• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

pretty much. if individuals want to basically hang a giant sign that says I AM A RACIST outside their door fine, but the government should not be doing that.

reminds me of at my college when the guys who lived in the agriculture house had a racist/homophobic sign, noose, and confederate flag, and people got mad that they were made to take it down. sorry but when you get subsidized housing on university property and are a division of the university staff you have more restrictions on you.
Agree with the first statement. If its for personal use i don't have a problem with the flag and i don't have a problem with public display of it either. It'll definitely be interesting to see where things go in terms of how the courts legislate the flag's usage in the future, especially after the recent Supreme Court decision (although the license plates are technically a product of the state and not a personal one.) As for the state's it should be discretionary in my opinion as to whether they allow the flag to fly on government buildings. As long as the United States flag is the highest.

Remember people still aren't convinced the Civil War wasn't about slavery at all, and call it the War of Northern Aggression.
Very true. Either way, my State lost. Good thing too. The Civil War was a mistake to begin with. The practice of slavery was abhorrent and Jefferson Davis, if his time as President of the Confederacy was an indicating factor, would have been a terrible leader had the South won. Aside from that, i'm also considering the crippling economic consequences of succession. For the best that the South lost. Eh, thems the breaks, lucky none of my ancestors fought in the War themselves.
I agree with this pretty much. When you privately have the flag hanging around your house, you can think whatever about it. If you have it where many people see it, then it shouldn't be there.

Being in Texas and all, I know a bit of its history. The city of Houston is named after Sam Houston, the hero of Texas Independence from Mexico, and President of the state. After the state was annexed, Houston was a high ranking official (Senator and Governor). After the talk about succession came about, Houston refused to recognize it, and he was ousted for that.

Smart guy, great individual. Superior facial hair.

Weeaboo Name

Forum Refugee
Should ban country music before you ban flags, for more offensive.

Also in recent news, Tasmania appoints "crystal healer" to be in charge of national health services. What could go wrong?

"Hey doc, what should I do about this aggressive breast cancer?"

"Oh don't worry, we're going to nip that right in the butt with a magic pebble."

Also in recent news, Tasmania appoints "crystal healer" to be in charge of national health services. What could go wrong?

"Oh don't worry, we're going to nip that right in the butt with a magic pebble."

Those Tasmanians sure are silly little devils. Ugh. Poor Looney Toons humor. Slowly dying inside.
P.S. Chris Christie will announce his candidacy for President on June 30. And here i thought Bobby Jindal running was comical.

Last edited:

Mister_SGG

As a crystal healer that takes his work very seriously, I'm very much offended.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It's looking like the confederate flag is being removed pretty much everywhere (except inside your own household of course).

Not sure why they're going this route, getting rid of a flag doesn't really do much.

Bill Cosby has to be happy with all the Confederate Flag news going on. It's a nice diversion away from his alleged illicit pudding pop rape spree. Zip zop zoobity bop.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I mean sure the flag is offensive to many people and all, but removing any game from the AppStore that has it in their game? Like really?..
This whole thing's gotten out of hand.

I mean sure the flag is offensive to many people and all, but removing any game from the AppStore that has it in their game? Like really?..
This whole thing's gotten out of hand.
Welcome to the politically correct world.

junkieloser

legalize self abuse.
you guys realize that any outlet, whether it's a branch of the government or a company removing a game from an appstore, that is putting efforts in relation to the confederate flag is going to be large enough to focus on more than one task at hand. and that putting work towards removing the flag is not significantly going to slow progress in any other goal, right?

no? you just want to complain and feel self righteous outrage on the internet?

alright then.

junkieloser

legalize self abuse.
Without being able to read the full article for context I can't really be passing any judgements.

a quick google shows the general consensus is that the article was never written and was just photoshopped to help feed fire to hatred towards kotaku

you guys realize that any outlet, whether it's a branch of the government or a company removing a game from an appstore, that is putting efforts in relation to the confederate flag is going to be large enough to focus on more than one task at hand. and that putting work towards removing the flag is not significantly going to slow progress in any other goal, right?

no? you just want to complain and feel self righteous outrage on the internet?

alright then.

I don't know how to respond. Mainly because i'm still trying to decipher the broken English in the first few sentences. Also, don't see how Reloaded is "self-righteous" for that comment, or anyone else for that matter.

junkieloser

legalize self abuse.
you will see that i did not point at any names specifically so i wasn't saying that part about reloaded

"hurrr why aren't we fighting duh terrorists stupid pc people" is dumb because it implies that taking the flag down is taking up valuable resources from, you know, a large and varied group of sources. or that if we weren't taking the flag down we'd suddenly be hyper intent on the "more important" things. come on now.

Well, so far you're certainly living up to the first part of your name. You sound like you're crazed kiddo. I'll leave you to your hysteria.

junkieloser

legalize self abuse.
actually the second part of my username is the only true part now. i haven't been a junkie for close to a year. but thanks hon.