• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Zazie

So 1991
Last I remember I stopped playing around Blighttown. So I'm, what, two and a half games behind?

I just need to sit down and ****ing finish something before I pick up any new games, honestly. I went hunting for old games with a friend and ended up coming back with a Dreamcast, a PSP and a PS2 over the course of a month, and between those and still having to finish everything on the 3DS (and Gamecube my god) I probably have enough games for a few lifetimes.

I have 40 something games for PS2 alone, most of which are unfinished. This isn't taking into account all the other games I have unfinished.

Honestly I don't care if I finish game or not, just if I have played enough of them to feel I got my money's worth. And there is a bit of a pattern too, with JRPGs I generally find that don't get around to playing much of them, and I have tons. Platformers on the other hand I play them a lot and generally tend to play them at or near completion.

So in general I am fine with buying loads more platformers or othther quick pick up and play games, or anything really different from what I already have. When it comes to JRPGs or other long involved games, I have to be more picky. But it's not like I have much money for games right now anyway.

ChloboShoka

Writer
I've got loads of games, but only completed a handful of them. Sometimes if I get stuck I just stop playing for a while and then coome back to it later.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
^ Long time no see!

I just want to point out that last Sunday it was snowing here, and yesterday I spent my Sunday in 70 degree weather. Ah, good ole Michigan weather. It's supposed to stay consistently warm now, but who knows.

Chris

Old Coot
Oh hey, I remember you from quite a while back. You seemed like a capable mod.

Will you help design a Sonic fan character for me?
Why would I do that...?

You're Edward Elric, right? ..I think?
Yep. And Grumpy Old Man. And...well, I think I had a few other aliases, didn't I?

Remember when the site barely even worked and you could only go on it 10 minutes at a time?
Remember when it the whole site and forums were hacked?

Rezzo

Occasionally
Games like that and MOBAs tend to have the worst players though. You can't get into them because everyone spends 8 hours a day getting good at them, and they're weirdly angry about it.

In the higher skill pools of these games, the players start to become more tolerable, interestingly.

Speaking as someone who's played an unfortunate and, really, obnoxious amount of Dota, I'd be angry if I spent eight hours a day getting good at that piece of **** game.

At myself ofc.

I currently live with a few Dota players, they take the game way too seriously and get pretty angry with each other while playing. Heck, I played a few games this weekend with one of them and they flamed the team chat the majority of the time. A good quote I was once told is that Facebook brings out the bad side of people. Though, these days I find that seeing somebody go through a MOBA game brings out that, along with an ugly side

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
^ Long time no see!

I just want to point out that last Sunday it was snowing here, and yesterday I spent my Sunday in 70 degree weather. Ah, good ole Michigan weather. It's supposed to stay consistently warm now, but who knows.

Midwest weather is always weird. It's gotten up into the 80s here in IL. And my AC is currently on the fritz. RIP me.

In the higher skill pools of these games, the players start to become more tolerable, interestingly.

As someone who has fairly actively played MMOs for over sixteen years, I think a lot of it also depends on which game you're playing and what groups you hang around in-game. Some games just have terrible communities (though I've never played ESO so I can't speak from experience on that) and certain groups (like PVPers and hardcore raiders) are notorious for having bad attitudes toward new players.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Wow, all these old Misc. people coming back. Weird.

Sometimes, anyway.

I currently live with a few Dota players, they take the game way too seriously and get pretty angry with each other while playing. Heck, I played a few games this weekend with one of them and they flamed the team chat the majority of the time. A good quote I was once told is that Facebook brings out the bad side of people. Though, these days I find that seeing somebody go through a MOBA game brings out that, along with an ugly side

It helps if you play with just people you know. I've played a few games where we gathered as a party of five beforehand and they were pretty fun and I really only got upset when one of the characters' abilities weren't working right for me. (in case anyone else here is super nerdy about this ****, it was Earth Spirit and he wasn't hitting his rocks)

But yeah I have encountered some REALLY ugly **** from people. LOTS of racist and homophobic type of abuse.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Midwest weather is always weird. It's gotten up into the 80s here in IL. And my AC is currently on the fritz. RIP me.

It cooled down to 60 degrees over here, but I won't complain lol. I'm just glad the snow is gone. I dread winter. Icy roads suck, and stupid drivers are a nuisance. Unfortunately, there's stupid drivers all over the world, though.

So Mother 3 turned 10 today. A virtual console release would be nice.....

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Why would I do that...?
I was joking with that comment; since, you didn't care for modern Sonic games.

Unless I'm oblivious to calling your bluff...

In all seriousness though, I did miss you as a cantankerous character. :) p)

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
All of you complaining about weather have no right. In New England today, it's 37 and rainy. I have a date tonight so I have to put on a dress and makeup p, and I will freeze. Seriously considering the cat lady life.

Last edited:

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
All of you complaining about weather have no right. In New England today, it's 37 and rainy. I have a date tonight so I have to put on a dress and makeup p, and I will freeze. Seriously considering the cat lady life.

ouch. I'm in NY, and just got hit by rain last night. I like listening to it before falling asleep or getting up, but I slept through it...

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I actually love rain when I sleep. I have a white noise app on my phone that I use for that sometimes.

yeah, it's so peaceful. I would do the white noise app, but I like the rain as an occasional treat.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Last night it was storming outside. I went out on my deck and watched the storm after work. I like watching storms.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Last night it was storming outside. I went out on my deck and watched the storm after work. I like watching storms.

I don't get storms nearly enough. I don't have a deck either, so I have to watch from my room...

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I don't get storms nearly enough. I don't have a deck either, so I have to watch from my room...

We just started getting them again since Spring is here. When I lived over by Lake Michigan I used to watch storms on the beach. Seeing a storm over the lake is a beautiful sight.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I couldn't care about weather when I had to give a presentation to several PH.D candidates and department heads for a final. Luckily there was puppy therapy after so I got to meet some new fuzzy friends.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I couldn't care about weather when I had to give a presentation to several PH.D candidates and department heads for a final. Luckily there was puppy therapy after so I got to meet some new fuzzy friends.
What is this for exactly?

I have to complete a paper for Evolutionary Genetics, and I'm worked on my Masters.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
It was for a Human Factors class for my Neurology program, and it was about making first generation college students more successful.