• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
That's to be expected. Slam/curse at them isn't as easy to do if they are using a kid.

Jehovah Witness are nice in general but are in a troublesome religion.

Zazie

So 1991
So I am kind of seeinf someone right now and her kid shows me a picture of her dad (which is by extention the person's ex) and I am all like internally thinking, "what is the appriate thing to say in this social situation"

Being old can be weird.

So basically, if you're looking for a drink, it's either absinthe or "nah, I'm good"? That's a pretty big gap to cover.

Yeah, but I only drink it for the tase so I don't get drunk off it.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I think that's mostly a "How much is the kid aware of the situation" kinda thing.

But I'm a 27 year old dating a 21 year old. "Being old enough to drink" being my qualifier worked against me here.

Zazie

So 1991
I think the kid is somewhat aware, they did interupt us later. It was far from anything that would scar a kid for life though, except maybe the movie we watched.

And I try to avoid dating people under 21 too. Not even so uch of a drinking thing, so much as a maturity thing, they ay technically be adults, but they are still a bit too inexperience for a big age gap to be a good idea, at least in my opinion (indiviuals may break the rule). I am like 28 so I am at the point where I can be seeing someone like 13 years older than me and it not feel creepy. (which I kind of am doing)

Like it's kind of a cliche, but I feel the "half your age plus seven " thing is a good rule of thumb.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
Really once you get into your twenties it's usually not a huge deal, barring someone who's been incredibly sheltered their entire life. I had a 24 year old coworker who would get grounded by her parents despite living on her own, and I have yet to figure out how that works.

Yeah, I'm 26 dating a twenty year old. Before I entered into a relationship I wanted to focus on dating people my age or older, because as Zazie mentioned, maturity is a pretty big factor. It seems like anyone under the age of 23 has is emotionally selfish and speaks in emojiis, from my experience anyways. I ended up with someone younger because my area really doesn't offer very good pickings, so on the occassion where there is mutual attraction you can't really afford to not explore it.

In recent news, I bought the Sega Genesis console that was re-released. It was fifty bucks, but coupon, plus employee discount, plus black friday sale means I got it for twenty bucks. I don't have a lot of interest in the games on it because most of them don't have a save feature (How did anyone ever have the patience to get that good at Sonic the Hedgehog 2?) but I think it was worth it just to playing Shining force 1 and 2. I started the first one and became completely addicted.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
I think it's just an issue of meeting someone you're attracted to, but isn't in you preferred range, which is perfectly okay, versus someone in their late 20's or older going after 20 year olds because they're easier to control or something similar.

Zazie

So 1991
As a follow up, apparently the kid asked if I had spent the the night over. I didn't mind you, but yeah, I am kind of curious as to how much this kid knows now.

Also a friend invited me and also queer people in general to her place for thanksgiving. She had like a crazy of stuffed pokemon in her apartment. I mean everywhere lined up and down the stairs of a 3 story living space. Never seen so many pokeon in my life. It was really cute, and overall the coolest apartment I have ever been in.

Thought that would be relevant here because this is a pokemon forum.

What did everyone else do thanksgiving.

Last edited:

LDSman

Went to a coworkers to eat. Brought a brown sugar/honey ham I slow cooked and an upside down apple pecan pie I baked. People really liked both.

EnglishALT

Traveled into Hiroshima to do some shopping, I had some small hope of finding a true thanksgiving dinner at one of the American restaurants, but had to go with KFC.

LDSman

Traveled into Hiroshima to do some shopping, I had some small hope of finding a true thanksgiving dinner at one of the American restaurants, but had to go with KFC.

Bummer. Must be difficult at times.

EnglishALT

Bummer. Must be difficult at times.

It is, but then I do get access to the new Pepsi Christmas Cola, and some of the weirdest Kit Kat flavors you can ever imagine

LDSman

It is, but then I do get access to the new Pepsi Christmas Cola, and some of the weirdest Kit Kat flavors you can ever imagine

I guess that could be a perk. Wish I could afford to fly overseas.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
I remember when I was a mod....haha good times man good times, I do miss Eric and Ethan.

Last edited:
When was that? 0_o?

I remember your emo boy pictures in the picture thread that people gave you a hard time for, but don't recall you ever being a moderator. Maybe it was from 2004 or something under a different account? /confused

Zazie

So 1991
When was that? 0_o?

I remember your emo boy pictures in the picture thread that people gave you a hard time for, but don't recall you ever being a moderator. Maybe it was from 2004 or something under a different account? /confused

Do you have an older different account? I keep hearing you talk about being here for a while, but I see a join date of 2013. (though that could be because lurking)

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
When was that? 0_o?

Yeah, I don't remember either. Of course, I know ****-all about non-Misc sections, so anything's possible, I guess.

This is literally my exact recollection as well, but I think he also had a very fine ladyfriend in said emo boy pictures.

Do you have an older different account? I keep hearing you talk about being here for a while, but I see a join date of 2013. (though that could be because lurking)

It's incomprehensible now, but back before he joined in 2013, I could see the appeal to lurking here.

But seriously, if anybody is lurking here now, check yourself.

Watch, as I spark discussion!

Did it work? Did you guys wanna talk about desserts now?

idk if sandwiches count as desert, but I saw somewhere that Subway is bringing back $5 footlongs, but I think it might only be temporary. It's probably a good idea, though, since that is my (and probably a lot of peoples') high point that I'm willing to pay for one of those things. I think that whole deal was the only reason they got as big as they did in the first place.

Apparently it didn't work

It's dead jim

jb have u really watched 285 days of anime?