• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

ZeroFire

Things I want or would like to see:
Aftergame Old Gen Legendaries
Wicke being the Evil Major Villain
Lilie pretends to be good but then reveals to be Wicke's Sidekick
New Alolan Forms like Alolan Zoroark (Dark/Ice)
Expanded Trainer customization
More Special Battle Tree Trainers (Lorelei,Volkner, Sabrina, Retired Tean Rocket Jessie & James)
Special Boutique where you can get clothing from Past Gen Regions
New Elite 4 Members

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Having new megas would be great, and some non-Kantonian Aloan forms. Maybe even a true form for Mimikyu.

Though I wonder if there will be gyms in this instead of trials seeing as this is an alternate story, and not a sequel.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Just wanna say something important here about when we'll next get news:

CoroCoro may not have anything in this next issue and maybe even the issue after that. CoroCoros tend to be light on info for the first issue or 2 after a game is announced, so nobody get angry when we don't get anything new from it.

Duly noted. We've already been subjected to longer-than-anticipated waiting just to find out the games even exist. And since last year, I'm definitely expecting that I need to be patient for a while. Overall, I feel fairly safe saying that we have now been warned.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I really don't want it to be an Alternate Universe like some people are speculating. Making characters like Gladion have Hau's personality, Kukui being a bad guy, etc just doesn't sit well with me and almost makes the game feel like a 'spoof' of the original SM. From the way it looks, this has the potential to be like an Emerald and Platinum but not BW2, since I don't think these games look like sequels (which I ideally would prefer).

Then again, Emerald and Platinum added a lot of extra features and more depth to the stories that were great and, polished RS and DP. So if USUM can do things similar to Emerald and Platinum, by polishing SM with extra story depth, move tutors, well established post game (like a battle frontier or PWT equivalent).

In the rare case that this actually is a sequel to SM, I think gyms may return as people have speculated. The gym leaders can still probably use totem pokemon as their ace I guess. It'll also be interesting to see who'll be the evil team, maybe Mohn returns and teams up with Colress? Either way, possiblities are endless, and weather the the games are 3rd version equivalent or sequels, I'm hyped either way.

Last edited:

Thure

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I really don't want it to be an Alternate Universe like some people are speculating. Making characters like Gladion have Hau's personality, Kukui being a bad guy, etc just doesn't sit well with me and almost makes the game feel like a 'spoof' of the original SM. From the way it looks, this has the potential to be like an Emerald and Platinum but not BW2, since I don't think these games look like sequels (which I ideally would prefer).

Then again, Emerald and Platinum added a lot of extra features and more depth to the stories that were great and, polished RS and DP. So if USUM can do things similar to Emerald and Platinum, by polishing SM with extra story depth, move tutors, well established post game (like a battle frontier or PWT equivalent).

In the rare case that this actually is a sequel to SM, I think gyms may return as people have speculated. The gym leaders can still probably use totem pokemon as their ace I guess. It'll also be interesting to see who'll be the evil team, maybe Mohn returns and teams up with Colress? Either way, possiblities are endless, and weather the the games are 3rd version equivalent or sequels, I'm hyped either way.

I want Alternate Universe but not with 'Reverse Personalities'...

wilmawong

In B2W2 a glacier had covered part of BWs map, is there any possibility that the volcano on Akala has erupted, changing the map significantly?

Exsception

Born Completionist
- Bring back the National Dex within the game. Not needed, but I want it back, probably my second biggest issue with S/M

Do you all actually enjoy the tedious process of filling up a National Dex repeatedly? (Not to say that this opinion is wrong by any means, but I personally don't understand it.) I for one was very tired of proving that I could collect every Pokemon over and over again just so I can start shiny hunting. I think that GF addressed this issue in S/M by moving the National Dex to Bank. It's one of my favorite changes that gen 7 brought to the table.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
These are the things I hope they add or change
Move the move deleter/re learner to an earlier location
Add more pokemon to the region dex
Add a national dex
Add new alolan forms
Story changes which is pretty obvious
Add a battle fronted type of place

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Do you all actually enjoy the tedious process of filling up a National Dex repeatedly? (Not to say that this opinion is wrong by any means, but I personally don't understand it.) I for one was very tired of proving that I could collect every Pokemon over and over again just so I can start shiny hunting. I think that GF addressed this issue in S/M by moving the National Dex to Bank. It's one of my favorite changes that gen 7 brought to the table.

