• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot dang, guys. I've never seen such a concentrated cluster of "trying to out-internet-cool the other guy" as there has been in the last four pages of this thread. God, that's annoying.

It is.

But this is how the Internet is; people try to outdo each other in being 'cool,' when they're just performing behaviors that one might expect of a being with an IQ below 100.

I have to do a presentation on Frank Zappa for a humanities class. This is actually pretty damned cool.

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag
Sums it up for me.

That kind of mentality is really silly though. That's like someone saying "I think Pokemon is stupid and refuse to watch it because I'm an animal rights activist and I don't want to be a furry."

I'm not saying that the show is so good that it's worth a watch, but don't automatically give up on it because you're afraid that it will turn you into a furry. Same thing when people say "I don't watch MLP because it's for girls" which is just as bad and silly. Pokemon, while it does have aspects that cater to us older folk, is for the most part aimed at children and yet here we all are. There are plenty of shows that are aimed at young girls yet the fanbase is composed of a large demographic that greatly exceeds just little girls. Have you seen the Powerpuff Girls? More guys I know watch that and are a bigger fan than I am, and I own the entire series.

Wow, I just get home from being out for over 15 hours and I come back to 8 pages of fun. Awesome.

Anyways, I was just out for fifteen hours. Went with my sister and my two best female friends to the mall, nearly passed out in one store because some lady blasted my face with perfume (awwww yeeeaaaaahhhh deadly alergies), went to Half-Priced Books, because amazing deals (the entire collection of Rush albums for $15? Why not. Why freakin' not), and then we attempted to head off to dinner...we get on the freeway and BAM flat tire. I get out and start to get the tire off, and Becky's like "Oh, I don't have a spare."

So we had to wait 25 minutes for her parents to get there. We ended up taxiing the car two and a half miles to the next exit, right by the airport, filling up the tire and going on our way...because no flat tire is going to ruin our fun, damnit. We have dinner, go to Target, have some lulz there, and they drop me off at one of my other friend's houses. So I spent the rest of the evening with my best bros, playing some video games and just screwing around. Then we rewatched Paranormal Activity 2, and just made fun of it the whole time. Then, around 2:30, we went to Denny's and watched a couple of kids who were stoned out of their minds try to play one of those claw machines to get a plushie. It was pretty hilarious.

Now I'm full and have to get up in four hours to get ready for church, and I'm not tired at all. :V Opah. Time to play some Oblivion, just because.

Edit;; spoiler for those who don't care

America cares more.

I'm not even kidding.
That's...actually pretty depressing. :V

Last edited:

MKFC

Shade of Blue
the cheese monster is coming to get us all

HA.
HAHA.
HAHAHAHAHA.
No.

Anyway, this evening I'm going to Nottingham - I know a few people there, but they're not free lol >_<

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Amazon.com DVD/BD Ranking 4/24/2011

USA :
1.Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part1
2.The King's Speech
3.Tangled
4.Megamind
5.How to Train Your Dragon - double pack

UK :
1.Alien Anthology
2..Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part1
3.Tron: Legacy
4.Tron: Legacy (3D)
5.The King's Speech

Germany :
2.The Town
3.The Social Network
4.Legend of the Guardians
5.Spiderman - Trilogy Box

France :
2.Apocalypse Now
3.The Incredibles
4.LOTR - Precious collection limited edition
5.A Bug's Life

Japan :
1.Puella Magi Madoka Magica Vol6
2.Puella Magi Madoka Magica Vol1
3.Puella Magi Madoka Magica Vol5
4.Puella Magi Madoka Magica Vol2
5.Puella Magi Madoka Magica Vol4

Oh wow. Just wow. That's priceless.

I just lurked the shipping forum for 30mins....lots of Photoshop going on there..,

Shipping confuses me... especially Ash x main girl shippers... my theories:

Ash x Misty cause it's the original!
Ash x main girl of region I started watching cause that's where I started!
Ash x latest girl and I'm mindlessly converting to the next girl that joins!

Why are they shipping ten-year-olds, anyway?

...this is a terrible post. *Fixes that* I might hold off on getting Portal 2 until I get a PS3 for the free stuff. Would get it for PC, but my comp is a terrible gaming comp.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Amazon.com DVD/BD Ranking 4/24/2011

USA :
2.The King's Speech
3.Tangled
4.Megamind
5.How to Train Your Dragon - double pack

UK :
1.Alien Anthology
2..Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part1
3.Tron: Legacy
4.Tron: Legacy (3D)
5.The King's Speech

Germany :
2.The Town
3.The Social Network
4.Legend of the Guardians
5.Spiderman - Trilogy Box

France :
2.Apocalypse Now
3.The Incredibles
4.LOTR - Precious collection limited edition
5.A Bug's Life

Japan :

Lol good find, but we all that every country knows that Modoka>Harry Potter.

Also yeah, I seen a AshxPaul shipping thread ._. One of the reasons that Pokemon has the second most broken Fanbase after Sonic.

SonicxShadow...

The hell is that?

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
I hate the actual act of drinking. The feeling was pretty awesome though. For me, I enjoy it because it loosens me up enough that I feel free to talk to whoever I want, about whatever I want. It helped me get a lot of things off my chest without coming off as whiny. Because I'm funny drunk.

I dunno whether this applies to you, but I have noticed that most people think they're funny when drunk. However, truth is that few are.

But those that actually are funny, are of course priceless.

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
Indeed. Though the fact that the Harry Potter DVDs are also up so high is pretty perturbing, too.

I found it more suprising how many people got pissed when I said out loud a list of characters that were going to die in the movie (And included Harry for laughs) the day before the premiere of the first half, because someone asked me. Seriously, the book's been out for years. If you haven't read it by now, it's your own damn fault.

Also sick of hearing people go "It was so sad when Dobby died T_T" as if everyone who actually cares enough to read the damn book didn't already know.

I found it more suprising how many people got pissed when I said out loud a list of characters that were going to die in the movie (And included Harry for laughs) the day before the premiere of the first half, because someone asked me. Seriously, the book's been out for years. If you haven't read it by now, it's your own damn fault.

Also sick of hearing people go "It was so sad when Dobby died T_T" as if everyone who actually cares enough to read the damn book didn't already know.

Someone was sad when Dobby died? I never liked him. I mean, I didn't like much about the Harry Potter novels in retrospect, but.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I like being drunk. Everytime that I have been so far, I have been in a good mood. I don't really like drinking beer, though. I like mixed drinks, like coke and rum (even though I would never drink coke by itself)

Chris

Old Coot
Japan :

I'm more baffled by the fact that Ano Hana, which only has two episodes out right now, somehow has its planned Blu-ray release being in the 9th top selling releases on Amazon right now.

I already knew Japan was a lost cause when it came to Madoka. Even more hilarious how there's six volumes when that series could easily compiled into one set. Leave it to Japan to overcharge on disc-based media. Good god.

What is Puella Magi Madoka Magica? Never heard of it til now.

Status
Not open for further replies.