• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I live in the bluest state in the US (our Republican governor ran campaign ads bragging about how pro choice he is and we were the first state to allow same sex marriage,) so I know 0 Trump supporters. But I grew up in a state that's basically the capital of libertarianism, so when I go visit my parents suddenly everyone is Johnson/Weld.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I've noticed quite a bit of Trump signs in my area of Michigan, but I've seen some Hillary signs in my area as well. I also live 8 minutes away from the state capital lol.

Honestly, I wish this election wasn't coming down to either Hillary or Trump, but it is what it is...

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I live in a rather liberal area of Oklahoma, but the state is still pretty red.

I'm anxious for this year's election. Red or blue, everyone's pretty much done with Mary Fallin and her asinine cabinet and advisers, and with a lot of teachers and instructors running for state senators and reps this year, the state could see a more liberal (but not actually considered liberal) leadership this cycle.

@Fire Emblem, I'm still waiting for vendors at conventions to use the newly-released English patch for FE4 SNES-converted cartridges. The patch was released back in early summer, so I'm surprised at the lack of this one being around, to my knowledge.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I'm anxious for this year's election. Red or blue, everyone's pretty much done with Mary Fallin and her asinine cabinet and advisers, and with a lot of teachers and instructors running for state senators and reps this year, the state could see a more liberal (but not actually considered liberal) leadership this cycle.

It's weird to see someone responsible for a drastic increase in earthquakes. Usually that's reserved for supervillany or an amazing bachelorette party.

@Fire Emblem, I'm still waiting for vendors at conventions to use the newly-released English patch for FE4 SNES-converted cartridges. The patch was released back in early summer, so I'm surprised at the lack of this one being around, to my knowledge.

I think people are just using it for non cartridge stuff, considering it never came out over here in the first place.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
I mean California is liberal for sure but it isn't the mega progressive stereotype everyone seems to think it is. The farther you get from the big cities the more conservative it is.. I am maybe an hour away from SF and I see probably equal of both. SF itself has become hella overrun with insufferable libertarian tech dudes so it's only really "progressive" if you're a white cis gay dude.

Anyways... Re fe: almost all the older games actually have some sort of shipping too (at least the ones I've played, I don't think fe1-3 or 11-12 do), but it's less pronounced and a lot of them don't let you pair every single person with every other person of the opposite gender. I liked fe4's the most as a good middle ground, where you can technically pair up whoever outside of 2 set couples (although some are super impractical due to join time, hello Finn X Briggid), but each person has 1-4 predestined pairings that have special conversations, possibly give you stat boosts/special items, etc.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I think people are just using it for non cartridge stuff, considering it never came out over here in the first place.

Fire Emblem 3 never saw an official English release either, but I have a converted cartridge of that. Though the English translations are hit and miss with the names, it works nonetheless.

Anyways... Re fe: almost all the older games actually have some sort of shipping too (at least the ones I've played, I don't think fe1-3 or 11-12 do), but it's less pronounced and a lot of them don't let you pair every single person with every other person of the opposite gender. I liked fe4's the most as a good middle ground, where you can technically pair up whoever outside of 2 set couples (although some are super impractical due to join time, hello Finn X Briggid), but each person has 1-4 predestined pairings that have special conversations, possibly give you stat boosts/special items, etc.

FE 1-3 do have shipping, it's just not a game mechanic. It's tethered to the game's script instead. Marth x Caeda, Julian x Lena, and Astram x Midia exist, and Nyna x Camus is a minor plot point in FE1. Alm x Celica and Zeak X Teeta are in FE2.

FE3 has Catria's and Tiki's unrequited love for Marth, and Abel x Est. The Nyna x Hardin pairing is the instigator of the entire plot, with it being a loveless political marriage that the antagonist uses to influence Hardin into doing his bidding. New Mystery of the Emblem did expand to include supports and pairings, but it's as selective as PoR and FE7 are.

FE1-3 were probably held back by hardware and in 3's case inexperience with the hardware to work in supports, so they just tied it to the narrative instead. FE4 is when supports kicked into full force.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
So a couple months ago, I decided to adopt a kitten. :) They were doing an adoption program for kittens at a pet store, and I figured why not? I had been feeling unhappy for personal reasons anyway, and I realized that I was generally much happier back when I had a cat growing up.

His name is Phantom, and I'm 99% sure he's a nebelung. I don't know though. I'm bad with cat breeds. He's also pretty big for being only five months old lol.

