• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Aetius

Since we're talking about Lusamine, what about the screenshot on 4chan that depicts her together with Lillie and the others seemingly normal?
If the story from Sun & Moon is of any indication, shouldn't she be unconscious at this moment of the story?
Of course, the legitimacy of the screenshot hasn't been proven yet, but to me, it looks extremely detailed to be a fake....
If it's true, then I can see the story going like this:

The URS comes into the Pokèworld in order to take custody of Cosmog and bring it over to Ultra Megalopolis, but Lillie finds out about their scheme and escapes from Aether Paradise.
The URS starts travelling around Alola by following traces of Ultra Aura and we've got confirmation of this by Phyco himself.
Due to this, we will probably be meeting them a lot during our journey, which justifies Lillie keeping Cosmog in her bag all the time.
All of this until we will reach the Altar, from which the climax of the story will start.
After Necrozma's appearance, the URS will decide to join forces with us in order to capture Necrozma (As shown in the trailer and the infamous screenshot).

Then again, there would still be the problem of Type: Null....
Of course, they could say that this time it was Faba's will alone that made this Pokèmon's creation possible...

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
They have. They've also said there will be a post-game episode (in the same vein as Delta Episode I'd assume, but time will tell).

Technically we already have that in form of the Looker/Ultra Beast Story, but I would gladly take a new story as either a replacement or an addition.

EDIT: Just realized as I was publishing this post that the implied ability to catch Ultra Beasts within Ultra Space renders the Looker story completely obsolete, and it will need to be replaced or heavily edited. That just got me excited. I hope they go all-out like they did with the Delta Episode.

Thure

Technically we already have that in form of the Looker/Ultra Beast Story, but I would gladly take a new story as either a replacement or an addition.

EDIT: Just realized as I was publishing this post that the implied ability to catch Ultra Beasts within Ultra Space renders the Looker story completely obsolete, and it will need to be replaced or heavily edited. That just got me excited. I hope they go all-out like they did with the Delta Episode.

"It confirms that the game is further detailed than people believe with there being further post-game story content than before, adding that it is far more in-depth than Pokémon Emerald & Platinum in terms of change"

https://serebii.net/news/2017/17-October-2017.shtml

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I dunno if you guys have seen this before or not but...

Few days ago, Nintendo Life posted a video of their exclusive interview with USUM Directors Ohmori and Iwao.
One of the questions asked is about the post game.

What element of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon do you think will surprise fans the most?

Iwao: There are lots of features and one in particular that I'd love to be able to talk about, but unfortunately I can't right now. Something that's really great is that after you finish the story, there's a big post-story scenario that the players can really get into and enjoy, and another feature that's hopefully something that'll be really good for players to discover is that you can go and visit other worlds through the Ultra Wormholes. There's Pokémon you can encounter and amongst them is actually Mewtwo, a strong Pokémon that players will be very familiar with who's appeared in the past, and they can encounter and catch that, so hopefully players will really enjoy those aspects.
Transcript: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...uld_all_play_pokemon_ultra_sun_and_ultra_moon

What really piqued my interest is the feature they can't talk about.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^There is only one month left so it is irrelevant really.

Akashin

Irrelevant in the sense that we only have a month until we'll learn for ourselves what it is he's referring to, sure. But the implication that there's something big they're keeping under wraps definitely isn't irrelevant.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I dunno if you guys have seen this before or not but...

Few days ago, Nintendo Life posted a video of their exclusive interview with USUM Directors Ohmori and Iwao.
One of the questions asked is about the post game.

Transcript: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...uld_all_play_pokemon_ultra_sun_and_ultra_moon

What really piqued my interest is the feature they can't talk about.

I saw that interview. NL asked a lot of great questions about this game but Ohmori and Iwao gave so many non-answers about this game which is a shame. I know it's pre-release and there's stuff they can't talk about but geez, they act like they have nothing to show, IDK how they expect to sell people on the expanded content if they're not going to tell us what that content is. The pre-release marketing for this game has been groundbreakingly terrible.

