• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Navin

MALDREAD
I almost dropped a whole stack of dinner plates at work tonight. Man that would have sucked.

Clean ones or ones with food on them?

On a vaguely similar note, I binge watched for about half-hour restaurant fights on YT. Diners seem to bring out the brawling urge among people.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Clean ones or ones with food on them?

On a vaguely similar note, I binge watched for about half-hour restaurant fights on YT. Diners seem to bring out the brawling urge among people.

They were clean. I've been working at a busy/popular Diner for the last two years. I work a lot and I log in pretty good hours so I'm happy with my checks. The restaurant life is quite the experience. Doing multiple jobs in a busy restaurant setting can get quite hectic. I also work with my fair share of lazy people....Lazy people are at most jobs though. Unfortunately.

Navin

MALDREAD
They were clean. I've been working at a busy/popular Diner for the last two years. I work a lot and I log in pretty good hours so I'm happy with my checks. The restaurant life is quite the experience. Doing multiple jobs in a busy restaurant setting can get quite hectic. I also work with my fair share of lazy people....Lazy people are at most jobs though. Unfortunately.

If I stop by, can you give me a discount? :p

*IZ*

Ehhh. Things probably should get shaken up once in a while.
I understand what you're saying, but this place feels a bit empty. The "clan" section (now it's changed to guild) only has like 3 clans. There are only like 4 art shops. Even the Misc section seems to be deserted.

Not saying this place has gone bad; just saying it's going to take a while to get used to these forums being less active than I'm used to.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
I understand what you're saying, but this place feels a bit empty. The "clan" section (now it's changed to guild) only has like 3 clans. There are only like 4 art shops. Even the Misc section seems to be deserted.

Not saying this place has gone bad; just saying it's going to take a while to get used to these forums being less active than I'm used to.

The PAD is still carrying on.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
If I stop by, can you give me a discount? :p

I think I could actually put you on my tab. :p I don't think it's restricted to just family. Sometimes family would come in and I would cover their meal by putting them on my tab.

Tonight was busy as heck. High School football was going on.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
In my short time I've been here, the busiest I've seen the forums was during XY pre-release. And even then, other than that, everything else was relatively empty.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Gen 6 was a massive disappointment. I'm sure it turned a lot of people off. That combined with effective modding here pretty much killed off the trolls that made all the threads and such here. Misc was actually the 3rd more active section along with PAD and GPD but even GPD is kinda dead. It use to never never have less than 3 pages of active threads.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Gen 6 was a massive disappointment. I'm sure it turned a lot of people off. That combined with effective modding here pretty much killed off the trolls that made all the threads and such here. Misc was actually the 3rd more active section along with PAD and GPD but even GPD is kinda dead. It use to never never have less than 3 pages of active threads.

Everything was fine until oras came out and destroyed the metagame. comp died and only wifi players were left and even theyre still inactive

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The forums tend to be empty in between main games, but once a game gets announced, things get really busy and everyone starts posting a mile a minute. Sometimes after I refresh I see an entire page's worth of new responses. So once Z is announced things should pick up significantly.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't think whether Gen 6 has been successful or not has much to do with it, both XY and ORAS have been pretty popular with the general fanbase just as Pokemon always has been.

I've said it before but I mean there's a ton of social media outlets around that people use these days so forums kinda "compete" with that. Forums are old-school in a way and people are more impatient so they don't want to wait more than a minute for anything (citing people joining IRC channels to say "hi" and leave like 20 seconds later if nobody immediately responds). I can't see a lot of forums being as active as they were 4 or 5 years ago but yeah some of that emptiness here can be attributed to the fact that there's no main series game to talk about. I mean let's be honest, a lot of users pretty much only appear during main series hype periods and disappear when there's no new game to talk about. Add to that the fact that remakes generally have less to talk about (especially when most things are announced before the game is even released) and the 10+ months without any game announcement and yeah things are going to be quieter.

Zazie

So 1991
I don't think whether Gen 6 has been successful or not has much to do with it, both XY and ORAS have been pretty popular with the general fanbase just as Pokemon always has been.

I've said it before but I mean there's a ton of social media outlets around that people use these days so forums kinda "compete" with that. Forums are old-school in a way and people are more impatient so they don't want to wait more than a minute for anything (citing people joining IRC channels to say "hi" and leave like 20 seconds later if nobody immediately responds). I can't see a lot of forums being as active as they were 4 or 5 years ago but yeah some of that emptiness here can be attributed to the fact that there's no main series game to talk about.

This. I know lots of people in real life who use serebii, none of them use the forums.

A lot of this kind of discussion now happens in other places. Reddit isn't so different from a forum, but I am really sick of people trying to treat facebook like one. And most other social media outlets aren't the same either. (though I do have a friend who is real active on some of the meme/ net subculture parts of facebook and it is kind of insteresting. though I am talking about really weird trippy stuff, not nerd /4chan style stuff)

That combined with effective modding here pretty much killed off the trolls that made all the threads and such here.

This isn't entirely inaccurate either. Not so much with literal trolls (though some of them where really entertaining and not all that harmful), but with the community around misc. in general. (I understand a ton of people who weren't trolls got banned for alts for some reason, and a lot of others just left)

You'd have a bunch of people posting on a pokemon forums who acted like they where too cool for pokemon. I am sure a lot of the serious pokemon fans who post here would scoff at the idea now, but it made the forums more interesting. Just because it's a pokemon forum doesn't mean people want to talk about pokemon 24/7. You cycle through all the obvious pokemon topics pretty quick, leaving there not much to talk about on a regular basis. Off topic discussion keeps people around longer. Provided it is decent off topic discussion that involves interaction and not "what's your favorite X threads or the like."

Not blaming the mods or the mod policies here mind you, just providing somewhat of an explanation. (I am sure the mods get tired of pokemon discussion too) I actually know of other forums around this scale that aren't so dead, even with stricter moderation, because they have a stronger community.

I do miss the whole trend of bragging about how cool you are in general chat though.

*I think this applies to stuff like other anime and other video game sections as well really.

Last edited:

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I do miss the whole trend of bragging about how cool you are in general chat though.

Brah, fam, bruv, chav plz brah I've made 56k since July but it ain't about the maney honestly fam. I hqve it all and yet I feel this huge void inside me, I'm missing something on my insides. Wut good is this harem of qt3.14's if I feel sad what good is all this yung money cash money if I aint got no one to spend it on but mahself? I ponder on this thang all nigt every night. Brah I tellz ya It ain't ezy bein a Playboy, philanthropic, playboy, bilionaire playboy.

Zazie

So 1991
Brah, fam, bruv, chav plz brah I've made 56k since July but it ain't about the maney honestly fam. I hqve it all and yet I feel this huge void inside me, I'm missing something on my insides. Wut good is this harem of qt3.14's if I feel sad what good is all this yung money cash money if I aint got no one to spend it on but mahself? I ponder on this thang all nigt every night. Brah I tellz ya It ain't ezy bein a Playboy, philanthropic, playboy, bilionaire playboy.

It was more like saying how you like to get drunk and/or high or aren't a social outcast.