• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I can't really think of a Final Fantasy game that didn't have good music, honestly. Don't get me wrong, some are obviously better than others, but I've never had one where I think to myself "Ugh, this soundtrack sucks" or anything.

Incidentally, despite a slew of bad games, Sonic games usually have pretty good music regardless as well. '06 may have sucked but its music was pretty solid.

And then Sonic Boom happened...

But that said, there are plenty of awful, awful games out there which have great soundtracks for some reason. Mega Man Battle Network 4 is a good example -- a buggy, shittily-written, horribly janky mockery of the original games, yet the soundtrack was still on par with the others. I guess SOME things need a selling point.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
And then Sonic Boom happened...

But that said, there are plenty of awful, awful games out there which have great soundtracks for some reason. Mega Man Battle Network 4 is a good example -- a buggy, shittily-written, horribly janky mockery of the original games, yet the soundtrack was still on par with the others. I guess SOME things need a selling point.

As far as I've heard, Sonic Boom has no selling points.

Speaking of Sonic, I've been considering getting into the series. Any suggestions on where I should start?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Speaking of Sonic, I've been considering getting into the series. Any suggestions on where I should start?

Sonic Boom.

Abandon Sonic and find a different series. Getting into Sonic will lead you down a path of despair and woe in which there is no light. Only darkness. Turn back.

Recon

You wonder if it has aged well, but then responds negatively when someone suggests that a remake that will make it up to current standards will fix it... Looks like your question wasn't even needed to be asked at all. And awesome that you're from the future, able to confirm the remake plays exactly like the original. How's life in the future, a future where you're still playing TWEWY just waiting for that mythical TWEWY 2? Lol

DqUQYcn.jpg

Dont. I mean, the classics were good but there hasn't been a good sonic console game in over 14 years. Colors was okay but that's it

I thought Generations was decent except for the final boss battle.

The Admiral

It has only one selling point, and that is that you can torture people with it. If you're the sort of person who will buy a game on that basis, though...

Play the Genesis trio, then Sonic CD, then give up because everything else is only good in fits and starts (hell, some of Sonic 3/& Knuckles is garbage, too).

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Just avoid

Unleashed
Chronicles
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) or Sonic 06
Shadow the Hedehog
Secret Rings
Black Night
Sonic Boom (on the Wii U)
And to a lesser extent Heroes

And you should find some fun in the series.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Skip Generations too because it's boost to win feature sucks and the game pretty much penalizled you not going as fast as you can

and because it's one big nostalgia circlejerk

tho the music is ****ing awesome

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
No jokes can fly over my head. My reflexes are too fast.

Nomura didn't even direct TWEWY, so I had no idea what you were trying to do there other than if a Nomura directed TWEWY remake were to happen, you'd do the opposite of what you're doing with FFVIIR, and praise it like it's the best gaming announcement ever. Oh wait, the joke went over my head again! Oh lol you and your witty comebacks.

Recon

No jokes can fly over my head. My reflexes are too fast.

Nomura didn't even direct TWEWY, so I had no idea what you were trying to do there other than if a Nomura directed TWEWY remake were to happen, you'd do the opposite of what you're doing with FFVIIR, and praise it like it's the best gaming announcement ever. Oh wait, the joke went over my head again! Oh lol you and your witty comebacks.

Glad you can admit it. Let's move on shall we?

Just avoid

Unleashed
Chronicles
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) or Sonic 06
Shadow the Hedehog
Secret Rings
Black Night
Sonic Boom (on the Wii U)
And to a lesser extent Heroes

And you should find some fun in the series.

Agreed for the most part. Unleashed was okay at best I think. It was the first game where you actually went at a supahsanic speed, though I will agree the other half of the game could have been done without.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Skip Generations too because it's boost to win feature sucks and the game pretty much penalizled you not going as fast as you can

and because it's one big nostalgia circlejerk

tho the music is ****ing awesome
Isn't that the point of Sonic Generations?

Glad you can admit it. Let's move on shall we?
You're welcome. And yes, because TWEWY 2 is gonna me mobile only.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Hi. Sonic Boom here. Name is hilarious in hindsight.

Get Sonic Mega Collection if you can, get Sonic CD Taxman Edition, get Sonic Generations don't listen to JB, and get the three Advance games, the two Rushes, Sonic Adventure DX, and get Sonic Colors. Decent to great quality all around.

The Admiral