• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alleviate

Banned
A lot of you regulars people complain about how misc is **** now. But if you are here and say misc is crap now, that means that at one point misc was a glorious place where people can discuss how stupid Sarah Palin is without worrying about Allievite trolls coming and making a mess out of the thread. I wasn't around during those days, so what was it like?

what the hell is an Allievite.

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
I must be at the very bottom, because nobody notices me.

I'm not even wallpaper, because wallpaper is usually ugly enough to attract attention.

If you must get noticed, do what I did on page 515. Make a big fool out of yourself by posting badly, and challenge JoshYEAH when he comes to show off his e-d***.

People will be sure to notice you then because by nature, humans tend to point out the bad more than the good. That's why people still bother to troll.

what the hell is an Allievite.

You meant: What the hell is an Allievite?

Last edited:
Despite all my time spent making excuses for folks here, I was quite honestly shocked to be reading posts that did not realize that passage was not serious. Perhaps you could forgive a person for not being able to pick up the joke on his own, and if you really wanted to stretch your credulity, you could probably let him get away with simply skimming the text since "historic documents" are frequently considered boring. But all the reader had to do to not reveal his own gullibility was drop down to the bottom of the text and read the footnote about how the author was a famous satirist.

I'm also kind of disappointed that you (and Kreis, who is apparently quick to spoil all kinds of literary fun >=[) posted the reveal so soon, kochoupink, but at the same time I'm afraid that, without it, there would only have been more people taken in by it.

In summary: *heavy, mournful sigh*

You forget that this is a subforum where many users actively enjoy the postings of trolls. So, uh.

Profesco

gone gently
Somebody who doesn't mind getting infracted/banned should hop right on that.

This is so sad. As much as a person can feel miserable about the state of internet community affairs, I feel that miserable now.

You need to just take over the picture thread. Post pictures of yourself in various poses and every response can be from me, Profesco, Zeus, or Savannah just telling you what a sexy beast you are. It would be fierce.

Remove my name from that list. I'll never be caught dead calling anyone a sexy beast.

I'm probably not either, but I really don't care. It's not like there are many people here that I've become attached to, anyway.

I do. And happily so. I also notice GalladeX. Sorry I don't tend to quote you frequently. =/

If you must get noticed, do what I did on page 515. Make a big fool out of yourself by posting badly, and challenge JoshYEAH when he comes to show off his e-d***.

People will be sure to notice you then because by nature, humans tend to point out the bad more than the good. That's why people still bother to troll.

Please don't. That is precisely the problem we're having. That is a terrible idea and it always has been.

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
Originally posted by Professco
Please don't. That is precisely the problem we're having. That is a terrible idea and it always has been.

I apologize for that BTW. I underestimated how smart the "chat" thread is, and had massive brain diarrhea that day. I still find it funny how it generated so much negative attention even after I stopped posting.

So yes. It is one of the better ones by far. Dr. Pepper, Ginger Ale and Sprite imo.
Add Mexican Coca-Cola to that list and you've got yourself a respectable one.
Im in Josh's sig, being mentioned by Ellie.

Am I cool yet?
Being cool by association is not the best way to be cool.

Josiah

is your favorite
Way to ruin the joke, derkins. Uncool, man, uncool.
That's the only way I do things.

I do have to say, and not to hurt the feelings of anyone here, I get tired of some members going on about how nobody notices them. If you want the attention that bad, start making some interesting threads or something.

Josiah

is your favorite
Probably right, but put some emphasis on the "interesting" bit.

But of course, I would prefer people just shut up about not getting attention.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me

I do have to say, and not to hurt the feelings of anyone here, I get tired of some members going on about how nobody notices them. If you want the attention that bad, start making some interesting threads or something.

Then again, who the f**k wants to be cool on a pokemon forum to begin with.

This is precisely the problem what half the Misc has. They try to hard to be cool, then they f**k the pooch while doing it.

Unless you are like JoshYEAH, who is a all around douche here, then turns around at his real life....

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
A lot of you regulars people complain about how misc is **** now. But if you are here and say misc is crap now, that means that at one point misc was a glorious place where people can discuss how stupid Sarah Palin is without worrying about Allievite trolls coming and making a mess out of the thread. I wasn't around during those days, so what was it like?

For one thing, there weren't as many people making stupid threads (not that there has never been stupid threads; just a lot less) and people feeding the trolls.

I just "liked" your Facebook status to prove at least one person pays attention to your posts.

ETA: No. He probably just wishes he was.

I noticed :).

But to be fair, I'm not too upset about being an average member here. True, it kinda stinks not being in on any inside jokes or anything like that, but then again, I post here mainly because I'm bored and want to talk to people, so it's not too heartbreaking if I'm not one of the popular members.

Yes, because acting like a dumbass is sure to give you positive attention.

I do. And happily so. I also notice GalladeX. Sorry I don't tend to quote you frequently. =/

Don't apologize. I'd rather be quoted on remarks that are worth being quoted, not just to create useless chatter.

Unless that was directed at GalladeX.

I have been trying to not do that recently, but if it annoys people that I bring that up, then I'll stop. Again, not being a popular member doesn't really bother me that much.

If you ask anyone, they won't admit that they care.

Damn, you got my number :rolleyes:

But seriously, it's no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.