person who gains pleasure from amassing large quantities of knowledge about subjects often too detailed or complicated for most other people to be bothered with. Often mistaken for Geeks, who aspire to become nerds, yet lack the intelligence, and end up giving nerds a bad name due to their poor social skills. Non-nerds are often scared of nerds, due to their detailed knowledge, and therefore seemingly high levels of intelligence - and subsequently denegrate them as much as possible as often as possible. Nerds exist covertly within the fabric of society, often choosing to 'nerd it up' in private or in the company of fellow nerds. It is for this reason they are feared the most - unlike geeks, who are easily identified, nerds can only be found out when casual conversation reaches a subject that they like nerding.

Make of this what you will.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
So I am moving and my last day here is October 3rd. My husband asked me to clear out the space under the spare bed so we could dismantle it to move it to the house. Instead I sat around doing nothing as usual and when he came home from work and asked if I did anything, I told him I ate the pizza we had so now we have less food to move.

I also told him I moved myself from one room to the other but apparently that doesn't count.

I am the best wife...

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
So I am moving and my last day here is October 3rd. My husband asked me to clear out the space under the spare bed so we could dismantle it to move it to the house. Instead I sat around doing nothing as usual and when he came home from work and asked if I did anything, I told him I ate the pizza we had so now we have less food to move.

I also told him I moved myself from one room to the other but apparently that doesn't count.

I am the best wife...

Wait what!?!! You're leaving Q_Q

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
No one here is any percent nerd, of course. How silly of me. :/

OMG that's a thing?!?!? I need Zelda Monopoly right now! I'm curious as to what the properties are actually.

Zelda Monopoly sounds FANTASTIC.

On a related note, have you played/seen Hyrule Warriors yet?

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
I have seen HW, yes. It comes out on Friday so it's not long to wait. But this discussion would be better suited to the Hyrule Warriors thread.

Could say the same about Zelda Monopoly! ;D

... Eh. XD Oh well. Nah I've been playing it so far; AMAZING. I think you'll really love it.

What's everyone up to, in other news?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I am also 100% not a nerd.

Now does anyone want to play this thing I just got? http://i.imgur.com/0sL1Hrm.jpg

I am the product of two nerds, and yet you're nerdier than my parents and I. Or at least me, anyway, my parents are still big nerds, but jealousy intensifies. (But wait, aren't you a computer geek? Guess that doesn't really count towards nerd points... maybe.)

In the meantime, I think one of my brothers is a bigger nerd than me because he owns an actual sword that is Ichigo's bankai, like it is life-size. And yes, he is a Bleach fan. Of course, even if he were to cosplay as Ichigo, I don't think he'd be allowed to take in a real sword.

MaddieShinx

Pokémon Breeder
I was sorta raised into nerdy-ness. Before and slightly after I was born, my parents were playing Red and Blue. Then, they got Yellow as a transfer game and I sorta just took it over. I played Yellow until my baby sister dropped it into a cup of Coke. Then I got Crystal because I was in love with the design of the cartridge. When we moved out of that apartment and into a house, I gave Crystal to my best friend there so he'd remember me. (never saw him again, this was 10 years ago) Then I just sorta....grew up with Pokemon. Now I'm 16 and still playing Y, my sister plays X, she has SoulSilver, and I have White 2. I doubt I'll ever stop~

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Cool, where did you get it from?

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd. I am also slightly a nerd. SLIGHTLY ok

GameStop.

I am the product of two nerds, and yet you're nerdier than my parents and I. Or at least me, anyway, my parents are still big nerds, but jealousy intensifies. (But wait, aren't you a computer geek? Guess that doesn't really count towards nerd points... maybe.)

In the meantime, I think one of my brothers is a bigger nerd than me because he owns an actual sword that is Ichigo's bankai, like it is life-size. And yes, he is a Bleach fan. Of course, even if he were to cosplay as Ichigo, I don't think he'd be allowed to take in a real sword.

That's not an actual sword, though. As an owner of an actual actual sword, if he was to try using it it would most assuredly break.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
That's not an actual sword, though. As an owner of an actual actual sword, if he was to try using it it would most assuredly break.

So what defines the authenticity of a sword, then? Isn't it in the quality of the metal used to make the blade, its mass, its sharpness, what exactly?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So what defines the authenticity of a sword, then? Isn't it in the quality of the metal used to make the blade, its mass, its sharpness, what exactly?

The type of metal and the construction of the sword itself. Real swords are made out of carbon steel and are 'full-tang' that is, it is one solid piece of metal, and the handle is simply added around the bottom part. Decorative swords are usually stainless steel (which is not very sharp and is not very strong at lengths over something like 12 inches) and half-tang, the blade is welded to a very thin piece of metal inside of the handle, swing the sword too hard or hitting something will usually cause that weld to break and you blade could just go flying somewhere.

There are some good examples you can look up online.