• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Misc's inner turmoil isn't caused by the older members becoming disenfranchised with how things are going with terrible new members, it's trolling caused by trolling and should be punished as such.
I'm refraining from saying anything.

Trolls are causing some of it.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Misc's inner turmoil isn't caused by the older members becoming disenfranchised with how things are going with terrible new members, it's trolling caused by trolling and should be punished as such.
Of course it is. It's trolling, absolutely, and anyone of us who trolls should receive the full penalty of infraction. There's never an excuse for getting someone's thread off track or posting pictures of black men.

But I disagree with anyone who says it's "sheer trolling," or that those who participate are simply trolling people. You can't ignore the causes that might move people to trolling. Specifically, we have to notice that, although it has spread across many demographics and may extend to those who are sheer trolls, it began primarily within older members' accounts. If you condemn each instance as "sheer trolling," you either ignorantly ignore the demographics involved, or you imply there are simply more trolls among older member communities, which I shouldn't have to explain is a distasteful thought. You don't just troll for no reason; we're talking about members who feel they have very little voice or future within the current state of their forum. For older members to troll en masse, there has to be a level of disconnect between them and their forum.

I'm not justifying the trolling. But there has to be some way of at least explaining outbreaks like this, so it can be prevented in the future. The current trolls should be punished, but something should also change within the demographics so that new trolls won't be created.

Last edited:

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
You guys complain a lot. The bottom line is: post good, make interesting threads or none at all, don't reply to spam, and don't feed the trolls.

Hmm, I guess I should start a new topic now. Uhhh... Nope, nothing interesting to say.

Last edited:
I'm not justifying the trolling. But there has to be some way of at least explaining outbreaks like this, so it can be prevented in the future. The current trolls should be punished, but something should also change within the demographics so that new trolls won't be created.

However, there should be a justifiable line that states what IS trolling and what isn't. Most of the things people scream "TROLL" at around here are simply those stating an opinion that is different from the norm, even with evidence backing it up. Most things that are posted around here aren't even close to trolling, just some joking around or a snide comment, not things that make the person go "LOLUMAD I JUST TROLLIN, DEAL WITH IT COOL STORY." We've got a lot of meme-spouting idiots, and that's more troublesome than the trolls, in my honest opinion. I will not deny that it goes on, but its moreso the reactions to the "trolls" than the trolls themselves that are an issue.

You guys complain a lot. The bottom line is: post good, make interesting threads or none at all, don't reply to spam, and don't feed the trolls.

But that's just it. There are so many members who will go into a thread just to scream "TROLL, STOP TROLLING, DON'T REPLY." It will go on for a page and a half of people just saying that.

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
Sure. Let's see how long this LOLIMAINTERNETTOUGHGUY persona lasts, shall we?
I mean come on, when is mocking younger forum go-ers considered cool? Isn't that jackassery in real life?

So every upper classman that picks on freshman is a jack ***?

what is a 13 year old kid doing on the internet anyways?

Oh yeah he's busy having absent and useless parents that's all.

I guess I have bad parents until September when I turn 14. :(

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Of course it is. It's trolling, absolutely, and anyone of us who trolls should receive the full penalty of infraction. There's never an excuse for getting someone's thread off track or posting pictures of black men.

But I disagree with anyone who says it's "sheer trolling," or that those who participate are simply trolling people. You can't ignore the causes that might move people to trolling. Specifically, we have to notice that, although it has spread across many demographics and may extend to those who are sheer trolls, it began primarily within older members' accounts. If you condemn each instance as "sheer trolling," you either ignorantly ignore the demographics involved, or you imply there are simply more trolls among older member communities, which I shouldn't have to explain is a distasteful thought. You don't just troll for no reason; we're talking about members who feel they have very little voice or future within the current state of their forum. For older members to troll en masse, there has to be a level of disconnect between them and their forum.

Stop sympathising with trolls!!1!1 >:[

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
New Topic: Beanie Babies

whats up with that? seriously. who collects these still

i actually have a few of these in my closet

Grandmothers that have empty nest syndrome, but no money to buy something that's alive. Or people that forgot to get their friend's kid a birthday present and stopped by Walgreens on the way to the party.

I too have dozens of them. My favorite is an ostrich because it's an ostrich.

i actually have a few of these in my closet

I actually have a lot of these still. I just don't buy new ones. I bought some of them when they were a huge fad. Yeah, I was dumb with money.

Still am sometimes.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I was a Beanie Baby goddess when I was a little girl. I had the collectors guide and everything. I brought a different one to school every day when I was in 1st grade.
People used to collect these because of the way they were distributed people thought these would make a fortune later on in life. Sad news for them when people stop caring and the prices dropped to rock bottom. They would have made more if they collected power morphers or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.