• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Rush is just a wannabe copy of Triumph anyway.

Or is it the other way around?

I have no idea where I am going with this joke, but Triumph, for when one Canadian power trio isn't enough

Triumph came later.

Not by a lot or anything, they formed a year after Rush's first album came out. But hey, it's still amusing.

Closer to the Heart was named the official (I use official very loosely) 70s Rock Anthem of Canada.

They have better songs than that, but oh well.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I agree, but I'm okay with Closer to the Heart.

Yeah. Most of their songs (especially from that era) that are better are lesser-known. (A lot of that, though, is due to radio formats, though, and that a lot of those songs just wouldn't fit in too well.)

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Speaking of Canada, it's Snow's 45th birthday today (or sometime this week IDK). He's the dude famous for making that one gibbering song and "lick boom boom". The Jim Carrey parody of it was brilliant.

It's Halloween tomorrow. Anyone have any ghost stories? No sleep paralysis stories since they're not real.

Vernikova

Champion
I remember being temporarily paralyzed while I was in bed before. I was trying to move my body, but I couldn't do it no matter what I did. It was some of the scariest couple of seconds in my life.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
^ lol

It's Halloween tomorrow. Anyone have any ghost stories? No sleep paralysis stories since they're not real.

I have a friend who gets sleep paralysis often to the point he's used to it. No hallucinations though (yet). Sleep paralysis is one of the few things I don't ever want to experience, even though supposedly everyone experiences it once in their lifetime.

Ghost stories... well, you asked for it, so I guess this could count.

A couple of years ago, back when I was at my grandparents, I got my braces off, and I was given a bag of sweets and a balloon (because balloons are awesome). I left the balloon around near the door and bed when I got home, and it was there on the ceiling until some time after dinner. I was on my computer doing whatever it was I was doing when I saw movement in the reflection. I looked to see the balloon was floating around, which I figured was from the helium wearing off (or escaping, whatever). But then it floated my way (the desk's right across from the door against the wall), and no matter how many times I put it back near my bed, furthest from the desk, it would come right back. I suppose the static was attracting it, but I decided to carry it around the house for a bit, which was rather nostalgic for my grandparents and I since I used to carry them around all the time as a kid. When I returned to my room, I left it near the door, and it stayed there the rest of the night, though I did move it near my desk before I went to bed.

This was around the time where I still left my door open at night, and my grandparents would be up for another thirty minutes to an hour after I would go to bed (depending on what my class schedule was for the term). Some nights I would sleep fine however I fell asleep, so I was content sleeping on my right side even though the door was open. I had my eyes closed for about a few minutes at most, when I just opened them for no apparent reason. For that one second, I saw a little girl at the side of my bed facing my direction suddenly turn and bolt out of the room, like she was startled.

According to my mom and grandmother (and yes, we are a religious family, so I guess there's slight bias here), they have this belief the house is built on some kind of roadway where the spirits travel to-and-fro often. Mom and sometimes Grandma have always told me stories of seeing glimpses of shadows over the years in the house, even those of pets, and Mom's room in particular was where my grandparents sleep now, with her bed near where the piano sits. Most of what Mom has seen or experienced was around there, and Grandma's computer room is directly across where she works on genealogy. Their room is just down the hall from the back room where I slept, have to pass the few feet consisting of the hall closet and the bathroom. I've always liked the idea of seeing spirits, so that moment wasn't a scary moment whatsoever, though it's always left me a little confused, albeit intrigued.

So yeah. Happy Halloween. *wiggles fingers*

Rezzo

Occasionally
I remember being temporarily paralyzed while I was in bed before. I was trying to move my body, but I couldn't do it no matter what I did. It was some of the scariest couple of seconds in my life.

Sleep paralysis. Try having that along with hallucinations. Terrifying stuff

Apparently I scared the **** out of my flatmate screaming while going through an episode once, so at least that made it funny the next day

Zephraxe

What exactly is "sleep paralysis"?

If I'm not mistaken, it is basically when you wake up from sleep, but your body is literally paralyzed. I think the most common cause is from narcolepsy, which is where you fall asleep randomly (or sometimes there is a certain trigger, like scents or emotions). Narcolepsy will sometimes cause you to wake up in the middle of the night, paralyzed. In some cases, you will have hallucinations of hags or other strange apparitions.

Canada

Banned
I've had it as well. The scare wasn't that bad for me since it only lasted a few seconds but yeah it still freaked me out a bit.

Also can someone please tell me who started the constant usage of LMGTFY in this thread so I can insult them? Thanks. :]

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
^ lol

I have a friend who gets sleep paralysis often to the point he's used to it. No hallucinations though (yet). Sleep paralysis is one of the few things I don't ever want to experience, even though supposedly everyone experiences it once in their lifetime.

Ghost stories... well, you asked for it, so I guess this could count.

A couple of years ago, back when I was at my grandparents, I got my braces off, and I was given a bag of sweets and a balloon (because balloons are awesome). I left the balloon around near the door and bed when I got home, and it was there on the ceiling until some time after dinner. I was on my computer doing whatever it was I was doing when I saw movement in the reflection. I looked to see the balloon was floating around, which I figured was from the helium wearing off (or escaping, whatever). But then it floated my way (the desk's right across from the door against the wall), and no matter how many times I put it back near my bed, furthest from the desk, it would come right back. I suppose the static was attracting it, but I decided to carry it around the house for a bit, which was rather nostalgic for my grandparents and I since I used to carry them around all the time as a kid. When I returned to my room, I left it near the door, and it stayed there the rest of the night, though I did move it near my desk before I went to bed.

This was around the time where I still left my door open at night, and my grandparents would be up for another thirty minutes to an hour after I would go to bed (depending on what my class schedule was for the term). Some nights I would sleep fine however I fell asleep, so I was content sleeping on my right side even though the door was open. I had my eyes closed for about a few minutes at most, when I just opened them for no apparent reason. For that one second, I saw a little girl at the side of my bed facing my direction suddenly turn and bolt out of the room, like she was startled.

According to my mom and grandmother (and yes, we are a religious family, so I guess there's slight bias here), they have this belief the house is built on some kind of roadway where the spirits travel to-and-fro often. Mom and sometimes Grandma have always told me stories of seeing glimpses of shadows over the years in the house, even those of pets, and Mom's room in particular was where my grandparents sleep now, with her bed near where the piano sits. Most of what Mom has seen or experienced was around there, and Grandma's computer room is directly across where she works on genealogy. Their room is just down the hall from the back room where I slept, have to pass the few feet consisting of the hall closet and the bathroom. I've always liked the idea of seeing spirits, so that moment wasn't a scary moment whatsoever, though it's always left me a little confused, albeit intrigued.

So yeah. Happy Halloween. *wiggles fingers*
Thanks for sharing this story. Always cool to hear about portals connecting the world of the living and the world of the dead. Really hard to grasp the idea, but hey, that's what makes the mysterious unknown so fascinating.

Wikipedia isn't reliable.
Anyone can still edit, but they still have to share citations. If you don't trust an entry, then how about looking up the references all the way at the bottom? It will lead to more reading, but that will make you more knowledgeable. Wikipedia isn't as bad as some people might lead you to think.