• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Does anyone think we might get a Nihilego possessed form (without Lusamine of course)?

Do you mean like to use in battle? If so then no, since Nihilego wouldn't have anyone to fuse with except the player and that seems... weird. If you mean simply a character gets possessed by it again, then I'd say that Lusamine may be possessed again considering what we've been shown, but most likely not anybody else.

It's possible, but they haven't been plugging in and advertising Nihilego as much for this game. Seems the focus is more on Adhesive and obviously Necrozma.

Are they really though? All Adhesive has really done is be shown as the URS' signature team member, it's not like it's being hyped up as a mysterious story element or anything.

I get the Necrozma thing though.

.Aerodactyl.

Do you mean like to use in battle? If so then no, since Nihilego wouldn't have anyone to fuse with except the player and that seems... weird. If you mean simply a character gets possessed by it again, then I'd say that Lusamine may be possessed again considering what we've been shown, but most likely not anybody else.

Are they really though? All Adhesive has really done is be shown as the URS' signature team member, it's not like it's being hyped up as a mysterious story element or anything.

I get the Necrozma thing though.

True. I just think the fact that Adhesive seems to be the URS signature just naturally gives it distinction... we'll probably end up battling it several times when we encounter the URS, where as we haven't really seen Nihilego shown in a prominent way.

True. I just think the fact that Adhesive seems to be the URS signature just naturally gives it distinction... we'll probably end up battling it several times when we encounter the URS, where as we haven't really seen Nihilego shown in a prominent way.

Despite Nihilego being the reason for just about all the events of SM.

Yeah, but this really does seem to diverge from the original... The motivations for everything and who's doing it seem to be completely different, despite many things running parallel.

What does that have to do with Nihilego? Mohn's most likely disappeared still due to Gladion saying "if mom disappears too" in the English story trailer, and Nebby and Type:Null have definitely been stolen by Gladion and Lillie, with Lillie's clothing still resembling Nihilego at first. The reason for the Aether family being so fractured is still basically the same.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I was really hoping we would be able to use the form in battle, like a Mega almost, obviously without Lusamine. The form was so cool, only to have no real point aside from a little story influence.

.Aerodactyl.

What does that have to do with Nihilego? Mohn's most likely disappeared still due to Gladion saying "if mom disappears too" in the English story trailer, and Nebby and Type:Null have definitely been stolen by Gladion and Lillie, with Lillie's clothing still resembling Nihilego at first. The reason for the Aether family being so fractured is still basically the same.

I'm just saying I don't think Nihilego is the reason for everything this time. Yes, Mohn is still missing, but that was never because of Nihilego. I don't think that's changed. But Nihilego was just the one that made Lusamine go crazy... It's where the wormhole opened up too, and she ended up becoming obsessed with it. So far, it seems that has changed. Now the URS are the ones coming from the worm hole and chasing Lillie, Lusamine doesn't seem to go crazy this time. I just think that we won't see much of Nihilego until we travel in Ultra Space and encounter it like the other Ultra Beasts. Nihilego not being a main part doesn't change Type: Null's existence or anything. It's really only directly related to Lusamine going crazy

R_N

I'm just saying I don't think Nihilego is the reason for everything this time. Yes, Mohn is still missing, but that was never because of Nihilego. I don't think that's changed. But Nihilego was just the one that made Lusamine go crazy... It's where the wormhole opened up too, and she ended up becoming obsessed with it. So far, it seems that has changed. Now the URS are the ones coming from the worm hole and chasing Lillie, Lusamine doesn't seem to go crazy this time. I just think that we won't see much of Nihilego until we travel in Ultra Space and encounter it like the other Ultra Beasts. Nihilego not being a main part doesn't change Type: Null's existence or anything. It's really only directly related to Lusamine going crazy

There is no proof Lusamine doesn't go crazy
All we have is her beaten and bruised presumably by Necrozma at end game.
reminder that being beaten and bruised is what snapped her out of things in SM

.Aerodactyl.

Yeah, I could be wrong. I'm not trying to be dogmatic about it. Just, from what I've seen, I personally don't think Lusamine is going to go crazy this time, and I don't think Nihilego will play such a large roll again. We've barely seen Nihilego in any trailers, and with the introduction of the URS it just doesn't seem to be going that way.

