• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
The last time there was an earthquake around here that we were able to feel... I was sitting on my couch. I was like... what the heck... I thought something had exploded somewhere. o_O

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
We had a very short earthquake here in Michigan last year. It only lasted like 20 seconds. Thank goodness it wasn't anything horrible!

Zazie

So 1991
Since seafood was mentioned last page:

I went to a seafood restaurant for an early birthday celebration. They had tofu versions of trhe dishes which I ate because I am vegan. Tofu fish and chips and tofu crab cake sandwich. Tofu fish and chips is surprisingly similar to the real thing, because let's face it, all you really taste is the batter anyway.

The restaurant was also painted rainbow colors and played a bunch of super chill/mellow reggae that sounded a bit like slightly stoopid. (or was slightly stoopid).

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
This line for the Pokemon center at worlds is like the longest line ever. This **** better be cute and worth it

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
It's not in NY it's the temporary one at worlds in SF. I bet the one in NY is less crowded than this

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Since seafood was mentioned last page:

I went to a seafood restaurant for an early birthday celebration. They had tofu versions of trhe dishes which I ate because I am vegan. Tofu fish and chips and tofu crab cake sandwich. Tofu fish and chips is surprisingly similar to the real thing, because let's face it, all you really taste is the batter anyway.

The restaurant was also painted rainbow colors and played a bunch of super chill/mellow reggae that sounded a bit like slightly stoopid. (or was slightly stoopid).

That actually sounds wonderful. I too am a vegan. I haven't liked many of the vegan "fish" replacements though. I do like tofu though. :)

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
I've always wanted to go to the Pokemon Center in NY

You're about 11 years too late since the Pokemon Center in New York closed in 2005.

It's now called Nintendo New York. They did reopen the Pokemon Center as an online website though.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
One of these years I would like to travel to Japan. Next year I'm hoping to go to Boston for Pax East (possibly) by that time I should have my first full week of vacation time. If I go to Pax West I'm definitely flying out there. For Pax East I would most likely drive.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Currently seeking a therapist in order to help me deal with the lasting trauma of coming face to face with a wasp whilst butt naked in the shower.

Takers?

Also, perseid meteor shower tonight! Don't miss it, you should be able to see a lot even in the cities.

I know this post was like a week ago but holy hell nope nope nope

I have no advice. If that happened to me it'd be RIP Pesky cause I would probably just curl up and die tbh. I'm not generally afraid of bugs but wasps are the ones that can make me have a high speed come apart.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
so worlds has pretty much been the biggest cluster**** of an event i have ever been to

obviously there was the whole not telling people it'd be closed to the public until last week fiasco. since i live close by this wasnt a HUGE deal for me but i feel for the people who booked tickets from far away. paid for a pokken lcq spot, then find out 2 days before that you only get a pass for friday for that. ok...

go on thursday to pick up my friday pass, check in for pokken lcq, and buy stuff at the pokemon center. decide not to actually do the lcq because im not feeling super great friday and my work kinda needs me, plus tbh i am not good at pokken and likely would have been destroyed. find out about the special event pokemon and come back saturday with my friends who want to buy stuff. find out theyre giving out passes for saturday at 8 in the morning but i live in suburban hell and the earliest i could make it with public transport is 9:00, when everything is already gone.

THEN find out despite nearly everywhere saying you dont need any credentials for the side events, you actually do need a pass of some sort, doesnt matter what day but you need something. so glad i brought my friday one bc i almost left it at home but decided to just throw it in my purse anyway. but my friends dont have passes so they cant get into anything. and the security was really rude and looked at us like we were crazy morons. some people say they got leftover friday passes (so expired but will let you into the side events) by asking the help desk nicely. they say they have none left and cant help us even though i tell them i live in the suburbs and wouldnt even be able to make it by the time theyre handing out the sunday passes.

luckily i got squirtle from the side events after my friends left and a nice dude i talked to while getting squirtle offered to go get charmander and bulbasaur for me, so there's that. but after meeting up with serebii he told me the pokken room and other stuff was basically empty so it really pisses me off they limited it like this. and it seems kinda crappy that the pokemon center was the ONLY part open to everyone. like dont get me wrong im a sucker for merch and definitely bought quite a bit, but it makes me feel like oh we cant accommodate fans who came all the way out here, but here, come buy our (even more than normally) overpriced stuff and put more money in our pockets!!

i just hope they learned from this and are more transparent next year.

So, I have a question. I'm trying to write a fantasy novel at the moment, and I've got a lot of stuff down. The setting is really fleshed out. I've created the world and enough of the lore to where it's going to be relatively easy to build off of, but I'm having some difficulty fleshing out laws and customs of a particular race of people. Right now, I'm trying to imagine how a culture would manifest itself if the people had a religious belief that everyone goes to Hell. It's not just a belief, though. There's several physical phenomena to support that this actually happens, such as horrible and violent visions upon nearing death or hearing the faint sound of their soul being dragged away. So far, I've postulated that their kind would be really scientific and goal oriented, because they want to stave off death for as long as possible. They're extremely motivated and driven to leave a lasting legacy because this isn't the "only life they've got" but rather "The best life they've got" so far though, that's all I've really got. Thoughts?

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
not for people who pester me about them. but those who read the full OP of the name changes thread would know that already.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Man, I have a friend who registers a new name on my Wii U every time he plays Smash over here, and now my namelist is getting super-long, and half the names on it are his. I really oughta just delete them.

I keep telling him to just pick a name and stick with it, and he keeps insisting that it's his last name change, but it never is.