• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Boi

Bitter Twist
Before posting, please ask yourself the following question: "Am I making a post which is either funny, informative, or interesting on any level?"

If you can answer "yes" to this, then please post. If you cannot, then refrain from posting.

>Implying that your standards actually matter on a Pokemon forum.

kochoupink

butts lol
>Implying that your standards actually matter on a Pokemon forum.

Standards matter in any community. You'll forgive our xenophobia. We've had a rough time of it lately. This subforum, though a part of a pokemon forum, is in fact not a place to discuss pokemon. It stands alone as, until recently, a group of friends with the occasional interloper. It's people who imply that standards are unnecessary that are making this an unpleasant place to be.

D-Boi

Bitter Twist
Standards matter in any community. You'll forgive our xenophobia. We've had a rough time of it lately. This subforum, though a part of a pokemon forum, is in fact not a place to discuss pokemon. It stands alone as, until recently, a group of friends with the occasional interloper. It's people who imply that standards are unnecessary that are making this an unpleasant place to be.

>Implying that I'm new to this forum.

But seriously, I didn't believe you guys would have this bad of a new generation of members until I looked at the Debate forums. Good God.

kochoupink

butts lol
>Implying that I'm new to this forum.

But seriously, I didn't believe you guys would have this bad of a new generation of members until I looked at the Debate forums. Good God.

Your join date v. clearly states you are a forum veteran, but your attitude suggests that you are an infrequent visitor to this subforum. And yeah, the Debate forum is. . .
awesome.

Debate forum is responsible for destroying more minds than every drug known to man. Well, assuming you base it off real statistics and not government propaganda, but that's another subject for another time.

D-Boi

Bitter Twist
Your join date v. clearly states you are a forum veteran, but your attitude suggests that you are an infrequent visitor to this subforum. And yeah, the Debate forum is. . .
awesome.

Entertainment was my own little private war zone, until I started college until I looked at my horrible post history. Then nothing else mattered seeing as the music industry was turning into more of a joke day by day.

Last edited:

MHugs

Swadloon cuddle~
It stands alone as, until recently, a group of friends with the occasional interloper.
So, are you guys cool with those interlopers or what? Because my miniscule postcount is probably deterring people from associating with me, but on the other hand I don't see a way to become part of the group of friends without being an inerloper first.

On another note, all forums' debate sections are pathetic.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
You should come join the cool kids.

On another note, all forums' debate sections are pathetic.

That's arguable. I think that, really, the subject matter of the forum's "typical" post(er)s will have some influence on how terrible a debates section is. Like this forum... is a Pokemon forum. This is a franchise with a large number of young fans, so naturally those fellows are going to show up on this board a lot... and invariably, they will "leak" into the Debates section. Other fora with more mature subject matter will probably have better-quality debate sections, if only just. (For example, MTGSalvation's, which is mostly hampered because the average Magic player's thinking skills are typically defined as "high enough to be able to download the new decklists, spend obscene amounts of money on the cards for it, and find decent take-out dinner with the remainder of their funds, but nothing more.")

Moneyy

INACTIVE
The debate section has started going downhill due to "certain" threads. I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about.

MHugs

Swadloon cuddle~
That's arguable. I think that, really, the subject matter of the forum's "typical" post(er)s will have some influence on how terrible a debates section is.
Well, I have yet to see any fan forum with a palatable debate section.
(For example, MTGSalvation's, which is mostly hampered because the average Magic player's thinking skills are typically defined as "high enough to be able to download the new decklists, spend obscene amounts of money on the cards for it, and find decent take-out dinner with the remainder of their funds, but nothing more.")
I thought Magic went the way of the Beyblades.

You're probably right abnout the maturity-of-subject-matter thing, though.

I think we'd make a lot of headway if we banned religious threads.

Unfortunately, as this forum gets edgier, we seem to appeal to a lot of atheist/antitheist joiners, and all they want to do is denounce religion everywhere.

e:

I thought Magic went the way of the Beyblades.

You're probably right abnout the maturity-of-subject-matter thing, though.

Shockingly, no. Magic is alive and kicking, but its tournament scene is ludicrously stagnant because of changes to the methods involved with putting together new cards. I guess Wizards is trying to make more archetypes seem attractive, but the problem is, basically, that at least one will always be an all-or-nothing matter, either the best or the worst.

That is to say, the color blue has managed to **** up the entire game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.