Ultra Beast Lover

Here's what I think will happen

If theories are correct then the game starts with the entire Recon Squad chasing Lillie on the night or day she runs away because they think Aether is going to feed Nebby to Necrozma (Aether does sound a little sinister and I mean they did make an Ultra Beast Killer) they probably also stole some Beast Balls. If it's moon it'll be Phyco and Soliera blocking Lillie while Dulse and Zossie chase her and vice versa. Anyways the plot will mostly be the same except for when the URS appear, Soliera and Phyco will fight you less in Sun and more in Moon. You'll strike this weird relationship with the members were your not exactly hostile towards each other because both you and the squad makes it clear that you're both trying to protect Nebby yet they seem rather suspicious with their uniforms and using Ultra Beasts and Lillie mentioning four strange people being after Nebby so you fight them several times. All is relatively normal, then Lillie is kidnapped and Nebby is forced to open wormholes. Before Lusamine goes through however the Squad members you've seen the least of hold her back she doesn't go through. They free Nebby who has evolved and you fight them in a double battle right after your Pokemon are healed by Lillie who joins you. When you win they see that they can't take Nebby home so they leave after informing their teammates over the comms. You leave and all is normal until you get to the Altar, the fight happens and a sane Lusamine comes along to sort of atone with Guzma but Necrozma knocks them aside, eats Nebby, then vanishes. The other two Recon Squad members appear and they explain their story then Lusamine explains everything. You battle the final two members and they take you through to their home. You climb the tower and there's Nebby/Necrozma in a shell that's absorbing all the light in the tower. You fight the fused Pokemon (can't catch it though, Necrozma knocks away all balls even Master Balls) and after the fight the two Pokemon separate. Necrozma explodes unleashing little balls of light and has entered its true form. You catch Necrozma or knock it out (it'll be at the Altar later if you just beat it) and Nebby restores the light as the Squad wanted. In return for helping them, they offer to let you catch Nebby then the stories basically over.

Thure

Yeah... because if something isn't shown it doesn't exist... of course

I saw that interview. NL asked a lot of great questions about this game but Ohmori and Iwao gave so many non-answers about this game which is a shame. I know it's pre-release and there's stuff they can't talk about but geez, they act like they have nothing to show, IDK how they expect to sell people on the expanded content if they're not going to tell us what that content is. The pre-release marketing for this game has been groundbreakingly terrible.

GameFreak shows a lot of features = people complaining "They spoil the entire game!"
GameFreak shows less features = "GameFreak is super bad at marketing!"

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
GameFreak shows a lot of features = people complaining "They spoil the entire game!"
GameFreak shows less features = "GameFreak is super bad at marketing!"

So show enough to get people interested without spoiling everything. That should be Marketing 101.

ShadowForce720

So show enough to get people interested without spoiling everything. That should be Marketing 101.

people would still complain about it not being enough or too much. The point is that it does not matter how much they show because either way people are just going to complain that it's either not enough or is too much information.

Akashin

And they have. Whether what they've shown is interesting or not is up to you, not them.

Personally, I've seen enough that they could show absolutely nothing else between now and the 17th and I couldn't care less.

.Aerodactyl.

In terms of marketing... I'm super hyped for these games, so it's obviously working on some level. I think its just that you can't catch every fish with the same bait. So it's bad marketing to some, and to others it's perfect. There is no way they could have hit everyone the same way. It's more likely that people who aren't hyped just aren't interested in the features that are revealed, and just maybe, the focuses they've taken on this game as whole don't appeal to them.

I don't understand why this is such a hard concept for people to grasp. There's nothing wrong with not liking a game, and nothing wrong with liking one, but we all act like our personal opinion is the official and final verdict of a game and it's not. I hated gen 5, they sold the worst of any generation, but other people love them and hail them as their favourite. And they're not wrong...it's just what that game did appealed to them personally. It's the same thing here. There is this entire demographic we all ignore on here, and that's the kids. They buy the games (sometimes two copies when they loose one!) They watch the movies and the anime. They buy the cards, they buy the TOYS. They buy the paper plates, and the bed sheets, and they love stuff like photo club and Mantine Surf.

I'm not saying people can't disagree or criticize. Go ahead! I just mean, we all sort of have to accept that our opinion isn't fact and that were all right and wrong at the same time.

Ultra Beast Lover

Same, I mean seriously they got rid of HMs, they have customization, we get to ride on Pokemon which means no more HM Pokemon. In this next game we're gonna be able to take the scenic route while doing flips and dodging other Pokemon, even though I loved bikes we don't need them either, we can heal statuses out on the field with Pokemon refresh, we have reusable TMs, unlimited storage. We can run inside. We have just about everything we'll ever need now.