Personally I just like being able to look up pokémon and getting a description. It's just weird to get pokémon but not getting a pokédex description. I personally don't have Bank and I don't intend to get it any time soon. With Sun being my only Bank-compatible game I just have no need for it beyond a Dex.

Akashin

Personally I just like being able to look up pokémon and getting a description. It's just weird to get pokémon but not getting a pokédex description. I personally don't have Bank and I don't intend to get it any time soon. With Sun being my only Bank-compatible game I just have no need for it beyond a Dex.

Ehh. As a tradeoff for this, the majority of the Pokemon that do have entries got new (and sometimes awesome) entries instead of the repeated ones we've been getting since BW. If they continue this trend and write new entries for whatever Pokemon will be added to the dex with USUM, I'll be more than happy.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

i actually liked the national dex alot and even tediously filling it out. while the games generally hold my attention to most of the hype/new facilities i do enjoy filling out that +800 pkmn dex in the games. its even better when the post game material fails to fill out activities to do, sun/moon have very little post game content to keep me busy so i tend to try filling the national dex. the national dex is also what kept me busy and engaged in gen6 pkmn X until sun came out. i finished the X game and proceeded to log in all foreign data to normal and evolving pkmn (and a few foreign legends).

i even bred out a complete ITA and KOR set of pkmn to evolve in sun, i even had plans to get moon just for foreign playthrus to get the foreign pkmn data. alas, sun was underwhelming and i just settled for evolving any foreign pkmn that happented to come my way thru WT and barely touched my complete set stored on PKbank.

even seeing the national dex pkmn with no entries in sun really does bother me. if you want that shiny charm then they can just have it delivered on the alolan dex completion (maybe egg hatchung too) and let the national dex be an optional thing to fill out.

Last edited:

tamnguyen912

My friends and I think this will be the sequel, and new main character will be S/M main character's siblings, like in the trailer, the young guy visited his brother. That will explain why he lived in the same house, why they look the same. He's from Kanto (in the trailer was Japan), visited and gonna live with his brother & mother in Alola (in the trailer was Vietnam).

Remember what happened with SM trailer? It's a boy moved to Hawaii and befriend with a boy name Shoku.

It's almost the same in the game, main character moved to Alola and befriend with a boy name Hau.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Mina's Trial would have just been an extra one on Poni Island, if she'd been bothered to create one.

Personally I always think Mina's Trial would replace the Dragon one if she ever creates her Trial.

You don't need to do a tedious repeated process though?

If you have a Living Dex in Bank, you can just move them once into the game, check your game just to be sure, then move them back into Bank.

Only thing left to do would be to fill the data for the new Pokemon of the current generation.

My friends and I think this will be the sequel, and new main character will be S/M main character's siblings, like in the trailer, the young guy visited his brother. That will explain why he lived in the same house, why they look the same. He's from Kanto (in the trailer was Japan), visited and gonna live with his brother & mother in Alola (in the trailer was Vietnam).

That was part of the Pokken trailer, so I don't know how important that part is. But I do like how they mixed the US/UM trailer with the Pokken trailer. I think nobody expected to see the US/UM trailer being part of the Pokken trailer.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

Remember what happened with SM trailer? It's a boy moved to Hawaii and befriend with a boy name Shoku.

It's almost the same in the game, main character moved to Alola and befriend with a boy name Hau.

To be honest, I'd very much like to see the US/UM protagonists are being the siblings to the S/M ones. I wouldn't neglect the possibility at all, if they are following the trend with real-life videos to match the in-game happenings, which in that case it is the siblings who are playing US/UM together, also.

Exsception

Born Completionist

I suppose that's fair. Dex entries don't interest me that much though.

You don't need to do a tedious repeated process though?

If you have a Living Dex in Bank, you can just move them once into the game, check your game just to be sure, then move them back into Bank.

Only thing left to do would be to fill the data for the new Pokemon of the current generation.