ShadowForce720

To be honest we don't have much context or proof either way on whether or not Lusamine goes crazy in USUM, it is possible that she could still go crazy in USUM? Yes, but it's not guaranteed as we don't know some of the changes are that will happen in USUM. For instance at the beginning of SM we saw a cut scene that showed Lillie with Cosmog in her bag running away from some Aether Foundation Employees and yet in USUM she seems to be running away from the Ultra Recon Squad.

So while there isn't any proof that Lusamine doesn't go crazy in USUM, at the same time there is no proof that she does go crazy in USUM. As some of the changes were seeing could imply that she might not go crazy in USUM, although no matter how you look at it we don't have enough context and information to really say definitively either way as to if Lusamine will go crazy or not in USUM.

Akashin

To be honest we don't have much context or proof either way on whether or not Lusamine goes crazy in USUM, it is possible that she could still go crazy in USUM? Yes, but it's not guaranteed as we don't know some of the changes are that will happen in USUM. For instance at the beginning of SM we saw a cut scene that showed Lillie with Cosmog in her bag running away from some Aether Foundation Employees and yet in USUM she seems to be running away from the Ultra Recon Squad.

So while there isn't any proof that Lusamine doesn't go crazy in USUM, at the same time there is no proof that she does go crazy in USUM. As some of the changes were seeing could imply that she might not go crazy in USUM, although no matter how you look at it we don't have enough context and information to really say definitively either way as to if Lusamine will go crazy or not in USUM.

That depends upon your definition of crazy, I suppose. We don't know if she goes fully crazy for Nihilego, no (but that Cosmoem's evolution scene and one of Lillie's scenes on Poni Island not too long after are still intact implies that at least a decent bit of the original story in that respect is kept intact). But she was crazy to an extent well before the games began, and they've outright said that the story doesn't diverge until the URS becomes involved.

ShadowForce720

That depends upon your definition of crazy, I suppose. We don't know if she goes fully crazy for Nihilego, no (but that Cosmoem's evolution scene and one of Lillie's scenes on Poni Island not too long after are still intact implies that at least a decent bit of the original story in that respect is kept intact). But she was crazy to an extent well before the games began, and they've outright said that the story doesn't diverge until the URS becomes involved.

yes but here's the thing though we see them in the beginning cut scene to where it looks like Lillie is running away from them and it also seems like where going to encounter them after the Kahuna battle with Hala and also continue to encounter them on Akala Island which that could easily imply that the story starts to diverge towards the end of Melemele Island and the beginning of Akala Island. For instance different circumstances could have led to that as we don't know if Aether Foundation is still after Cosmog and other then seeing Guzma we haven't really seen that much of Team Skull.

Heck at this point we don't even know if Nihilego is going to come out of that UB portal at Aether Foundation that we originally saw it come out of in Sun and Moon for all we know it could be a different UB that shows up there in USUM.

Last edited:

Akashin

yes but here's the thing though we see them in the beginning cut scene to where it looks like Lillie is running away from them and it also seems like where going to encounter them after the Kahuna battle with Hala and also continue to encounter them on Akala Island which that could easily imply that the story starts to diverge towards the end of Melemele Island and the beginning of Akala Island. For instance different circumstances could have led to that as we don't know if Aether Foundation is still after Cosmog and other then seeing Guzma we haven't really seen that much of Team Skull.

What does that have to do with what I said? I said that because the story doesn't diverge until they become involved, Lusamine's past and her past with her children (which is part and parcel with her going off the deep end even before Nihilego was involved) are likely still intact. It doesn't really matter when in the game they become involved, in that context.

And different circumstances could lead to us getting the exact same scene over again, but I can't imagine why that's something worth considering. If the circumstances behind Cosmog evolving were different, there's no reason why the scene of it doing so shouldn't be either.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
But they also said in the same interview that URS appear at the game's opening.
So the story already diverges at the start. Minor at least.

Dragoness Abivelus

Dragon Trainer
Sorry if this has already been broached, but what do people think of Pokemon following the trainer, and flying Charizard like in ORAS Latios/Latias?

Akashin

But they also said in the same interview that URS appear at the game's opening.
So the story already diverges at the start. Minor at least.

Right. But that should mean that everything prior to the start of the story is unchanged (unless the URS first appeared well before the start of the game, and changes pertaining to them go back that far, though I doubt it), which is what I was talking about.

Sorry if this has already been broached, but what do people think of Pokemon following the trainer, and flying Charizard like in ORAS Latios/Latias?

A lot of people were hoping for at least the former, but it's very safe to say at this point that neither are coming back.