• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
ETA: No. He probably just wishes he was.

Thank you for this information. I should probably go wash my graffiti off of his garage door and apologize, then.

A lot of you regulars people complain about how misc is **** now. But if you are here and say misc is crap now, that means that at one point misc was a glorious place where people can discuss how stupid Sarah Palin is without worrying about Allievite trolls coming and making a mess out of the thread. I wasn't around during those days, so what was it like?

Sarah Palin can never be brought up in any sort of decent-conversation context, ever, so just get that idea out of your head right now. The difference, I would say, is that most people in general generated a lot of good discussion on a variety of topics. Which is good, but not funny, which is what Misc. is apparently known for. Then, there was an elite cadre of trolls (I use the term loosely, in their case) who would expertly derail threads into amusement parks of tongue-in-cheek observations and other various minorly inside jokes. And Josh reigned over the land with a fair and steady hand, everybody knew their bounds, and there was peace. Also, Grumpy Old Man and Kirby were pretty legit, too.

Somebody else should name off all the good trolls/derailers, though, if they please; I'm a busy man.

jacobii said:
If you must get noticed, do what I did on page 515. Make a big fool out of yourself by posting badly, and challenge JoshYEAH when he comes to show off his e-d***.

That's weird. Every time Josh whips out his e-d***, all I can do is sit at my monitor and marvel at it. Which I honestly thought was a perfectly normal reaction.

Profesco said:
This is so sad. As much as a person can feel miserable about the state of internet community affairs, I feel that miserable now.

I can't tell if you're being very serious or very sarcastic right now. Hm... probably both.

[IMG139]http://i55.*******.com/i2kfte.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i52.*******.com/swv4ec.jpg[/IMG139]

So Grizzly, you actually inspired the above convo. Be proud.

I know I don't tell you guys this often enough, but I'll ALWAYS be proud of the both of you, no matter what.

EDIT: Jesus, this took me way too long to write. It's like I just made a Bush joke or something.

Last edited:

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
I think part of the problem is that the actually good members are too busy missing inactive members instead of making misc. fun.

I tried to make it fun with my super cereal thread, but it only got 26 replies. I'm disappointed in you people.

If you ask anyone, they won't admit that they care.

I care!

Profesco

gone gently
I like being cool on a Pokemon forum. I'm rarely ever cool in real life, so this is where it has to happen.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Why not wave your e-dick? If you wave your real one you just get fined for public indecency.

Worst nursing home visit ever.

I like being cool on a Pokemon forum. I'm rarely ever cool in real life, so this is where it has to happen.

Turn up the AC. Ba-dum-tsh!

Sorry, I'm in the mood for bad jokes tonight. I'm probably just too happy after finding this to post anything intelligent.

Why not wave your e-dick? If you wave your real one you just get fined for public indecency.

Worst nursing home visit ever.

Where did you come from? Do you just show up whenever someone calls your name?

Josiah

is your favorite
Somebody else should name off all the good trolls/derailers, though, if they please; I'm a busy man.
Well, there's you, BattleFranky, Aegis/Archimedes, Sogeking, and I believe Rave and Freya joined in occasionally. I'm sure there's more, but I'm not sure if everyone on this list really counts either.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
BattleFranky has moved on to Valhalla though, like all great warriors after they die.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Well, there's you, BattleFranky, Aegis/Archimedes, Sogeking, and I believe Rave and Freya joined in occasionally. I'm sure there's more, but I'm not sure if everyone on this list really counts either.

Myself, Grizzly, Sogeking, Ethan before he was modded and Profesco before he was modded used to have our own social group dedicated to our love of derailing threads in entertaining ways before it got deleted for not being within the rules or something. It was pretty excellent. My only infractions ever are from that time.

Peter Quill

star-lord
Myself, Grizzly, Sogeking, Ethan before he was modded and Profesco before he was modded used to have our own social group dedicated to our love of derailing threads in entertaining ways before it got deleted for not being within the rules or something. It was pretty excellent. My only infractions ever are from that time.

That would be the Proftaku Babypus Grizzlyking Show.

Yes I remember stuff like this stfu

Status
Not open for further replies.