• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
I happen to share my birthday with at least two major people in the black separatist movement.

Malcom X and Yuri Kochiyama share May 19th with me. The latter was an Asian American woman who sympathized with the movement. I'm not going to go into the politically loaded topic, but I thought it was an interesting coincidence.

I also share the same birthday as Andre the Giant. Interesting enough, the Final Fight character influenced by him, Hugo, has that same birthday.

Your birthday was the 19th? Mine was the 20th. Happy late birthday, dude.

I can proudly say, I ignored the advice of this thread, and sort of asked out "may have pooped on the toilet seat from work"

No response yet (maybe messenger issues), but I can safely say they are way cool and at least like talking to me.

Everyone has awkward/embarrassing moments. They might turn out to be a really cool person that something weird happened to. Good luck with everything.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I happen to share my birthday with at least two major people in the black separatist movement.

Malcom X and Yuri Kochiyama share May 19th with me. The latter was an Asian American woman who sympathized with the movement. I'm not going to go into the politically loaded topic, but I thought it was an interesting coincidence.

I also share the same birthday as Andre the Giant. Interesting enough, the Final Fight character influenced by him, Hugo, has that same birthday.

I share a birthday with Beyonce, and a couple other people, most of whom I don't know much about.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I share a birthday with Tom Brady. Maybe I'll get a deflated football for my birthday this year :)

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Your birthday was the 19th? Mine was the 20th. Happy late birthday, dude.
Happy late birthday, dudette.

I share a birthday with Beyonce, and a couple other people, most of whom I don't know much about.
Funny you reply with me with noting Beyonce. I think people have became paranoid about Beyonce ever since the Super Bowl halftime.

I wish I could be a manchild sometimes. 2 jobs and full time school suck all the fun out of most of my week.

Here here. I was like that when I finished undergrads going for my masters and it sucks. Full time student, 18 hours a semester, summers, volunteering in research, 2 jobs at the mall, substituting... it takes alot out of people. Never had the time for games or rest. And then when I finished, I got dumped off like I was nothing. Now I'm unemployed, carless, in debt and looking for work, waiting to go back to school this fall for a new career. Didn't like what I got myself into. Apparently I'm still trying to find myself just like how it was for my after high school 10 years ago when i kept worrying about what i want to go do with my life. I don't think its a good idea or impression to leave on kids in life, but to keep it simple and flexible and keep pushing to have goals and achievements in life.

I missed 5 years of gaming and a generation of it and it sucks. 5 installments of pokemon from black and white to the latest. and i fell into a severe depression at the time like the sonic games where it all became redundant and i got tired and fed up and drowned myself in obscure indie music that eventually became popular and well commercialized. Now I have a bunch of vinyl records I want to get rid of for games because of it.

All the time could have gotten me a 3DS, Wii U and a PS4 and played some good games like Pokemon, fire emblem and Ace attorney. Its hard to believe 7 yeras flew by me like a blink of an eye. It was only yesterday I was looking on wikipedia on shaman king that it didnt end, only to wake up today looking that Takei actually finally finished the series after many years. Hell, I put off naruto for 7 years, only to find out it finished 2 years ago and kept up with one piece only and then eventually into other series and all that other open minded stuff out there. Turns out I was very narrow minded over the years instead of creative and flexible like i used to be.

My game collection will soon get me No more heroes 2, Nights, viewtiful joe, killer is dead, ghost trick, time hollow, 999 and all those other good games I missed out on during my days in academia drowning myself in books. And here I thought I wanted to make a game and anime and manga like i did back in the day. job security and keeping it simple is basically where its at. then i can spend all my time playing games like i used to when i get things going again.

Of course who I work with doesn't matter; I'm not going back next year. Education has a lot of good sides, but I don't think I'm tough enough for it long term. There's A LOT of interpersonal conflict in schools, and you have to be really good at powering through it and standing your ground. It's for "strong personalities," which they don't warn you about in college. I'm switching to IT, where you don't have to interact as much with other people.

I hear you. I haven't been a student in 4 years and worked mostly as stock at the mall, tutor and substitute and not being able to pick up work for a while or get a masters. I enjoyed education for aw while, but ended up decided for a career change. I liked getting along with the kids but had trouble after a while when politics got around and was basically eventually let go because of Facebook and all that garbage, so I got rid of it and got rid of bad positions I defended during undergrads I picked up around a bunch of stupid liberal hipsters at the time who all ironically moved on and went with the system. Living like that was a complete silly lie. I wanted to live as a hermit away from society with no debts and all that. High school never mentioned this. Stupid teachers...

I'm basically now back this fall for nursing and going for my masters and Doctor of Nursing practice after. Better job security, pay, flexibility and all that. I've worked 18 hour semesters and did research, so this should be nothing for me. I like immersing myself in literature and working hard.

It's far better than physical therapy from what i was told. I remember back when it was in demand and then it tanked and the jobs got bad and so did the pay. I'm super glad I didn't go in that direction when I finished and contemplated my career a bit more. Holding back helps sometimes apparently.

And to think life would end after college in academia. It still begins apparently.

Also, might want to do research on IT. It's a bit more hard labor compared to what I thought it was and you still deal with people sometimes. But it depends the kind of places you work in. You're honestly better off in math before going for that. It's more natural and all more in demand and flexible compared to IT. I would just get certified in IT and get a Ph.D in math. But that's just me. I was going for a Ph.D in Math and Psychology, but that would take years of my life away and didn't like the job prospects after. All because I wanted to be a know it all genius. When i started hanging with Ph.Ds and looking at job security, it scared me into going into nursing. I was going to go for MD school, but 7 years of schooling for 80 hour work weeks with low pay and bad income the rest of your life for student loans was not something I wanted to get myself into.

You should look into medical coding and nursing informatics, maybe even data management. I hear those are pretty good. A masters in IT would help. I hear most schools don't have many pre requisites or GRE. Maybe even online classes.

Last edited:

Darato

(o,..,o)
Asked on Reddit, why people who believe the Earth is flat, think the governments need to hide it. Here's what I was told

This was answered on an earlier thread. I'll copy paste my answer:
First off, its not the government thats faking it. Its the TPTB who are covering up the fact that the earth is flat.
Why?
Because once FE is proven to the masses, everything will change. Its going to be HUGE...on the level of extraterrestrials landing on earth.
The FE will point towards a Creator and will raise a big question mark over everything we think we know about the world around us.
I expect the following to take place:
NASA will be shut down.
Scientists will lose all credibility and respect
ball earth "science" will be junked
Scientists will be interrogated on failing to discover the flat earth
the religious right will revert to the flat earth theology of their ancestors. they'll go "AHA, our books said earth was flat all along"
the religious right will demand power. What happens next is anyones gusse

Last edited:
I have a date I'm really excited about today but I'm nervous because my social life has been non-existent since I came back home - I don't think my social skills are really up to snuff. I can be pretty charming under the right circumstances but without stimulation I deteriorate into a stuttering, fumbling mess.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
just know that no matter how well you do, it could still be terrible

The date was a surprising success. What was supposed to be just coffee turned into a walk to the lake, the playground, and dinner with drinks. Apparently I made a good enough impression that he wants to hang out again first thing tomorrow. Stiiiiiiill got it, heh. ;D Thankyou for the warm words though guys.

Last edited:

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
rub some of that mac daddy on me

Rezzo

Occasionally
Dating is pretty fun if you do it with the right person

I've only done it with the right person(s) a handful of times though. The rest were with my moderately crazy ex who wanted to be dating many times a week so that she felt special or something (I guess I'm not good at making people feel special by going to pointless places [heck, is it even special if you're doing it all the time?])