Here's a picture of him:

20161017_101659.jpg

Navin

MALDREAD
I've noticed quite a bit of Trump signs in my area of Michigan, but I've seen some Hillary signs in my area as well. I also live 8 minutes away from the state capital lol.

Meanwhile, A2/Michigan campus is one of the most liberal-friendly places in the country. It's harder to find Republicans here.

So a couple months ago, I decided to adopt a kitten. :) They were doing an adoption program for kittens at a pet store, and I figured why not? I had been feeling unhappy for personal reasons anyway, and I realized that I was generally much happier back when I had a cat growing up.

His name is Phantom, and I'm 99% sure he's a nebelung. I don't know though. I'm bad with cat breeds. He's also pretty big for being only five months old lol.

Here's a picture of him:

Cool cat. Hope he makes you happy fam!

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I mean California is liberal for sure but it isn't the mega progressive stereotype everyone seems to think it is. The farther you get from the big cities the more conservative it is.. I am maybe an hour away from SF and I see probably equal of both. SF itself has become hella overrun with insufferable libertarian tech dudes so it's only really "progressive" if you're a white cis gay dude.

That's everywhere you go, though. Outside the I-5 corridor Washington gets very red, very fast. Our second biggest city, Spokane, is strangely red for a city of its size. My college town is a weird mix of liberal college students and conservative rednecks. Washington may be progressive, but its weird in how it does it, I guess

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Fire Emblem 3 never saw an official English release either, but I have a converted cartridge of that. Though the English translations are hit and miss with the names, it works nonetheless.

FE 1-3 do have shipping, it's just not a game mechanic. It's tethered to the game's script instead. Marth x Caeda, Julian x Lena, and Astram x Midia exist, and Nyna x Camus is a minor plot point in FE1. Alm x Celica and Zeak X Teeta are in FE2.

FE3 has Catria's and Tiki's unrequited love for Marth, and Abel x Est. The Nyna x Hardin pairing is the instigator of the entire plot, with it being a loveless political marriage that the antagonist uses to influence Hardin into doing his bidding. New Mystery of the Emblem did expand to include supports and pairings, but it's as selective as PoR and FE7 are.

FE1-3 were probably held back by hardware and in 3's case inexperience with the hardware to work in supports, so they just tied it to the narrative instead. FE4 is when supports kicked into full force.
By shipping I meant pairings that the player has some sort of choice in. I knew about some of the pairings in those games but I was pretty sure all of them weren't a choice, they just happened when the game was over. I do want to finish 11/12 one of these days..

That's everywhere you go, though. Outside the I-5 corridor Washington gets very red, very fast. Our second biggest city, Spokane, is strangely red for a city of its size. My college town is a weird mix of liberal college students and conservative rednecks. Washington may be progressive, but its weird in how it does it, I guess
Yeah that's true cities are usually more liberal no matter where you are. I just feel like people forget California actually does have areas east of SF/LA

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Fire Emblem took over Golden Sun as Nintendo's big shipping franchise.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Wow, it's 3am over here and there's over 1,000 users online. Most of them are guests, but to see that many people online is nice. Too bad it won't last though lol. I like to call it the Sun&Moon effect.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
I mean its been a minute Serebii

@Ellie Not sure if you remember me but Hey its been a while how's Ethan doing

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I also forgot to mention that I'm surrounded by tons of liberals everyday at work lol. I work at the LDT Paint Plant at General Motors, and we're a union shop, so I'm surrounded by liberals. When it comes to politics I keep to myself at work. I'm not a liberal, so I have to be real careful with what I say at my job.

Also, who all has tried out that Sun&Moon demo?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Kool-aid jammers: tropical punch flavored is the most disgusting variant of kool-aid I've ever had.

Maybe it's just me though.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Also, who all has tried out that Sun&Moon demo?
I did. It's shorter than I would have liked but I enjoyed it.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Kool-aid jammers: tropical punch flavored is the most disgusting variant of kool-aid I've ever had.

Maybe it's just me though.

I haven't had those in forever lol. I've been drinking a lot of Gatorade and Powerade lately. I always like drinking them after my workouts. I buy Powerade pretty cheap at the Grocery store.

spyrus7

Hello I would like to know if kyurem is obtainable in soulsilver. Additionally I would like to know if I can trade white kyurem to Pokémon white