But most people (myself included) don't have a Living Dex. I'm a breeder, and I need my bank space for breeding leftovers/material. Not to mention that the process of building a Living Dex takes even longer than completing a National Dex.

johno1995

Hoping for a combination of trials and gyms this time. Say you have to complete the trial before challenging a Gym Leader instead of a Totem, for variety and length's sake I think this would be the best option. Add in some new Pokemon to the Alolan 'Dex as well, especially some that haven't been well-represented in previous regional Pokedexes.

Gym Leaders-
Ilima (Normal): Gumshoos, Minccino
Lana (Water): Wishiwashi, Araquanid
Kiawe (Fire): A-Marowak, Fletchinder, Darmanitan
Mallow (Grass): Tsareena, Lurantis, Maractus
Molayne (Steel): A-Dugtrio, A-Sandslash, Metang, Bronzong
Acerola (Ghost): Mimikyu, Dhelmise, Palossand, Drifblim, Cofagrigus, Froslass
Mina (Fairy): Togekiss, Shiinotic, Ribombee, Slurpuff, Granbull, Smeargle (armed w/ Fairy moves)
Nanu (Dark): A-Persian, Mightyena, Absol, Honchkrow, Cacturne, Spiritomb

Elite Four-
Plumeria (Poison): Salazzle, A-Muk, Seviper, Nidoqueen, Toxicroak, Dragalge
Olivia (Rock): Lycanroc, Probopass, Carbink, Relicanth, Kabutops, Rhyperior
Kahili (Flying): Toucannon, Oricorio, Skarmory, Tropius, Mandibuzz, Braviary
Sophocles (Electric): Togedemaru, Vikavolt, A-Golem, Electivire, Electrode, Porygon-Z

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector

That trailer was mostly for Pokken Tournament, though. If it was a sequel, wouldn't they have continued the original trailer and still used Japan and Hawaii?

I hope you're right about it being a sequel, but more evidence points to an alternate story instead of a continued story. It seems very much like the traditional third games where most of the story is the same but there are some significant changes.

DSDark

Breeder
Hoping for a combination of trials and gyms this time. Say you have to complete the trial before challenging a Gym Leader instead of a Totem, for variety and length's sake I think this would be the best option. Add in some new Pokemon to the Alolan 'Dex as well, especially some that haven't been well-represented in previous regional Pokedexes.

Gym Leaders-
Ilima (Normal): Gumshoos, Minccino
Lana (Water): Wishiwashi, Araquanid
Kiawe (Fire): A-Marowak, Fletchinder, Darmanitan
Mallow (Grass): Tsareena, Lurantis, Maractus
Molayne (Steel): A-Dugtrio, A-Sandslash, Metang, Bronzong
Acerola (Ghost): Mimikyu, Dhelmise, Palossand, Drifblim, Cofagrigus, Froslass
Mina (Fairy): Togekiss, Shiinotic, Comfey, Slurpuff, Clefable, Smeargle (armored w/ Fairy moves)
Nanu (Dark): A-Persian, Mightyena, Absol, Honchkrow, Cacturne, Spiritomb

Elite Four-
Plumeria (Poison): Salazzle, A-Muk, Seviper, Nidoqueen, Toxicroak, Dragalge
Olivia (Rock): Lycanroc, Probopass, Carbink, Relicanth, Kabutops, Rhyperior
Kahili (Flying): Toucannon, Oricorio, Skarmory, Tropius, Mandibuzz, Braviary
Sophocles (Electric): Togedemaru, Vikavolt, A-Golem, Electivire, Electrode, Porygon-Z

Why would Mina not have her signature pokemon Ribbombee?

I would love to see both gyms and trials in USUM. It would add to length and give you two diverse challenges.

johno1995

Why would Mina not have her signature pokemon Ribbombee?

I would love to see both gyms and trials in USUM. It would add to length and give you two diverse challenges.

I originally had a Bug gym and took Ribombee from Mina but at the last second changed that idea. Good catch.

I definitely want to see 6-Pokemon battles this go around, with more difficulty and variety in the game. It is called "Ultra" after all. Why not make it "Ultra" difficult? :D Lol