• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Misc. hasn't had any contests since, though the worst part of it was they tried to sweep it under the rug by not explaining why they "forgot" about it before deleting the thread.

Anyway, 'bout frigging time we get custom avatars. I don't think it's completely enough to bring in more traffic, but it's a step in the right direction.

Zazie

So 1991
Most of the Smash players I've met have been pricks, to be fair. I don't know if I've just fallen in with a set of questionable quality or what, but...

That's the impression I get too.

As far as custom avatars I am intrigued. I have generally been able to carve out a good unique image for myself using default ones, but now I have some real options. Do I go for a picture of my wonderful self, or an obscure cartoon screencap?

edit: I just realized I have been posting here for nearly 10 years. Wowee Zowee am I starting to feel the nostalgia coming.

edit edit: What I am really interested in however are the other forum changes, it sounds like they really want to get this place up an active again, so maybe some streamlining to actually get decent discussion and retain members might be notable.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
That's the impression I get too.

As far as custom avatars I am intrigued. I have generally been able to carve out a good unique image for myself using default ones, but now I have some real options. Do I go for a picture of my wonderful self, or an obscure cartoon screencap?

edit: I just realized I have been posting here for nearly 10 years. Wowee Zowee am I starting to feel the nostalgia coming.

edit edit: What I am really interested in however are the other forum changes, it sounds like they really want to get this place up an active again, so maybe some streamlining to actually get decent discussion and retain members might be notable.

I honestly don't know anyone would come back, if any. The really strict moderation and as said, things like preventing topics from being created really took a hit here.

Like, even me. I haven't made a thread since 2013. Mainly because I post about Pokemon on Reddit and Gamefaqs. I was simply prevented from making the topics I wanted to discuss here (or shitposting) here because they were all directed into a general thread that itself had many discussions going on

Wow, that happened? That's completely unprofessional. Remind me to never enter any contests on this forum.

Yeah, it was pretty dirty, imo. Nothing in particular "happened" I just think the staff was really disappointed that the contest wasn't as big of a hit as the first one when they photoshopped Joe. I don't think the thread made it past three pages.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The thread did legit get deleted by a server mistake or something, and people did argue about who voted for what, and if vote should have changed and if it counted. Plus I'm far from the person who would have had to do the work involved to set up a new usergroup.

It didn't matter as much for me because I got to do my Loss.jpg edit.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Anime Discussion has been going steady for the last five years.

Nah. Almost every thread is shout same shows but their sequel.

Dragon Ball, Yu-Gi-Oh, One Piece, Naruto and the like that have been running for years. Discussion really died off after the two forum we're merged.

It's to the point that we don't even talk about the seasonal anime anymore like we used to go

Navin

MALDREAD
Nah. Almost every thread is shout same shows but their sequel.

Dragon Ball, Yu-Gi-Oh, One Piece, Naruto and the like that have been running for years. Discussion really died off after the two forum we're merged.

It's to the point that we don't even talk about the seasonal anime anymore like we used to go

*Correction

Pokemon Anime Discussion (PAD) has been going steady. I'd even say booming during certain times in the past several years.

Lmao, a united airlines attendant killed a dog by forcing the passenger to stuff it in the overhead bin.

I'm genuinely sad for the dog but I also find it hilarious at the same time. Is there a special word for that kind of emotion?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Lmao, a united airlines attendant killed a dog by forcing the passenger to stuff it in the overhead bin.

I'm genuinely sad for the dog but I also find it hilarious at the same time. Is there a special word for that kind of emotion?

Wry, maybe? Whatever you'd use to describe something as darkly humorous.

But seriously, United Airlines has some serious problems going on with them. There was also a story last month in the same vein of some stupid college student flushing her "emotional support" hamster down the toilet at an airport because allegedly she was told so by one of the airline employees. And so she spent ten minutes sobbing in a stall contemplating on whether-or-not to flush the rodent when she could've, I dunno, found a way for the hamster to travel across country safely or released it outside for some bird of prey to eat.

It sounds like something straight out of an SNL sketch! I just can't...wrap my head around it. Where does UA even find these psychopaths? And if your company doesn't sink after garnering a reputation for KILLING PUPPIES, is there anything that will sink UA? I feel like they could be importing sex slaves from the Philippines and people would still say "Well, this is the only flight to Dallas that leaves at 10 AM, what can ya do?"

By the way, Hamsters are vicious toolbags. Flushing it would have been the right call.

Last edited:

Peter Quill

star-lord
I've only flown United once. There was nothing particularly remarkable about the flight so there's no reason for me to have any brand loyalty. I do very vividly remember a TSA lady screaming at me in the middle of the San Francisco airport because I didn't take my shoes off for security screening. I've never had to take off my shoes for domestic flights within Canada/flights in Europe so I was just so... taken aback by the entire thing. When I tried to apologize for holding up the line because I honestly didn't know any better she just yelled at me more. I felt so humiliated at the time but now it's just a silly memory.

I won't make the same mistake twice!

Zazie

So 1991
I honestly don't know anyone would come back, if any. The really strict moderation and as said, things like preventing topics from being created really took a hit here.

I was more assuming there might be some new blood with better retention rates rather than new members coming back.

Reddit just isn't the same as a forum and posting on reddit I can tell there are a lot of people where that want a forum experience more than what reddit actually is.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
plus i want to spend as little time around your average redditor as possible. hey-ohhhhhh

I've only flown United once. There was nothing particularly remarkable about the flight so there's no reason for me to have any brand loyalty. I do very vividly remember a TSA lady screaming at me in the middle of the San Francisco airport because I didn't take my shoes off for security screening. I've never had to take off my shoes for domestic flights within Canada/flights in Europe so I was just so... taken aback by the entire thing. When I tried to apologize for holding up the line because I honestly didn't know any better she just yelled at me more. I felt so humiliated at the time but now it's just a silly memory.

I won't make the same mistake twice!

well that sounds like ********. i sincerely hope i never have to fly in this piece of garbage country.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Airlines are weird in that they depend on businesses to fly in the first place, so most people not on a pure business trip tend to run into problems.

Also the TSA is so bad they can't even detect fake terrorists.