• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
Have you ever stayed up so late that you saw the sun rise, then had to get up at 9am?
____ ____
{(o)} {[o]}

Spookz

Lumos
Yes. But at that point I don't bother going to sleep.

I've worked several "all nighters" from 7PM-4AM, gotten back into the city at 5, showered, went out for breakfast and then headed to class early. Sometimes I fall take a nap on the floor of the studio under a drafting table between classes because of this.

Grey Wind

I've planned on doing an all-nighter with friends so many times, but I never got around to it. The latest I've stayed up is about 4:30 :/

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Have you ever stayed up so late that you saw the sun rise, then had to get up at 9am?

Sadly, I know the feeling.

Going to prematurely upgrade to 3DS tomorrow because I just found out my college campus no longer supports b connectivity for my DS lite. Hoping to wait a few years until they make the next version but I don't have much of a choice now.

Allnighters generally suck ***.

I once played Call of Duty (which I don't even enjoy) all night long to keep myself awake so I could catch a train the next morning.

More recently I had about an hour's sleep on the day of my graduation. I had to get there hours early to secure a gown (too idiotic and missed the online deadline), and so had to get up at 4. I fell asleep on the way home (my parents were there by then). How pathetic, a 22 year old in a suit, lying in the back of his parents' car.

Last edited:

BlazingCold

I've planned on doing an all-nighter with friends so many times, but I never got around to it. The latest I've stayed up is about 4:30 :/
That sucks. I've stayed up 37 hours on ice cream. With my grandparents.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I've stayed up all night before. It was fun, but only because there were other people with me and I didn't get bored or tired for some reason. It would start to suck if you do it too much however.

Spookz

Lumos
I think the longest I've stayed up consecutively was 96 hours.

I don't recommend it. All nighters can be fun (probably going to do one soon to see the sunrise at the beach with friends) during the summer, but if it's related to work or school.. no thanks.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
I should point out that most of my all nighters have also occured/happened under the influence or because of alcohol. Or poker. Damned damned poker.

I also once made the idiotic mistake of drinking till three am when I had work at nine. The work was heavy lifting some 100 or so metal tables a couple of hundred yards from point a to point b.

Oh, and 96(!) hours?

Peter Quill

star-lord
I used to worry myself sick and stay awake all night over stupid stuff. Thank god I stopped that. It was incredibly unhealthy.

Geekachu

More than phenomanal, I can assure.

Allnighters generally suck ***.

The ones I've had have been exactly this.

Once, me and my friends thought it would be good to tell our parents that we were going to sleep around each other's houses, but instead just spend an allnighter in town. It started off well, like we were running around a park and stuff. But then you soon know when your idea fails when there are five kids just sitting outside Argos at 3am with mind drilling boredom.

More recently was one at a camping party. I hate camping, so me and some others just sat round a fire all night. It was actually alright I suppose.

How pathetic, a 22 year old in a suit, lying in the back of his parents car.

Doing it with class, I see.

Doing it with class, I see.

Suit was mandatory. Believe me, if I could have attended in a *** and slacks, I would have.

I've also done far less classy things in a suit than that.

Last edited:
I used to worry myself sick and stay awake all night over stupid stuff. Thank god I stopped that. It was incredibly unhealthy.

>that feel when its all I do

The longest I've ever stayed up was 42 hours. Horrible time, really. I mean, I enjoyed it, but then I slept for 12 hours straight after that, aka, the longest I've ever slept.

So I can't get my schedule changed for next/my last quarter, and I'm stuck with a Tuesday evening class (no problem), a Thursday morning class (HUGE problem), and a Saturday morning class (just disgusting, really). At least I have my Fridays back, but still. My Thursday mornings now rely entirely on my sister waking up ON TIME for school, and my mother driving the both of us. If either is late, I'm completely screwed. Such is life, I suppose.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
I cannot believe you people.
My friend and I decided to stay up four days straight back in Middle School, you know; to say that we did before we die; had to go to the doctor the following week though.
:X

EDIT: Never drink coffee and coke to keep you up, all that stereotype stuff is shit...can hurt you really bad.

Ok, the word t e e is asterisked. Why?

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Last night I couldn't fall asleep until three, for no apparent reason. I was in my bed, just looking up at the ceiling for about two hours and then I went to watch FX Baked or whatever you call it and fell asleep watching Two and a Half Men.

But one good thing came out of it, I watched a full episode of Louie and dear god that show is glorious. Imma buy the first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.