• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Additionally:

By some accounts, the Anonymous_Smod account was so at least one staff member (possibly Joe) wouldn't get flak from the Misc. Fire Department when mods did stuff. As we can all guess by now with the number of people who are supporting the resurrection of the roasts, a lot of people were pretty butthurt over their closure.

Of course, that sure as **** didn't work, and I'm not nearly so ready to trust a lot of things mentioned about the staff right now.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
I'm back after one day of being hungover (y) Hi.

In my stories, I'm just rocking Mystery Dungeon and let me say this; Monster house + Some genius using "Perish Song" = This is Sparta.

That is awfully cool, Obscurity. What is he like, performing? I can't help but think of how old he is. =x

Oh, gosh, he was really great. He came out on stage, sat down, and just talked to us. Told us all sorts of stories from his childhood all the way to his married life. The stories were simple, and could possibly mundane if told by anyone else, but he managed to pull the humor out of these situations to make them absolutely hilarious. Andd he made the greatest facial expressions, haha.
It was just an experience to see such a legendary man work his magic in person.

And he told us he is 74 now. I think he's got enough in him to keep on going for a while, yet.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Oh, gosh, he was really great. He came out on stage, sat down, and just talked to us. Told us all sorts of stories from his childhood all the way to his married life. The stories were simple, and could possibly mundane if told by anyone else, but he managed to pull the humor out of these situations to make them absolutely hilarious. Andd he made the greatest facial expressions, haha.
It was just an experience to see such a legendary man work his magic in person.

And he told us he is 74 now. I think he's got enough in him to keep on going for a while, yet.
74? I thought he was 80something for some reason.

Bill Cosby seems like a pretty cool guy to start a coffee shop convo with. I'd do that

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
So I have my pull list for DC in September.

Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Green Lantern: New Guardians
Red Lantern
Batwoman
Justice League Dark
Justice League
Swamp Thing

and possibly Batman, Red Hood, and Teen Titans and Suicide Squad.

I'm going to download these on my iPad (when I get it). I still need to make my pull list for Marvel, but it it looking like Avengers Academy, Thunderbolts, Daredevil, and FF. Although come November, I'll be adding almost every X-Men title and Thor.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Amazing Spider-Man is actually a decent read these days. I'm looking forward to the ultimate re-launch line. Hickman will do an awesome job I'm sure.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Amazing Spider-Man is actually a decent read these days. I'm looking forward to the ultimate re-launch line. Hickman will do an awesome job I'm sure.

I'm following Spider Island, and I'm loving it so far. It's much better than Fear Itself is going.

Are you talking about the new Ultimate Spider-Man or is Ultimate getting re-launched entirely?

Prelude

Prelude
Yeah 97 ftw! *Older misc members shake their heads at us freshman.*
freshmen*

Just wondering, as your going into high school too
you're*

jesus christ we are sending people into high school who havent even mastered elementary school grammar lessons

I feel like the people around my age were blessed, for we grew up without the need of a computer.
legos were the **** even after the internet became big

Last edited:

Geekachu

The future is bright

legos were the **** even after the internet became big

Haha, I used to play with lego all the time, I spent stupid amounts on those sets.

In retrospect, it's quite extortionate. Oh well, my flying Wookie ship was worth it.

Spookz

Lumos
Oh well, my flying Wookie ship was worth it.
That sounds phenomenal.

I have such fond memories of building just about everything out of old mis-matched legos.

I really want to build a pillow fort now. D:

Haha, I used to play with lego all the time, I spent stupid amounts on those sets.

In retrospect, it's quite extortionate. Oh well, my flying Wookie ship was worth it.

This is one of my big problems with Lego toys: the expense. When I was a wee lad (albeit still a big wee lad), I was really big into those "Bionicle" things, which, for those of you who don't remember, were part of the "Technic" line (basically all machinery things) and they were robotic(?) warriors bearing masks that gave them superpowers. They had a bit of a biomechanical theme to them and were generally pretty cool to a kid within the toy's recommended age range.

Price: $7 each. Number of pieces per toy: about 40. That's about five pieces for a buck. Which was enough to build an arm.

Somehow I think they got away with it by basically being action figures you can build for yourself, then take apart and combine with others for some kind of funky DIY creation.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
So I'm washing my car; i got this new tire thing thats suppose to make it and i quote "Sparklez"

I spray it (it has a nozzle) and bam some kind of grey liquid flies out, not like a normal spray but like emptying a bottle of water...it didn't work, my tires are normal and on top of EVERYTHING it smells like the fucking liquid thats comes from a camel after it gave birth to a cow.

I had to swear there, its just that freaking nasty...Jesus.

I need to get this smell off of me....honestly I'd wear skunk colon if it would get this smell off...holy, just holy.

Ah, yes. I remember Bionicle. I was really into them and I had more than 30 figurines, and atleast two full series (there were 6 figurines in a serie). My Bionicle collection is the only lego i got left where the figurines are in their boxes, and all the pieces are together. The rest of my lego is just a mess of very bad stuff i build from my imagination.

I later tried getting into lego again with a something called Exo-Force. however it didn't really do it for me because inly the two first series were released were I live.

Grey Wind

Thirty Bionicle? I had over one hundred. I adored Bionicle. Still have a box of them upstairs somewhere.

I actually have a small room in my attic totally dedicated to Lego.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I'm following Spider Island, and I'm loving it so far. It's much better than Fear Itself is going.

Are you talking about the new Ultimate Spider-Man or is Ultimate getting re-launched entirely?
Ultimate comics are getting a re-launch or re-branded after Ultimate Fall Out. The X-men will have Johnny Storm. Hawkeye gets his own ongoing. Ultimates written by Hickman(his ultimate Thor mini was amazing) and Bendis writes black spider-man.

Status
Not open for further replies.