• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen

"If these LGBTs ( not all, but the zealots) continue voting democratic and the Democrats keep letting illegal radical islamists into this country these American business owners are going to be the least of their worries.

Don't "these" LGBT's understand that trying to force their lifestyle down the throats of the other 97% of American citizens is offensive and it pisses us off.

Just live your lives and we will live ours. You would probably not meet nearly as much resistance and the ensuing resentment that comes with the obvious forceful "in your face & oh, yes you will or else" attitudes."

The comments section is gold.
Yeah, we should stop worrying about people discriminating against us because all those radical Islamist extremists are shooting up our schools! Oh wait... those are white dudes. Well, I mean, they're gunning down unarmed American citizens in the streets! Wait, that's not it either...

Sometimes I pop into this thread after weeks of being away and just say, "Hahaha nah..."

That's about the same thing I thought when I saw your comments in the Marv--wait, I can do so much better with that quote.

Why don't you just dismiss me as a "boring white guy"? It would horribly insult me if you lumped me in with the Avengers, one of whom also spends part of his time being green.

Oh, poor downtrodden conservative you.

Where was anything about being downtrodden in that quote?

But on the flip side, do people regularly post in this section to ridicule people on the political left like they very clearly do about the political right? Because otherwise, I know exactly where you got that idea.

Yeah, we should stop worrying about people discriminating against us because all those radical Islamist extremists are shooting up our schools! Oh wait... those are white dudes. Well, I mean, they're gunning down unarmed American citizens in the streets! Wait, that's not it either...

Wait, what? Is this more of your "the shootings of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown are so obviously racist murders that I don't even need to go debate any of the points," type of stuff? Because there's a DOJ report out about Brown that makes your comment look awfully ridiculous. (EDIT: and a Wikipedia article on Martin that does the same.)

But on the general topic of the comments section, I do wonder why people who are generally on the political left are significantly more likely to accuse those on the right of "Islamaphobia" and only rarely note that most Muslims in America disapprove of homosexuality, not to mention that it is Islamic countries that are still executing gays.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
Well I mean you'd think after the dozenth black male is killed unfairly people would start to think there's a trend, but that requires logical thinking and pattern recognition.

Are we indulging in the conspiracy theory that the DOJ under Eric Holder was paid off so as to find that Darren Wilson's actions were justifiable as self-defense?

bobjr

Staff member
I was talking about the dozens of other similar incidents, multiple with video proof, but yeah only keep bringing up that one.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Every time TFP responds to my post, I feel like I'm getting a sociopolitical lecture from my Tea Partier father.

I think BJ kind of already covered the topic of racism. If you think the deaths of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown are the only ones to be discussed, you are very much mistaken. I don't know your ethnicity, but judging by your comments, you probably are a "boring white guy." (Although, P.S. wanting more diversity in the media is not a bad thing fyi.)

Re: Islamaphobia- It always strikes me as odd when Christians pull the "You think we're bad, you should see what the other major Abrahamic religion does! Hyuck!" I don't have to agree with their practices to disagree with the vilification of them. (Not to mention there's an element of racism there considering so many white Americans want to label people Muslim by how they look without knowing anything about their religious/spiritual convictions.) Furthermore, you don't think Christians kill LGBT folks here on home turf? Because I think all of the LGBT youth who have been beaten, murdered, and driven to suicide would beg to differ. The attacks might be more subtle but the outcome is the same so if y'all pots could stop calling the kettles black, that'd be great. (Can we also talk about how all Abrahamic religions share a root and have so much similar religious dogma that it's kind of weirdly laughable the so many Christians like to vilify Muslims?)

LDSman

Well I got my Greninja preorder in. Number 6 in line and they had 10 slips.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Every time TFP responds to my post, I feel like I'm getting a sociopolitical lecture from my Tea Partier father.

I think BJ kind of already covered the topic of racism. If you think the deaths of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown are the only ones to be discussed, you are very much mistaken. I don't know your ethnicity, but judging by your comments, you probably are a "boring white guy." (Although, P.S. wanting more diversity in the media is not a bad thing fyi.)

Re: Islamaphobia- It always strikes me as odd when Christians pull the "You think we're bad, you should see what the other major Abrahamic religion does! Hyuck!" I don't have to agree with their practices to disagree with the vilification of them. (Not to mention there's an element of racism there considering so many white Americans want to label people Muslim by how they look without knowing anything about their religious/spiritual convictions.) Furthermore, you don't think Christians kill LGBT folks here on home turf? Because I think all of the LGBT youth who have been beaten, murdered, and driven to suicide would beg to differ. The attacks might be more subtle but the outcome is the same so if y'all pots could stop calling the kettles black, that'd be great. (Can we also talk about how all Abrahamic religions share a root and have so much similar religious dogma that it's kind of weirdly laughable the so many Christians like to vilify Muslims?)

I missed you.

Zazie

So 1991

Right on the mark there infinity percent.

Plus I think it's important to differentiate between religions as an institution and people who are members of a certain religion.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
If by thank he means hate then sure