• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread - Come to #spp-misc on Discord! https://discord.gg/3u9nKEa

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I guess the forum upgrade didn't bring back much activity

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I remember when this place was booming with active users. I even remember when GCT used to be active. Heck, I remember a few years ago when GCT imploded with sh*t posts and the whole thread got axed. That was a crazy time.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I miss how this place was back when I first joined in early-mid 2011. Maybe we should downgrade back to vbulletin 3 xD

Anyways I miss the default style that was used back then and I would love to see it get remade for nostalgic reasons.

It's not a complete restoration, no, but there is a little bit more buzz. The chat definitely seems to be more active if any of you are interested in that. I always tried checking it out prior to the upgrade and it was always dead as a doornail. Either the upgrade did something for its activity or I'm just suddenly signing on at the right times.

The conversations in chat are typically more engaging than the ones on the forum anyway, from what I can see. I also feel less pressure to be all prim and proper in my manner of writing. Socialization is...what's the word? I don't know..Purer? when you're conversing real time and off the cuff.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I really need to start using the Discord more. I know during the upgrade I was on it quite frequently. There were some good conversations going on.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I know this is pretty late but has anyone been keeping up with the Channel Awesome disaster fiasco?

Horrible stuff all around. Especially with what came out recently.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
We tend to have similar taste, so I have a feeling you'd enjoy it.

This is an amazing point, and it's prompted me to bump Utena up to the next thing I watch. Although it could be awhile before I get back around to an animu; I'm sort of engrossed in Breath of the Wild (and I've had to work back-to-back 60 hour weeks, but like, I don't even care about work?).

I guess the forum upgrade didn't bring back much activity

I never want to post during lulls because then my posts will be the only ones to read, and people will be, like, super-critical of them. And I can't cope with that.

ps who is anume in avitar/

I remember when this place was booming with active users. I even remember when GCT used to be active. Heck, I remember a few years ago when GCT imploded with sh*t posts and the whole thread got axed. That was a crazy time.

I remember back when people used to wax nostalgic about the 2004-06 era. Though I thought 07-08 was pretty good, too. Speaking of, I also saw that BattleFranky is still one of the top posters here despite not being around for ~10 years. Crazy.

I miss how this place was back when I first joined in early-mid 2011. Maybe we should downgrade back to vbulletin 3 xD

Anyways I miss the default style that was used back then and I would love to see it get remade for nostalgic reasons.

I miss ho- OH MY GOD IS THAT MANA?!

Yeah this thread used to go through hundreds of post a day, not sure what happened haha

To be fair, I feel like if it racked up 100+ posts in 24 hour period, that was a bad thing. Remember that thing with Zeno and jenny and all that? What was it again...?

It's not a complete restoration, no, but there is a little bit more buzz. The chat definitely seems to be more active if any of you are interested in that. I always tried checking it out prior to the upgrade and it was always dead as a doornail. Either the upgrade did something for its activity or I'm just suddenly signing on at the right times.

The conversations in chat are typically more engaging than the ones on the forum anyway, from what I can see. I also feel less pressure to be all prim and proper in my manner of writing. Socialization is...what's the word? I don't know..Purer? when you're conversing real time and off the cuff.

I like the post format, though. It's like, "I'm very busy so leave a message and I'll get back to you later." But then since you're on the internet, you get distracted by hamster breeding videos and forget that this place even exists.

I know this is pretty late but has anyone been keeping up with the Channel Awesome disaster fiasco?

Yeah it's terrib- HOLY **** IS THAT KERMIT'S ANGRY FACE?

P.S. - Speaking of the upgrade, I think my favorite feature is this new rolleyes emoji, which I'm really digging: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Zazie

So 1991

I might check it out since I have a Discord, but the problem with chat stuff is I am generally too busy to keep up. I don't have a lot of free downtime since I work, go to school and try to keep up a fulfilling social life. (this week I had midters and this weekend I got something going on all 3 nights, it's intense)

Honestly I was never a huge fan anyway. Cartoon All Stars to the rescue was a funny video, but his schtick got old after a while, and most of the copycat channels didn't interest me. I also had to deal with a lot of ners back in the time when he was at the height of his popularity. All the insufferable people trying to imitate his style badly really put a bit of a distaste in my mouth.

I still do watch Tood in the Shadows on occasion because I like On HIt Wonderland, and Lindsey Ellis continues to show how she was way above everyone else on that site. I watch some of her videos and also the channel Contrapoints, which she is involved with in some fashion. (Contrapoints is probably my favorite youtube channel right now honestly, nothing like TGWTG though)

Jb

Tsun in the streets
ps who is anume in avitar/

Lol is Tohru from Miss Kobayashi's Maid Dragon

It's short, an office lady finds and injured dragon while drunk and pulls the sword out of her. The dragon hates humans but repays the kind gesture but turning into a human and beconibe a maid for the office lady since the office lady has a big fetish for maids

It's decent enough and the manga is pretty good. After it came out a lot of ripoff monster girl anime popped up but most were ****. Though this is a good one airing now about racing horsegirls

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
It was 66 degrees on Thursday, and now it's cold, and freezing rain outside. Ah, pure Michigan...

Hopefully this is the last senseless winter storm that we have until next winter.

It's amazing how stupid people get when it comes to driving in these conditions. On my commute to work this morning, I saw 5 cars in the ditch. Some dumba** was going like 80 miles per hour in this sh*t, and he was cutting people off like he was playing Grand Theft Auto Online. I can't stand a**holes like that.

Also, right when I got home from work, and I walked through my door, my power went out. That's just my luck..

Anyways, that's my rant. I hope everyone is having a better day than me.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

It really is horrible, but I'm just sitting back and enjoying the shitshow, honestly. I like how that recent bomb has caused a backlash against the #ChangeTheChannel folks so just watching the site, its people, and its fanbase implode has been quite the sight to behold. My favorite part about it has been the memes, particularly the GuruLarry, Titanic, and Evangelion memes.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It was 66 degrees on Thursday, and now it's cold, and freezing rain outside. Ah, pure Michigan...

Hopefully this is the last senseless winter storm that we have until next winter.

It's amazing how stupid people get when it comes to driving in these conditions. On my commute to work this morning, I saw 5 cars in the ditch. Some dumba** was going like 80 miles per hour in this sh*t, and he was cutting people off like he was playing Grand Theft Auto Online. I can't stand a**holes like that.

Also, right when I got home from work, and I walked through my door, my power went out. That's just my luck..

Anyways, that's my rant. I hope everyone is having a better day than me.
yay, winter is back , not.
I was at least hoping to see some baseball played in the snow since it's apparently supposed to snow today, but they postponed the game today. Surprising since they actually played yesterday and the weather was probably worse.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Channel Awesome will unfortunately be fine, only losing 40k+ with still over 1 million is nothing.

They can also easy replace the content creators they lost. Even if they couldn't, all they really need is The Nostalgia Critic, because that's really all people are there for.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Channel Awesome will unfortunately be fine, only losing 40k+ with still over 1 million is nothing.

They can also easy replace the content creators they lost. Even if they couldn't, all they really need is The Nostalgia Critic, because that's really all people are there for.

https://i.imgur.com/dmeWtKl.jpg

Also it looks like Doug quit, but CA owns the Nostalgia Critic trademark.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Also it looks like Doug quit, but CA owns the Nostalgia Critic trademark.

It's either that, or he just hasn't put in the date of employment on his Facebook. Apparently Facebook pages also were merged recently, so that could've contributed to it. So it's just speculation (just like there's speculation the Walkers are working with a lawyer currently) until Doug comes out and says it himself.