• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Actually I suspect it would be delayed to 2020, as it is pretty much confirmed that they are preparing for a 2019 release.

Ultra Beast Lover

That's so cute, we can play with the overworld Pokemon. Now they aren't just idle characters we can't understand.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
And back in 1998 Pokemon was 25 dollar... so...?
Also the Switch can have multible saves via accounts... Pokemon can't block this.

Smash for Wii U only had one save file across all accounts. Pokemon could do something similar.

Hoennking

This is bit off topic but I really really appreciate this fourm. I don't know what happend but man Pokemon fanbase is so Damn toxic lately

Like today people were complaining about usum being last 3ds games but weren't people complaining that usum wasn't Pokemon stars and isn't on switch

Make up your mind. I don't get it. I criticize games also when it's warranted I don't mind seeing critism of my favourite video game series. But hot Damn people really acting bratty and spoiled about a Damn game. Grownass man

For Wulava's list:

01: the bed covers there look really neat, I'm a fan of the Pinsir design.
02: I'm actually really happy that this is a thing, I'm almost happier that we pet the overworld animals rather than have Pokemon follow us.
04: inb4 Ash appears and congratulates us on our Pikachu
07: thank the Lord, our saviour has arrived.
08: I say it could possibly be a mistranslation because I think we normally start the game with 3000 and 30000 is just adding another zero but if they have changed this then woah that's a tad OP.
09: I'm glad this is a thing, it makes the trainers feel less like obstacles and more like, well, trainers.
10: oh my god I love the Pikachu clothing! I've been planning on not customising Moon at all in my game since I love her current design but they're really testing my determination with this.
13: I think the Phenomena was when those dark patches of grass would ambush you and a wild Pokemon battle would stat, but it'll be cool if they go into that a little more.
14: note that according to the translation it says "two people came from the Ultra Space", implying that only two went through the wormhole but the other two are in Ultra Megalopolis. Also note that Soliera and Phyco can be seen alongside the male MC in the Ultra Megalopolis, and the male MC is normally only used to advertise Sun or UltraSun footage.

All the rest I'm hyped for but are nothing worth mentioning.

Ultra Beast Lover

You know how we find Nebby in the cave during the trailer? What if at some points we have to find Nebby and calm it down by petting it plus whatever the other options are, these instances will sometimes lead to the Ultra Recon Squad finding us and battling us.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm happy I don't have to buy a switch until hopefully 2019, or close to. I'm curious if they'll have a connection through pokebank or maybe a whole new app to trade between USUM and the Switch game.

I HAVE A QUESTION......How are GF gonna bring Pokemon bank to the switch ? its clear there is no connection to the 3DS and switch, so how are any of us gonna bring our Pokemon to the next gen ? don't tell me its gonna be another gen 3 situation ?!!!

more like you have a repeat of the question asked right before hand :p but im happy we got answered! I also think they'll make it very easy and convenient to switch pokemon forward. They've only made it easier every generation since the link cable and I can't see them going in the opposite direction.

01 The Hero's Room
- The player's room has been redesigned.

02 Interaction with Pokemon
- You can interact with overworld Pokemon. This feature was the one assumed as the return of "following Pokemon".

03 Flashy Z-Moves
- Pretty much says that the moves (names?) are flashier.

04 Pikachu Valley
- If you bring Ash Cap Pikachu, something interesting happens.

05 Lycanroc's New Forme
- You all know what this is.

06 Mantine Surf
- Surf at the back of Mantine. Do tricks and aim for a high score.

07 Power of Technology
- Y'know, the guy at the beginning town who always says that technology is amazing? Yep, he's back.

08 Pocket Money
- I might be translating this wrong but I think our mom will give us 30,000 Pokedollars.

09 Fitness
- Even trainers who are busy exercising will still meet the Player's eye if you go past them. Seems like a lot of overworld trainers are no longer plain standing and doing nothing.

10 Fashion
- Customize your player's hairstyle and outfit.

11 Ecology of Alolan Exeggutor
- Seeing Alolan Exeggutors bathing in sunlight/moonlight is a rare sight at Exeggutor Island.

