• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I saw a creepy clown tonight while I was walking around downtown playing Pokémon Go. I can die happily now.

Rezzo

Occasionally
Guys. I got a cat after years of anti pet landlords and I'm excited. She's hiding under my bed right now, but she was super sweet at the shelter so I'm sure we'all be BFFs.

Cats are great, I'm sure you'll have fun taking care of it. My cat died last week sadly, although I haven't properly seen him for a few years as my ADD-riddled brother scared him almost completely out of my mum's house. They tend to get this reputation that they can be sly but honestly my cat wasn't like that at all

should i make a glorious return to the forums

Yeah if you want

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Other people at my job can be lazy all night and nobody bats an eye, but I take my required 15 minute break and everyone loses their minds. I'm so over this ****.

That's because you probably made the mistake of caring. That or you're new and at the "bottom of the totem pole" Unless you're trying to get promoted, just stay above the weakest link. I know it sounds screwed up but in most entry level employment like retail and such where they love reminding you that "everyone is replaceable" this is generally true.

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
mhmm. i was always militant about taking my allotted breaks/lunches, clocking in at all times, etc when i was hourly. i could tell some of my coworkers kind of side eyed it but since i was one of the best workers at my job (really not that hard to do when the bar is so low) no one ever directly gave me ****. if you're good at your job and dont back down when they whine they'll stop it.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I've been doing this job for 3 months and I'm already one of the best workers according to my main boss. My bosses and supervisors rant and rave about my work ethic. I do my job, I don't complain, and I work a lot of overtime. Hell, I have to work at 4am tomorrow morning. I'll be working a 12 hour shift cleaning phosphate tanks. My work ethic makes other people jealous. That's why I get treated the way I do.

As I suspected. :/

Ellie, is that Azura from Fire Emblem: Fates? I ask because I just got that game as a birthday present and they look pretty similar. I'm kind of obsessed with it so far. It's my introduction to the series, actually.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I still have to get my hands on Fates. I've been wanting to play it for a while now. I want to play all of these games, and I just don't have enough time. I'll be making time for Sun&Moon though. I'll sacrifice sleep lol.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Fates is good potential with bad execution. Like it feels they wanted to make Fire Emblem 4 in a way.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
no it is ayra from fe4. a far superior game to fates ;)

but actually fates has some good points but it feels wayyyy more anime and shipping-y than a lot of the other games. if you have a wii u after you play fates id recommend you try either fe7 (just called fire emblem for gba) or fe8 (sacred stones) from the eshop since they are only 8 bucks apiece.

bobjr

Staff member
Fire Emblem 7 is the best Fire Emblem for new people. 8 is also good but not as good as 7. Path of Radiance is also great but good luck finding a copy that isn't 150 bucks.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
yea id pick 7 over 8. the only thing 8 really has going for it over 7 is that it's easy, and if you started with awakening it would be a better intro to the rest of the series. but fates is actually kind of hard (comparatively) if you pick classic, especially if you did conquest, so i dont think an easier "transition" game is as necessary

Haha, I really enjoy the anime/shipping aspect of fates actually. My friend ended up hacking it to where I get all the gay romance options, so I'm pretty tickled with all these men trying to woo me. :p I have FE4 downloaded and a few others but not seven, sadly. I'm currently stuck on chapter 11, where they are sailing to Nohr and get boarded by the evil spirit. I've reached the point where some characters are starting to get one shotted so I have to buckle down and start thinking more strategically. I'm really excited to get Riena as a character though, her weird bird mount is all sorts of glorious. I also love how she speaks so passionately and poetically about killing your enemies for you, haha. I think I'm most excited about the fact that it's going to give me and my best friend a little bit more to talk about. We mainly discuss philosophy and while we both like videogames, he's really only played nintendo games whereas I've stuck with Sony.

In other news, I've recently moved to Ohio. Sort of recently, about three weeks ago. It's a bit too red for my liking (the amount of Trump/Pence signs everywhere is kind of scary) but I have more family down here.

Last edited:

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
In other news, I've recently moved to Ohio. Sort of recently, about three weeks ago. It's a bit too red for my liking (the amount of Trump/Pence signs everywhere is kind of scary) but I have more family down here.

I'm dating a guy originally from Ohio right now. He's quite infatuated with Boston so far, despite the fact that we have way fewer takeout options.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member

I'm in a red area of Ohio and if I walk out my front door there are 6 Trump/Pence signs in my eyesight. Trump losing pays for my grad school so I'm looking forward to that and their anger.