• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SugarFreeJazz

not present
Drawing the nose and the mouth is the hardest part about drawing the face (at least from a straight-on perspective). That's why I prefer drawing those as I would in a manga or caricature because they're often the simplest to draw. Though as of recently, I've been having difficulties with connecting the head to the body and making it look at least semi-realistic.

Eh, it'll be worth it in the end when I'm able to draw even better.

Holy crap, this thread spanned three pages in one day... new general chat thread record from what I've noticed.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Holy crap, this thread spanned three pages in one day... new general chat thread record from what I've noticed.

Most is hardcore spam, don't worry.

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
Wait so we draw straight lines and see flat planes?

what
As SFJ noticed, Noses are hard to draw. It's mainly because they stick out and you can't draw them that way on flat paper.

In our mind we see 2D and things coming towards us, but it's next to impossible to replicate on paper given that our minds don't see it flat.

Profesco

gone gently
Hot dang, guys. I've never seen such a concentrated cluster of "trying to out-internet-cool the other guy" as there has been in the last four pages of this thread. God, that's annoying.

All fandoms have their bad side. Hell, I'm a huge fan of Homestuck so to an extent I'm no one to judge. It's just that imo MLP is the only fandom I currently know of where the worst parts of the fandom are also the loudest and most frequently seen on the internet.

How much time have you spent in PAD? Eh, maybe it's a matter of exposure and opinion.

But you know, Teshub came here from there.

Also, screw MLP. I do not wish to be the little girl, nor am I a furry.

Sums it up for me.

Got extremely drunk for the first time last night. Threw up for an hour or so while almost falling asleep in the trash can.

Occasionally, I wonder if there's something wrong with me because I don't understand the appeal of drinking.

So I'm trying to get back into drawing on a more regular basis and damn, I can't draw nearly as well as I used to be able to. What's worse is what I want to draw the most, I can't draw worth ****. Why do faces have to be so complicated?

Skills atrophy the same as muscles do. 3D models help, for me. I don't know how easy it'll be for you to find a tiny anatomically correct human figure to use as reference, though. Good luck with the loads of practice you'll presumably be carrying out. =P

Human faces are next to impossible to draw since we seem them in 2D whereas we draw them in one-dimensional on paper. We also like near-perfection. That's why it's easier to stick to caracitures and manga looks.

I can't draw a face in one dimension. I always need at least two. But I'm not great at stuff like that. =/

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
Profescoooo!

Some of these people are just drama if you ask me. . .

Drawing is pretty hard.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I've always found the nose and mouth to be really easy to draw. I have the most trouble with the eyes, actually.

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
I find eyes quite simple to draw since you can go so many ways with them.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
imo, I think I make the eyes soulless

[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/YjOp4.png[/IMG139]

Is that an actual person or just some random that came to mind?

Josiah

is your favorite
I hate the actual act of drinking. The feeling was pretty awesome though. For me, I enjoy it because it loosens me up enough that I feel free to talk to whoever I want, about whatever I want. It helped me get a lot of things off my chest without coming off as whiny. Because I'm funny drunk.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
It's from a lady I saw in a magazine. I saw it and I thought it would be interesting to draw.

DaManOFTo

Legendary Hunter
The Dream World thing stole my firlish.

kochoupink

butts lol
I hate the actual act of drinking. The feeling was pretty awesome though. For me, I enjoy it because it loosens me up enough that I feel free to talk to whoever I want, about whatever I want. It helped me get a lot of things off my chest without coming off as whiny. Because I'm funny drunk.

Welcome to college. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.