12 Rotom Dex
- Rotom is very chatty. Talk often and you might get something great.

13 Seven Wonders
- It is said that mysterious phenomenon occur in Alola. This was actually mentioned in SM at the Trainer's School. It's good that they'll explore this more in USUM.

14 Ultra Recon Squad
- It's interesting that it says "two people came from the Ultra Space". Are the characters really exclusive to each game? I hope not.

15 New Ultra Beast
- Just shows UB:Adhesive and how cute it is.

That's all for now. The site says more coming soon.

Ones I'm super excited for:

02 pokemon interaction... hopefully there will be a zone that lets your pokemon come out and follow you also. Not the whole game, but a limited pokemon park kind of deal would fulfill this for me (I'd spend every second day there walking around lol)

03 Flashy Z-moves... I always felt they weren't that great looking, several needs a boost, and they should make a notable difference between the physical and special moves. They should have went all out with this mechanic since they've tried replacing megas with it (and failed imo), but so they still have a bit to go with z-moves if they want them to get up to a cool level.

Otherwise some sound less exciting.. the rotom power thing is going to be annoying potentially... I just know it. Half the time Rotom talks I try to press him as fast as possible to make him shut up. Useless and I was hoping for a turn off option if anything... I don't even like knowing where to go on the map with him.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Otherwise some sound terrible.. the rotom power thing is going to be Torrible... I just know it. Half the time Rotom talks I try to press him as fast as possible to make him shut up. Useless and I was hoping for a turn off option if anything... I don't even like knowing where to go on the map with him.

Rotom Powers are technically O-Powers, just under a different name.
It's an optional but beneficial mechanic. It helps hatch eggs faster, increase Prize Money or EXP yield, chances of capture or wild encounter, stat raises in battle, etc.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Every piece of news we get is so minor.. I'm just sure we're not getting anything major revealed.

future.newyorker

Every piece of news we get is so minor.. I'm just sure we're not getting anything major revealed.

You know, I really hate seeing your posts sometimes. They’re either all about how you want a PWT (I’ve seen you post this multiple times in a row) or they’re about negativity. We still have a little less than a month to go, GF isn’t going to reveal their trump card early. Just be patient and realize that GF has never really let us down before, and they’re not going to start now.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
You know, I really hate seeing your posts sometimes. They’re either all about how you want a PWT (I’ve seen you post this multiple times in a row) or they’re about negativity. We still have a little less than a month to go, GF isn’t going to reveal their trump card early. Just be patient and realize that GF has never really let us down before, and they’re not going to start now.

Well, I'm sorry that you don't like seeing my posts. You can just ignore them if you want to, no1 is forcing you to read it.
I'm just expressing my opinion, isn't that allowed here?
Yes, I want a PWT and its my own RIGHT to say I want one, isn't this a GENERAL speculate thread?
and YES, I dont think these games are gonna have any major changes from SM. Am I allowed to say it? YES, cuz its a GENERAL speculate thread.
I dont like lots of the opinions around here, but I just ignore their owners' posts. You should try doing it sometimes, in the real life as well

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Rotom Powers are technically O-Powers, just under a different name.
It's an optional but beneficial mechanic. It helps hatch eggs faster, increase Prize Money or EXP yield, chances of capture or wild encounter, stat raises in battle, etc.

Very true about it being beneficial, I'll have to suck it up with Rotom. But maybe they've made his dialogue more interesting and enlightening too. I doubt they've kept all the same boring stuff if they've added a whole new part to him, so I retract my former statement and I'm thinking this could solve my issues with Rotomdex.

Also wondering if we can use them on other players like how o-powers worked.

scififan21

Very true about it being beneficial, I'll have to suck it up with Rotom. But maybe they've made his dialogue more interesting and enlightening too. I doubt they've kept all the same boring stuff if they've added a whole new part to him, so I retract my former statement and I'm thinking this could solve my issues with Rotomdex.

Also wondering if we can use them on other players like how o-powers worked.

Speaking of that I wonder if they'll be upgradeable or level up like O-Powers did.

Ultra Beast Lover

I wonder how the girls' new hairstyle looks in different colors, I really like the yellow but I'm a fan of the platinum blond hair colors